• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Price of the New Zelda Wii

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Just throwin it out there but the new game will probably put a dent in your pocket book or should I say Giant's Wallet? ahah. Anyway there is the possibility that the game will come with a motion plus which would up the cost, and for those of us without a wii it's gunna be even worse. I plan on buying a wii specifically for this game. I really can't help it...

I think the game will rival the New Super Mario Bros Wii and be sold for just under or maybe even $100 flat. Then I gotta buy the system so like another $245 :( I'm starting to doubt that I will get the game. sure I could buy it but I can't play it without a dang wii.

Maybe If I wait a while till the game costs 59.99 which would come up to $70 basically, and hey by then a Wii might be cheaper. So are you willing to spend some cash when it comes out right away or are you gunna wait? How much do you think it'll cost? and the dreaded bundle, do you think they will force a motion plus on us when we buy the game?

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I plan on putting money aside as soon as we hear the release date! :D I don't think they'll force the MotionPlus on us. Take Red steel 2 for example, that came out recently, with its MotionPlus control REALLY hyped up and you can still buy it new without the bundle. (With the bundle its $60, the standard $50 without it. Actually a pretty good deal). I already have a Wii, though, so it won't dent me too bad. Maybe you could buy one used?

I don't think they'll force the MotionPlus on us. Take Red steel 2 for example, that came out recently, with its MotionPlus control REALLY hyped up and you can still buy it new without the bundle. (With the bundle its $60, the standard $50 without it. Actually a pretty good deal). I already have a Wii, though, so it won't dent me too bad. Maybe you could buy one used?
Yeah, same. I know its most likely $50, since that's what most gaming stores tend to sell 1st party Wii games at. Just an extra $10 if there's a bundle with the Wii Motion+. Which is a good deal since the Wii Motion+ is $20 on its own. If there is a bundle with the Wii Motion+, I will definitely get that. I can spare an extra $10.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, if it ends up coming out in November like GS says (hypothetically of course: I won't trust the date until a reliable source says so) I'll end up getting it for Christmas meaning no cash saving for me.

And if it doesn't, I'm still going to save up about sixty bucks for it anyways. That combined with the money I'll probably get from my grandparents means I'll probably be getting it at launch if it doesn't release in time for Christmas. And since I already have a Wii, I won't be taking a huge dent in the ol' Giant's Wallet.

just 1 thing, when metroid was delayed, retailers changed the date before nintendo officially announced it so they might be right about the november release

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Really! $50? that''s actually quite affordable.. since I don't have a Wii I never really bothered checking the prices of it's games until now. I'm starting to think that the game itself won't be that costly, in fact after looking up Monster Hunter Tri it seems that game is selling for $49.99 here at EB games, which is a good sign =) and I guess I could go for a used wii which looks to be $175.

The sad part is that have more than enough money to pay for those things ($545 at last count) but I was initially saving up for a bomb laptop, and if I do buy that laptop i'll be very very broke.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Most of Ninty's good or highly anticipated games cost around $50 it seems. $60 with the bundle, but they should also have non-bundles for those of us already with a Motion Plus. At any rate, $50 is what I've come to expect, and since I'm still gonna have the benefit of my parents' money until next fall, it won't put much a dent into my folks' wallet or any in mine.

As Hylian Pants said, it'll probably be sold without the bundle. Besides, that would only make sense considering some people would have it already. Since this is a flagship title for Nintendo, they'll almost definitely make the effort to release two separate packages. :)

Besides, if I recall we've had similar cases of Wii games needing a special device, like Mario Kart Wii, and they came with the necessarily peripheral without much (if any) additional cost. I believe Mario Kart only cost the usual $50, although I might be mistaken. Couldn't have been much higher though.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Sorry to hear about buying that laptop though, Raven. I hope you can work it out to get both. :(

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Current price is set at the normal $49.99 in our database. Since it's not street-dated, that means the price isn't set, either. It's possible that it could go up, but I think it'll stay at that price and probably come with a $59.99 bundle deal for those who wish to get that instead.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I personally hope that they'll delay the release date until the new Wii HD comes out, so I'm perfectly fine with 2012 or 13. I don't have a Wii and I'm not getting one just for that game. I've said it before but it'd just look crappy playing in 480p on a 118cm/46.5″ TV with 1080p native resolution and that's one of the reasons I'm not going to spend 149€ for the Wii + 50€ for the game. And I think that if they really want to implement complicated MotionPlus in the game then that'll comsume a lot of processing power. With a CPU of just 729 MHz (I bet there are faster mobile phones out now) that means they'd have to cut down on the graphics and gameplay side compared to TP and that's not what I want.
The fact that we know so little details about the game could be a hint that they actually will release it much later (compare it to the rest of the series - 7 months before scheduled release of a title we had a lot more information than we have now and older games were usually even faster to finish because the textures/polygons/overworld details etc. were much much simpler)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, I don't have WiiMotionPlus so I will have to buy that and the game will cost me quite a lot. In England most wii games are around £20-£50

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
In Canada, 1st party Nintendo titles seem to ring in at $59.99. They'll for sure have some kind of Wii Motion Plus bundle, probably for $69.99. I doubt they will force a Wii Motion Plus on every person who buys it. They'll have two flavours for those who have the dongle already and those who don't.

In the end, I have no problem paying whatever they want to charge for it as I love first party Nintendo titles. One thing of note, unless you're buying it second hand, 1st party Nintendo titles rarely, if ever, come down in price. Metroid Prime 3, despite being almost 3 years old now, can still be found for full pop. This is especially odd as you can buy the same game with 2 additional games in the Trilogy for the same price. And yet, Nintendo won't lower their sticker price.

Even Twilight Princess, although not null due to a compilation package, is still full price and it was a Wii launch title.

So, in the end, full price is fine by me, as it's pretty much unavoidable. But when it works out to roughly $1 per hour of enjoyment for one playthrough, then the value is well worth it.

Kazumi

chagy
Here's how things will (should at least) go down. For Canada and the States at least.

US
Regular - $49.99
Bundle (With Wii Motion Plus) - $59.99

Canada
Regular - $59.99
Bundle - $69.99

Yes. Even though the Canadian dollar is equal and some days better then the US dollar, we still get shafted. Cause ya know. We're Canada. Great.

In the end, I have no problem paying whatever they want to charge for it as I love first party Nintendo titles. One thing of note, unless you're buying it second hand, 1st party Nintendo titles rarely, if ever, come down in price. Metroid Prime 3, despite being almost 3 years old now, can still be found for full pop. This is especially odd as you can buy the same game with 2 additional games in the Trilogy for the same price. And yet, Nintendo won't lower their sticker price.
Actually, Nintendo does come up with a price, but its actually the store's decision on a price. I remember reading that when I was looking for the Wind Waker last year. It was on the Wind Waker site, too. Also, over here, Metroid Prime 3 has gone down $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom