• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
If you have dragon balls don't claim them and maybe pass them to someone you think is town?
I actually have an interesting thought. If the mafia took Contrainer's (Which is super likely) then if they don't claim them we have two missing. Point is if everyone claims and there are still seven, we have guaranteed mafia in that group of maybe four or five people. And if they dont claim them, the claimed are more likely to be telling the truth. Though yes the mafia getting them all is probably bad.
... :suspicious:
oh god I could've died
I am willing to bet a large amount of imaginary dollars that Darth and Lone would not allow you to shoot yourself.
I'm sure all others that affirmed having them had their balls scrambled, narrowing it to 7/8 players since 10 players voted Darth
Not 7/8. Some of them like Contrainer already had one.
iirc, Eevee admitted to having two Dragonballs, i
Contrainer iirc
Guys stop saying if you have balls or not
Deku, 2019
54 pages is a lot of pages of ****ING BULL**** THAT DOESNT MATTER
Would you rather us play hangman to fill the minutes? It's not like you have to read it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Number A: you were the one emphasizing the importance of learning your alignment over learning your role on D1.
Number B: you deliberately didn’t submit a guess regarding your alignment on D1, when learning whether or not you were Mafia was ridiculously easy and would have benefited you immensely N1.
Number C: you claimed that you were going to submit an alignment guess on D1, but were waiting for the results of the Votals, and the day got hammered before vitals showed up.
Number D: despite the above, which you were doing to potentially fish for a vote modifier role and not for your alignment, you still submitted a role guess.
Number E: I’ve been consistent since the game started. You, on the other hand, have flip flopped more times than a pair of beach shoes.

"Number A", rofl, I like your humor

A: I didn't emphasize anything, I was just trying to protect you to avoid baseless biased suspicious from being a thing since D1. As far as I can see if you guess your role correctly you usually figure out your alignment, so it's pretty much obvious that learning the role is the real priority for Town, which is my probable alignment.

B: Yes, I didn't. As I said, I was expecting to see something in the midvotals before doing it. What I wasn't expecting, however, was to wake up and see Darth lynched.
As I explained, I intended on self targeting from the very beginning, so literally as soon as the game started, I sent a Vigilante guess. I wasn't sure if whether guessing Town or Mafia would be more effective at the time, so I holstered my alignment guess a little. After that, during the same phase, some members kinda raised questions about the alignment guess having to be coherent with the role, which only made me even more uneasy; but at this point I had already had the idea for self-voting, so waiting a few more hours was already what I decided to do.

C: Yes, a little after that I had the idea of the self-voting: if we got lucky and found out some vote modifier it could pretty much make an alignment and/or a role guess useless, so I decided to wait a few more hours for it. To my surprise my suggestion was completely ignored by most of the players and we had a hammer. Not sure what was wrong with this logic.

D: An alignment guess during the day doesn't matter if you're not going to target anyone during the night, does it? The fact it is only once per cycle also doesn't make me too far behind. And, please elaborate if I'm wrong, but if anything that was the most pro-town decision since it doesn't put anyone at risk but me. And everyone is going to claim to be Town N1, so what's really so negative about being honest and telling I wasn't still sure at the time? How would that make me any less suspicious if I had lied and told I was confirmed Town?

E: Yessir. But, just like you're doing now, you can just ask me and I'll try to explain the logic behind my actions. Don't forget I'm somewhat kinda new to Mafia, so meta common sense isn't really something I'm too attached to. I'll lie to get information and to protect Town, that's how I decided I want to play my games, but if I get lynched without a chance of defending myself and exposing the truth what's the point?

funnier6

Courage~
Okay guys I have to tell you. I guessed my role correctly last night (to the surprise of nobody did you somehow miss that super weird post?)

Well I hadn’t gotten around to reading the fine print cause I was at work since the day started. And OHMIGOSH. It’s like really important that I not talk about it yet but if the relevant situation comes up there’s something that needs to be done. So uhhh I’ll tell you about it if it comes up. O-O

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also, literally all we have is his word that he self-targeted, and I’m still seeing massive gaps and inconsistencies in his posts and actions. The biggest one, still, is his complete lack of submitting an alignment guess on D1, while still submitting a role guess. I’ve explained that before, but if you don’t remember why I find that to be complete nonsense, I can explain it again.
I realize you explained it later on, but this still catches my eye as a little bit contradictory. If I'm going to be honest, I don't much agree with the idea of not guessing your alignment in the first place, though I can't call that scummy behaviour when you initially said that early in day 1. But I don't really like that you criticize Ex for the same thing, inconsistency aside.

For the record, I agree Ex has been inconsistent, but I also don't feel confident saying he's scum. Truth be told, I'm willing to believe him when he says he doesn't know his alignment yet. I got the impression from the one game I played with him at Bulba that he has a bit of a frantic playstyle, which while inherently anti-town, isn't a tell.

This game is moving unusually fast and I'm a busy fellow so apologies for my inactivity.

I do want to ask though, @funnier6 have you figured out your alignment yet? There's a reason why I ask but I don't want to get into it at this time. Also if you said it earlier I'm sorry for missing it, there were a lot of pages to read and I merely skimmed most of it because there are an abnormally high amount of useless posts in this game.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I seem to recall you posting some nutty reasoning and then saying "there I just cleared myself"
I said it proved I wasn't confirmed mafia at the time, which was true since I didn't receive my alignment guess result until the start of D2.
If you had asked the hosts about how the night kill worked in the DMs you'd receive the same-ish as their in-thread post. This is the kind of thing only someone who wasn't confirmed mafia would know, there's no way to fake it. Anyone that had the same doubt can confirm this

How exactly are you in the mafia's way? You mafia bro?
I literally tried to bait some mafias with the Night Kill thing. And the fact I might be spoiling their plan to obtain items might also bother them.
No, my alignment result last night confirmed I'm not mafia.

Not having a placeholder guess in the event of increasingly probable maj is pretty inexcusable
It isn't, and I explained why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom