• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Exlight also made it clear that they wanted to see a votecount to get a hint of potential vote altering roles
So with that in mind, having an actual reason to wait makes me believe they're telling the truth as far as not knowing alignment until now
Logic denied. There is no reason to wait for a vote count before guessing your alignment. Zip, zilch, nadda. Vote counts and alignments have nothing to do with each other.
Woha there, it's because you said you would go blindly that they'd prolly avoid you.

That would be a waste of a Night Action if you're not going to cooperate since it would cloud their results.
Imagine that they use a Role on you, I'd have to remind you that they don't know what their actions do, so they would have to rely on your reaction to find out what the role is capable of.

So, per example, if the Mafia Roleblocker had used their role on you without knowing their role, since you're going blindly and not going to guess your role, which, at least to me also implies that you're not going to try using them, they wouldn't find out if you were successfully roleblocked because you wouldn't have any indication of it, they would only know that their role went through.

While this is a great Town play to waste their non-killing Roles, I don't think they'd fall for that.
I said I was going to go blindly as far as my role went. I do not intend, and I have repeatedly said, that I will not deliberately play against my wincon.
Furthermore: the fact that mafia possibly doesn't know what their roles do makes N1 the perfect time to use them to potentially scout out allies, since, whatever the action may be, it turns into an alignment check if used on a fellow Mafioso, so no chances of accidentally blocking, silencing, or otherwise teamkilling or hurting their own people.
Thus, targeting me N1 is not a waste of a night action, because, at the very least, they should get some sort of result from it, and, at the very best, they gain an ally.

a) Because yall kept making a ruckus affirming I had a Dragonball, which is why contrainer prolly got killed, so they might be going after whoever they suspect they have one.
b) Because I'm getting in the way of both teams, so both kinda want to either get rid of me or to have me as an ally so I stop doing that to at least one of them.
c) Cuz there's the remote chance that I got roleblocked, that's why my self-targeted action failed. Which in this case would also prove that I'm town.
a) yeah, no. not buying it. That's probably why Contrainer was killed, but I doubt they'd have targeted you for it, especially considering that there were far better targets than you who said in thread that they had dragonballs.
b) getting in the way of both teams makes you more a candidate for lynching than night killing. Why waste your NK on somebody the town is probably going to lynch?
c) ...not strictly impossible, but Town roleblocker is a thing a lot more often than Town silencer is a thing, and we saw Town silencer this game. There are also a billion other explanation for why your role failed, so this is not a good argument at all.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Jesus christ this is the most absurd scene ever, but, yea, I guess it's a possibility.
:D
Too bad I already guessed Vigilante and Serial Killer before self-targeting and my Alignment guess proved I'm not mafia.
So yea, you can rule out this one.
You wouldn't find out the results until after the phase ends though right? So you couldn't have found out you weren't both before you self targeted?
... :suspicious:
oh god I could've died
facepalms

funnier6

Courage~
So can I just say, YES. And again, YES!!! Bullet=dodged.

On a completely unrelated totally not relevant note, does anyone familiar with dragon ball know umm what sort of powers they possess and how one goes about activating them? Other than the wish thing?

I’m in a bit of a conundrum. I guess I’ll just play the game normally, but like, kind of want to pursue this.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Thus, targeting me N1 is not a waste of a night action, because, at the very least, they should get some sort of result from it, and, at the very best, they gain an ally
The only result they get from using their role on you is if you're Town or Mafia. While using their role on anyone else indicates not only that but could also reveal to them what their roles do. So, yea, my logic stands.

were far better targets than you who said in thread that they had dragonballs.
I'm sure all others that affirmed having them had their balls scrambled, narrowing it to 7/8 players since 10 players voted Darth. Since I still don't have a ball I'm assuming all other do.
I'm going to say that we should throw them back to some players that were in the Darth wagon so it doesn't get too concentrated.

getting in the way of both teams makes you more a candidate for lynching than night killing. Why waste your NK on somebody the town is probably going to lynch?
Which is exactly why I'd've been targeted with a ROLE. I was not expecting a night kill. If I were acting towny cicle 1 I'd prolly be dead instead of them.

funnier6

Courage~

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
So can I just say, YES. And again, YES!!! Bullet=dodged.

On a completely unrelated totally not relevant note, does anyone familiar with dragon ball know umm what sort of powers they possess and how one goes about activating them? Other than the wish thing?

I’m in a bit of a conundrum. I guess I’ll just play the game normally, but like, kind of want to pursue this.
What bullet did you dodge?

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
The only result they get from using their role on you is if you're Town or Mafia. While using their role on anyone else indicates not only that but could also reveal to them what their roles do. So, yea, my logic stands.
Wrong. Roles like Silencer, Role Cop, Poisoner, etc. all would have had an effect on me, even if I wasn't using my role. The only role that wouldn't have provided any results would have been Roleblocker, as that would have provided a generic: "your role was successful." Even Watcher/Tracker would have given them a result, which would have said something like: "ME visited DarthWolf," or "ME was visited by three ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future," even if I wasn't using my role, which, at the very least, would have provided scum with information.

I'm sure all others that affirmed having them had their balls scrambled, narrowing it to 7/8 players since 10 players voted Darth. Since I still don't have a ball I'm assuming all other do.
I'm going to say that we should throw them back to some players that were in the Darth wagon so it doesn't get too concentrated.
iirc, Eevee admitted to having two Dragonballs, in-thread, after the Darth lynch. That makes him the number one target for any scum kill...so I guess he could have died due to scum as opposed to successfully protecting someone. Too bad we won't know until endgame.
Other people also flat out admitted to having Dragonballs in-thread after the Darth lynch.
Why go after someone who is denying that they have something potentially valueable and risk that they're telling the truth, when you have a few targets in the game who you know are in possession of those items?

Which is exactly why I'd've been targeted with a ROLE. I was not expecting a night kill. If I were acting towny cicle 1 I'd prolly be dead instead of them.
So...the same logic I used for why scum would target ME is the same logic you use to defend why scum would target you. Mafia wants to know whose side you're on, so they hit you with an action. That is exactly what I've been saying about myself from the beginning, and you've been saying that using roles like that is a waste.
:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure some usually are more common to certain alignments than others.
Waiting for a vote count would explain why you would have waited to guess your role, yes, but it still doesn't explain why you'd have waited to guess your alignment.
In fact, the fact that you didn't wait to guess your role until you saw the votals, when, presumably, you were directly using the votals to influence your guess about your role, while you still chose to wait to guess your alignment, makes absolutely zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom