• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
oof this took me way longer than it should have.

Basically I copied Pen's list of every possible role (with help from Min's explanation of the Anime roles, bless you for that) and compiled them into a spreadsheet. This is just meant to be a visual guide as to which roles are still possible to appear in the game.

A black background indicates that role was in the game but died, while a white background indicates roles I've ruled out for one reason or another. The idea is to have a quick reference to turn to in case people try to fakeclaim, or to support people's role claims.

I'll consistently update the spreadsheet as more roles flip/more people claim. I hope it's useful because I spent a lot of time on this and don't want to have wasted that time.

I ruled out VTs because I don't think Pen would have put any in this game; he loves role madness. I also considered ruling out the Masons from Skyward Sword mafia because I feel like if there are any they'd be from Pirates 1, but decided not to because that isn't confirmed.

It's also helpful to know there is absolutely no chance of a cult leader being in the game, and even no chance of a Mafia Immobilizer, and further along as more roles flip more roles will be ruled out.

Anyway, here it is:
XjkTLki.png

More from me in a bit, just wanted to get this done real quick.

Jinjo- First off, havent found anything related to the OMGUS nonsense but I could swear I'd seen her do something like that somewhere before. Anyway even after skimming through all those games I couldn't really tell you if I'm not being biased with the scum read. Yes the tone drives me nuts and seems to be more like scum Jinjo and yes the pushes are extraordinarily weird and the accusations of lying about not remembering are so bonkers but like. It might just be because all of that was directed at me, and I know its complete bull and that it seems like the biggest sidestep backhand that I've ever seen in my life. Jinjo has never acted this aggressive about anything as far as I can tell and she's normally so logical and generally level headed that its just like I dont even know whats going on. Especially being she's getting upset because I dont find her scum play all that memorable. I just dont understand where shes coming from on literally anything. I want to think she's scum but I'm going to have to take a long hard look at her ISO again if I want to think about this logically

Which tone? On day 1 you said my tone sounds super off and couldn't tell if it was my avatar and I wasn't even aggressive when I made my catch up post and then later you say I am aggressive and said you've never seen me aggressive. On day 1 you have been asking me questions that added nothing to the game like for example asking if I could humor you on changing my avatar and asking me why did I put an exclamation mark on my post. Your read on me looks like because you've never seen Jinjo act like this so she must be scum. You haven't played enough games with me to know how really aggressive I get when I'm town and I didn't even think I was being that aggressive in this game.

This makes sense in theory, but in practice if i wanted the topic closed i wouldn't be talking about it. Your insinuation that i intentionally ignored funnier's vote on me because we are both scum was probably weird enough that even if i didn't respond to it nobody would have questioned it, and so if i wanted the topic dropped I would have done it that way.

Do you have any impressions on players other than me and funnier this game?

You and funnier are the only players I have been scum reading and I have been focusing on that too much. It was my post I made on #575 that made me think you and funnier were a scum team. Earlier this is what the vote count looked like at the time.

funner6 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Killjoy)
The Sun Fan - 2 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Rubik - 1 (Giri)
Ragnarokio - 1 (funnier6)
Jinjo - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Poyzin - 2 (Kirino, Mellow Ezlo)
ExLight - 3 (MixMasterLar, naga10, The Sun Fan)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)

and then later it went to this

funner6 - 2 (Morbid Minish, Killjoy)
The Sun Fan - 3 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MixMasterLar)
Rubik - 1 (Giri)
Jinjo - 2 (Ragnarokio, funnier6)
Poyzin - 1 (Mellow Ezlo)
ExLight - 2 (naga10, The Sun Fan)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)

I got worried scum were going to coordinate votes and vote the same player and it made me think scum started to vote me thinking one of them already had 2 votes. Sun Fan claimed later and then more votes piled up on him.

When you were posting on day 1 were you paying attention to the vote count or were you ignoring the vote count? Do you often check the vote count? Do you check player interactions?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Hey Rubik? Just wondering but like, is there any particular reason why you know that you were role blocked? Like, it’s not results cause results don’t mechanically clear yourself, but there isn’t anything else I can see that would let you know that you were blocked
I thought I saw my expected result from skimming the thread then double checked after posting and realized I didn't.

Getting roleblocked makes me even more suspicious of Lar.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Jinjo- First off, havent found anything related to the OMGUS nonsense but I could swear I'd seen her do something like that somewhere before. Anyway even after skimming through all those games I couldn't really tell you if I'm not being biased with the scum read. Yes the tone drives me nuts and seems to be more like scum Jinjo and yes the pushes are extraordinarily weird and the accusations of lying about not remembering are so bonkers but like. It might just be because all of that was directed at me, and I know its complete bull and that it seems like the biggest sidestep backhand that I've ever seen in my life. Jinjo has never acted this aggressive about anything as far as I can tell and she's normally so logical and generally level headed that its just like I dont even know whats going on. Especially being she's getting upset because I dont find her scum play all that memorable. I just dont understand where shes coming from on literally anything. I want to think she's scum but I'm going to have to take a long hard look at her ISO again if I want to think about this logically.

I dunno I'm just not seeing it. Granted I haven't seen Jinjo as scum, but for some reason her tone is kinda reminding me of when she and I were one sided lovers in Portal. Also she is so fixated on you and Rag. She feels like she's doing her own thing. I don't even feel like she's trying to convince others so much as push the two of you. Which I feel is more town motivated than scum.

DawningWinds/Pan- remains to be seen, but probably town

Why probably town?

I'm a little wary of that but tbh I cant remember why I had you as a town read in the first place other than the fact that the amount of effort you put in is enormous and its just easier that way, will check and get back to you

Oh yeah I just remembered sms thinks youre clear so thats cool

I think there should be more reason to see Lar as town. He could certainly just be playing a really great scum game, but he's felt like he's trying to help town out and get them in gear. I feel like he would be letting town self destruct a little more as scum but he seems like he actually cares.

To me its because neither of the kills make sense coming from mafia. My impression of ex was that he was getting a lot of flak and would probably have been a high priority for today's lynch had he survived. I felt like there were probably a lot of players scumreading him. This both makes him a bad kill for mafia and a more likely target for vig. Admittedly though, a lot of players seem to have had a different impression of ex. I don't see why mafia would ever kill giri.

I don't see where your impression of Ex comes from. There were maybe a couple of people scum reading him but for the most part people were town reading him. Even with my arguing with him at eod I still thought he was town. Anyone could see that was just pettiness and not scum motivated. It's mind boggling that so many people are actually considering that Giri successfully protected the scum kill and that vig killed Ex.

I'll consistently update the spreadsheet as more roles flip/more people claim. I hope it's useful because I spent a lot of time on this and don't want to have wasted that time.

This is useful, thanks! I would have done something like this if I weren't on mobile. Lol.

I just like, supress Korra in general.

I'm an Last Airbender Elitist
Korra was a mess and should be wiped from existing.
I'm always thinking yes finally Silv rolled scum and it just never happens and then I feel bad.
Wait, you actually feel bad about it? Pls no. Then I would have to feel bad about giving you headache everytime I end up in your vicinity.

Onto actual thoughts about the last four pages:
I like Tristan. Maybe I just like his chart of colours. But this is a good thing.
I'm getting bad vibes off of squid man. He feels too sheepy, like he's focusing on the easy things, and I can't quite place it, but a lot of things feel like I've read them before. Or maybe I thunk them before and didn't write them down and now everything is blended and ahhhhh.
Wait, is this why having long readlists is important? Do I sound like that when I do the short things? I know nothing about this guy, someone please let me know if this is normal or if I should be expecting minish/funnier length things from him, and please yell at me if I do the same thing.

Wait why. I like musclehead man. Did I miss a thing where he claimed roleblocking powers?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I thought I saw my expected result from skimming the thread then double checked after posting and realized I didn't.

So you think Lar roleblocked you? Or told a scumbud to do so?

He wasn't the only one to find you suspicious. I'm guessing this is role related and I won't ask you to claim or anything, but if it's possible to say why Lar in particular is more suspicious because of your roleblock without claiming then I'd be curious to hear it.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
So you think Lar roleblocked you? Or told a scumbud to do so?

He wasn't the only one to find you suspicious. I'm guessing this is role related and I won't ask you to claim or anything, but if it's possible to say why Lar in particular is more suspicious because of your roleblock without claiming then I'd be curious to hear it.
Largely because he seemed concerned with the possibility that I'd vig him yesterday.

I supposed someone could have just thought I was scum other than him, but I think my alignment has been pretty obvious this game. :V

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 2 (Ragnarokio, Kirino)
DekuNut - 1 (Mellow Ezlo)
Ragnarokio - 3 (Morbid Minish, Jinjo, Funnygurl555)
Rubik - 2 (MixMasterLar, Johnny Sooshi)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)
Poyzin - 1 (CynicalSquid)

Not voting - Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, DekuNut, Poyzin, Silverfish

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, June 17th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

Okay gotta nonchalantly leave the thread after not contributing anything of importance tonight

ok so this is small and admittedly kinda dumb but poyzin's "whatever" attitude seems townie to me. like he's aware that he ain't doing **** and yet he doesn't care, you know? but this ain't like a real read i just liked this even though i wish i read moer from them

In my experience it's a play pattern that tends to occur for players who are strong at playing scum, because they're more aware of the kinds of things that people might use to subconsciously clear them. It's kind of WIFOM-ish, but I've generally had good results with it.

The kinds of things you catch rookie scum and good scum doing non-mechanically that can give them away are fundamentally different beasts.

I don't expect to be able to get you lynched, because it's not really something I can realistically convince other players to buy into, I just want this opinion to be voiced because it's my strongest red read so far and I'll feel pretty good about myself if you flip red and I called it this early in the game.

i find it interesting that rubik's scum reading lar. and also, an easy thing to do. so whatever

WHAT THINGS
WHAT THINGS AM I DOING
STOP BEING VAGUE AND PRETENDING YOU HAVE A POINT

ahhh yes, there he is

I haven't played with Sun or Lar until now, so it's difficult for me to read them, especially when Lar's suspicion of Sun is based on meta. Not necessarily AI, but I do like the way Lar is playing, especially with him calling out anti-town behavior from funnier and Poy. As for Rubik's suspicions, I'm not really sure what he's talking about but he's basically admitted that it's just a vibe rather than anything concrete.

I agree that Rubik hasn't been contributing as much as he could be (admittedly, neither have I), but that doesn't really make me scum read him, since this behavior seems similar to that displayed by him in a couple of previous town games.

Looking back, I like Johnny's interaction with Rubik, as the way he withdrew after Rubik explained himself makes sense and seems genuine.

@DekuNut and @DawningWinds have yet to contribute at all, so I'd like to hear from them.

This is the same kind of post he made last game. It could be that he's intentionally changing up his behavior after being called out on it meta-wise, but that might be looking into it too much. I honestly wouldn't mind lynching him in the absence of a better target, as it likely wouldn't be a great loss either way.

this is a whole lotta nothing. also the part about poy is hella posturing. naaaah

this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?

ok back into my tunnel but what town cares about 3ps though, especially d1? y ' a l l

ok ok i know my posts won't be THIS short going forward but there's a few things i just wanna say

This is the part of the post I was talking about. It felt off to me. The way he talked about not minding lynching Poy in the absence of a better target because it wouldn't be a great loss didn't give me town Kirino vibes. Sounds like a kinda planting seeds for a Poy lynch and then brushing off responsibility.

what a mind meld

I originally read Rag as low effort, not much contribution, flip-floppy, and wanted to scum read her.

However, thinking about it, this is not the same kind of posting style she maintained in either of the two preceding games (Fate/ZD and Backwards) in which she was scum. I can't say I'm super familiar with Rag's play as a whole, but comparing her play in this game to her play in the two most recent games, I do see a difference.

The somewhat flip-floppiness and short posts do still look scummy to me though at face value. I also have mixed feelings about her asking people what we think Sun's role could be (every possible role that could appear in the game is listed in the OP, so it's pretty easy to look yourself). Like I said in the beginning, role claim are potentially extremely telling since fakeclaiming is risky in this setup, but I'm reading that particular post of hers as somewhat of a pretend contribution.

So, conclusion? I would put Rag at a mild scum lean. While her play is noticeably different from the last two games, her posts at face value are still scummy to me, and anybody who knows me well knows that's more important to me than how someone acts in a previous game. In particular, her post asking about Sun potentially having an anti-town role doesn't sit right with me. Like, I get it, the thought process behind it at least, but it reads like a fake contribution.

ok but yeah i want to talk about this post. what did we get from this? that you were scum reading rag but at the same time we should doubt our read on them? if rag is scum this is a b a d look for you. and i know, pre-flip associatives are bad, but yeah, keep this in mind. this post is full of fluff and could very well be coming from wolf partners who have an agenda.

cool ok back to reading

Kirino

Tatakae
oof this took me way longer than it should have.

Basically I copied Pen's list of every possible role (with help from Min's explanation of the Anime roles, bless you for that) and compiled them into a spreadsheet. This is just meant to be a visual guide as to which roles are still possible to appear in the game.

A black background indicates that role was in the game but died, while a white background indicates roles I've ruled out for one reason or another. The idea is to have a quick reference to turn to in case people try to fakeclaim, or to support people's role claims.

I ruled out VTs because I don't think Pen would have put any in this game; he loves role madness. I also considered ruling out the Masons from Skyward Sword mafia because I feel like if there are any they'd be from Pirates 1, but decided not to because that isn't confirmed.

It's also helpful to know there is absolutely no chance of a cult leader being in the game, and even no chance of a Mafia Immobilizer, and further along as more roles flip more roles will be ruled out.

Anyway, here it is:
XjkTLki.png

More from me in a bit, just wanted to get this done real quick.
This is making me feel pretty good about my town read on Tristan.

this is a whole lotta nothing. also the part about poy is hella posturing. naaaah
lol ok

Kirino

Tatakae
I was looking through my posts and noticed this comment on Rubik's suspicion of Lar:
I suppose he could be trying to set-up a basis for lynching Lar later, which I'll remember if it happens, but it seems just as likely he's being genuine given what I know of him.
Then Rubik posted this just now:
@MixMasterLar: I'm kind of curious to know what you think about this possibility, that Rubik's been seeding a scum read or lynch here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom