• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't know enough about SMS to judge the truth of this, but the sequence of events was that he voted, got pushback, then defended his vote as pressure (not that there was much to pressure her on lol, she'd already claimed, and he never stated what he was pressuring her for). Then he still got more pushback, then finally asked her if she was SK and when she said no, he removed his vote. I interpreted this as a potential way for him to justify backing off without looking like he was succumbing to pressure against him, despite nothing really changing. Basically, he wanted to seem as if he was holding his ground, while actually backing off to allay suspicion.

I actually like this post from Kirino because it's the same thought process I had regarding SMS (note these are my thoughts disregarding SMS's recent claim). He seemed to have came up with the pressure claim after getting flack for it, and easily backed off once he "got what he wanted".

what does this even mean

You suspected SMS a lot and threw shade on him without voting, and instead went with a less fleshed out vote in Johnny.

I actually pressured Echo for a reason though, but didn't persue until there were more votes on her so I could leverage the info I wanted, then unvoted like I said.

Eh, Echo was already scared about being killed as soon as she claimed. I feel you could've just asked her straight up and she would've answered.

I'm fine. I don't like the entire system of having ones thoughts laid out every day phase, it only exists to help Mafia pick off targets based on who may be a threat to each person.

That's kinda the purpose of mafia though. How is town ever supposed to get anything done if we don't know how anyone thinks? That's also an easy way for scum to get out of providing reads as well.

I didn't say not ever, I said that I wouldn't do it every day phase. Laying ones thoughts out on every single player every day.. just gives mafia an inside look? Oh, look, Zachie doesn't trust me and everyone is starting to believe him! Better do something!

So you only plan on playing half the game if you don't want to lay out your thoughts every day phase? What if you're town and are nk'd and then whelp sure would've been nice to know what Zachie was thinking.

If you don't explicitly scumread them for it, and yet are still harping on about a seeming derp, then it's just empty shade at that point. Town make mind-boggling posts at a considerably higher rate than scum.

Normally I would agree, but this is more taking into consideration Ex personally. It's very hard to get into his mindset as a player because he does a lot of things that don't make sense to most people. So it was more, the post wasn't inherently scummy, but maybe scum Ex could actually see reason for posting it (like the crazy tinfoily theory I gave a little later).

Zachie has a playstyle that runs me the wrong way, but he's still slightly null. He defends why he won't provide reads every second, which has okay reasoning. It's not overly scummy, but I'll be watching for more when he's worked his way through the thread.

Hmm, why was his reasoning okay? It looked not great at all to me. And you also said after this that you don't recall playing with Zachie, but he has a playstyle that rubs you the wrong way. He's only talked about why he won't give reads, which you just said looked okay, so what about his playstyle rubs you the wrong way?

Unvote
Vote: Doc

I think I hate that vote, if you're scumreading Johnny and SMS the most why would you vote Tristan if he's not one of them

I don't like this vote, probably because that post from Doc seemed super towny to me. I find scum Doc tries to leave his votes, whereas town Doc is a bit more bold and will switch easily.

Zachie is somebody who does not respond well to pressure if he's scum. Mostly I was thinking back to the first Anime mafia where he was pressured during day one for being inactive, came in and made a bunch of half-assed reads that got him NK'd by the SK. Granted I was his scumbud and the one who planted the seeds on his initial case in that game, but I wanted to see if he would have a similar reaction here.

While I'm not 100% happy with his posts, I'm not seeing the same level of panic in his posts. In Anime, his first few posts after being pressured seemed like "**** I gotta post something and fast" but I'm not really getting the same vibe here.

Anyway that's why I voted him. Because I know he responds worse to pressure when he's scum. He barely even acknowledged my vote this time aside from a shrugging emoji.

Unvote

I think I like Soneji based on his first few posts. His thoughts seem pretty fair and genuine to me. I also don't really agree with Ex's vote on Doc right now, it's not really a contradiction since Doc said in that same post that SMS and Johnny always seem scummy on day 1 and that he would be withholding his vote for now for that reason.

Part of me agrees with Doc on that point actually, but SMS is seeming the best to me right now. I haven't had time to reread and probably won't before the day ends, so this is based on what I can remember from this day.

Ugh, I both like and hate this post. The part after the unvote looks good. More mind melding with me. But the first half just feels...lackluster. If Zachie is scum he comes in and sees one vote from Tristan with no explanation and no one else talking about him. That's hardly anything to panic about, and easy to brush off. And Tristan didn't even discuss the actual content of Zachie's other posts. Just that he shrugged off his one vote.

Yeah, I'd say backup is a good role to keep around. Gives us a do-over of sorts.

Vote: Ex

This is purely for self-preservation.

Also this seems weird. It came so fast after the claim and funnier's vote on Ex. This seems like panicking. Lol.

yea it's bothering me a bit too
I certainly did nothing towny or scummy afaik and I've been kinda just lurking trying to see if something catches my attention which usually wouldn't be seen as towny so I have no idea why he's defending me or pairing me with him

Hmm.

@funnier6 do you think this post comes from scum Ex? On the one hand, I'd expect town Ex to be more panicky about the votes on him. On the other, I dunno if scum Ex points out that he hasn't done anything townie and questions someone buddying up to him.

I can maybe get behind an Ex lynch. Johnny and Tristan don't seem like bad options to me either.

funnier6

Courage~
So you only plan on playing half the game if you don't want to lay out your thoughts every day phase? What if you're town and are nk'd and then whelp sure would've been nice to know what Zachie was thinking.
squints suspicously

sips drink slowly

I don't like this vote, probably because that post from Doc seemed super towny to me. I find scum Doc tries to leave his votes, whereas town Doc is a bit more bold and will switch easily
Big agree
Ugh, I both like and hate this post. The part after the unvote looks good. More mind melding with me. But the first half just feels...lackluster. If Zachie is scum he comes in and sees one vote from Tristan with no explanation and no one else talking about him. That's hardly anything to panic about, and easy to brush off. And Tristan didn't even discuss the actual content of Zachie's other posts. Just that he shrugged off his one vote.
Thats kind of funny cause I had the exact reverse reaction

We should really talk about Tristan later cause youre makin meh scared
@funnier6 do you think this post comes from scum Ex? On the one hand, I'd expect town Ex to be more panicky about the votes on him. On the other, I dunno if scum Ex points out that he hasn't done anything townie and questions someone buddying up to him.
That post on its own I think is more town Ex because blatantly saying he hasn't been doing anything I think is something scum Ex would be reluctant to post XD

But he's also just in a funk in his posting so I'm not sure how much that's factoring in and what I should be thinking about it

Kind of definitely dont want to lynch him today though, I want to give him some more time

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
We should really talk about Tristan later cause youre makin meh scared
Kind of definitely dont want to lynch him today though, I want to give him some more

Vote: Johnny

Wanna join me? I'd also be fine with Poy because he just kinda dropped off the face of the game after getting some suspicion like he did last game. But I don't think I'd get the votes for that.

funnier6

Courage~
for being so unapologetic about showing up late and sticking to his unorthodox style.
Mm sounds familiar
You know I always like to know what you think my scum and town statements are. Any insight there or nah?
While we're on that topic
Zachie has a playstyle that runs me the wrong way, but he's still slightly null. He defends why he won't provide reads every second, which has okay reasoning. It's not overly scummy, but I'll be watching for more when he's worked his way through the thread.
This read is one of those things about you that drives me bonkers

Like "slightly null"?????? It's one of those things where Idek why you shared this because all it does is say in a lot of words that you have no read on while also throwing shade in case somebody else would like to jump on it

funnier6

Courage~

Wanna join me? I'd also be fine with Poy because he just kinda dropped off the face of the game after getting some suspicion like he did last game. But I don't think I'd get the votes for that.
I kind of dont actually

We had him pinned so hard in smash and then have misread him so many times since

Though actually yes I think I'd rather hear him claim

Except hes apparently getting drunk at a pool party:fpalm:

Unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom