• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I suppose that's possible. I still think it's weird that the flavour text actually means something over here.
I could maybe guess that Minish was maybe an inventor? Based on what little I know about Stein's Gate. Well, that and the role name.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Regarding my reasons for voting YIGA, keep in mind a large portion of Mezlo's reasoning came from my observations, so my vote that was initially RVS had more meat to it than one might think even though I was clearly wrong. And yes, I admittedly was conflicted at EOD yesterday.

Makes sense

funnier6

Courage~
After reading through the dead people's posts I couldn't find anything much to go off of, which is a little sad.

I think ME, Mez, and Funnier are leaning more town to me, because like I said earlier Funnier and ME trusted YIGA and funnier got flack for trying to "protect" him. With Mez, he was the one calling out Zachie the most and I feel like scum wouldn't try to sacrifice someone on their side day 1 to get players to trust them, but hey you never know he was the one that secured the YIGA lynch.

Speaking of the lynch, 2 people on the yiga lynch stood out to me. Mez had pretty solid reasons for his vote, but Mido who kept his RVS on him the entire day even though there's a post of him saying that his explanations for his actions make sense and Bok who just wanted to start a wagon. I feel like they are players to watch out for today.

I am aware that I may of "started" the wagon on YIGA but I honestly thought funnier was going to be lynched because it was 3 vs 2 very late in the day and then Bok and Mez quickly voted him and secured that lynch. I really wish he flipped scum, but funnier didn't seem as scummy to me and I felt that worst case scenario would let YIGA's town flip give us better town reads. This may seem like I'm desperately trying to defend myself before anyone calls me out, but I'm just trying to elaborate a bit on my decision. I totally would understand if people didn't trust me after YIGA flipped town.

The only thing weird about this post is that it doesn’t read self conscious at all up until you say your self conscious, otherwise it’s pretty good.

Also I believe that when they voted Yiga it was more because they wanted me to live more than they wanted him to die, I don’t think it was because they were hard scum reading him.

Can you make a reads list please? I find them helpful, especially really long well explained ones.
Ok, so, I've concluded that I have no idea what any of these role names mean. That's not gonna be helpful at all.

Holy **** though, 3 kills is a lot.

How is it unnecessary? It's important information to let the town know so the Cop doesn't wind up checking me and wasting a night action. Especially if said check winds up with me getting mislynched because of an incorrect result.

Maybe you could explain the meta reads then? For someone who hasn't played with them as much? You explained most of them, but this one especially:

Has literally zero justification. There is no reason to think that Minish disagreeing with you is AI in any way, and disagreeing with you in no way proves she's paying attention. I mean, I won't like a read based purely on meta, but, from the two games I've played with you, I've come to accept it's just what you do. So if you could at least explain it that'd be great.

I was under the impression that poisoners killed the night after they got poisoned. Probably just host preference though.
I don’t see where it wasn’t justified, I’ve known Minish to be aggressive towards me as town, it’s not something she does often. It proves she’s paying attention because if she was scum she’d know I was town and when I’m town I tend to be obvious town so yes it does prove she was paying attention.
Regarding my reasons for voting YIGA, keep in mind a large portion of Mezlo's reasoning came from my observations, so my vote that was initially RVS had more meat to it than one might think even though I was clearly wrong. And yes, I admittedly was conflicted at EOD yesterday.

They usually do, I think Pendio's just using flavor to describe the role instead of a more clear-cut way of going about it. This being said, I think I know what YIGA'S role was.

A large portion of Mez’s reasoning came from your observations?

Are you saying he softed?

Sorry, I’m not feeling very mafia inclined just now, I’ll reply to things that catch my eye but otherwise I’ll be going to sleep.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The only thing weird about this post is that it doesn’t read self conscious at all up until you say your self conscious, otherwise it’s pretty good.

Also I believe that when they voted Yiga it was more because they wanted me to live more than they wanted him to die, I don’t think it was because they were hard scum reading him.

Can you make a reads list please? I find them helpful, especially really long well explained ones.

Oh :oops:

And yea, the YIGA lynch was mostly just "We need a lynch and we feel like YIGA is a better option than funnier", but since he turned up town I didn't think it would hurt to analyse the players that voted him just incase scum decided to sly their way in on completing a easy town lynch.

I don't really have a reads list beside the fact that Mez, ME, and you leaning town for me for the reasons I've already stated. Mido is leaning a bit town for me too because of his recentresponses. Everyone else is neutral to me at the moment. (I actually honestly am not sure what a reads list is we didn't really do those back in 2014-2015 :confused:)

funnier6

Courage~
Oh :oops:

And yea, the YIGA lynch was mostly just "We need a lynch and we feel like YIGA is a better option than funnier", but since he turned up town I didn't think it would hurt to analyse the players that voted him just incase scum decided to sly their way in on completing a easy town lynch.

I don't really have a reads list beside the fact that Mez, ME, and you leaning town for me for the reasons I've already stated. Mido is leaning a bit town for me too because of his recentresponses. Everyone else is neutral to me at the moment. (I actually honestly am not sure what a reads list is we didn't really do those back in 2014-2015 :confused:)
It’s when you categorize the players and give thoughts on them like so:

Town:

Player- thoughts go here
Player-
Player-

Null:

Player
Player
Player

Mafia:

Player
Player
Player

It helps show where you stand and shares your thought process on why you’re reading people the way you are, they also happen to be something of a specialty of mine.

D

Deleted member 14134

Bok who just wanted to start a wagon
This wasn't my intention at all. My vote on Yiga was due to me not really getting a good chance to read through the thread until there were 3 hours left and seeing how it was pretty much going to come down to either funnier or Yiga I voted Yiga for two reasons. One was that funnier seemed a lot more towny than yiga does and two, with yiga playing how he does I can see him being a distraction and I didn't want people to be focusing on him for several days in a row. I feel like tunneling one person like that in the past has hurt the town (see korra book 3 mafia) so it was better to get him out of the way now. No, I was not confident Yiga was scum, in fact I had a slight town lean on him but with three hours left in the day it didn't really look like another wagon was going to form on anyone else so I put my vote where I thought it would help town the most out of the two already existing wagons. And even though Yiga did flip town I still think that was the right choice to make.

I won't be posting again until tomorrow, I'll probably re-read everything and be posting more from here on out and maybe, before you ask, I'll even put out a reads list.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
This wasn't my intention at all. My vote on Yiga was due to me not really getting a good chance to read through the thread until there were 3 hours left and seeing how it was pretty much going to come down to either funnier or Yiga I voted Yiga for two reasons. One was that funnier seemed a lot more towny than yiga does and two, with yiga playing how he does I can see him being a distraction and I didn't want people to be focusing on him for several days in a row. I feel like tunneling one person like that in the past has hurt the town (see korra book 3 mafia) so it was better to get him out of the way now. No, I was not confident Yiga was scum, in fact I had a slight town lean on him but with three hours left in the day it didn't really look like another wagon was going to form on anyone else so I put my vote where I thought it would help town the most out of the two already existing wagons. And even though Yiga did flip town I still think that was the right choice to make.

I won't be posting again until tomorrow, I'll probably re-read everything and be posting more from here on out and maybe, before you ask, I'll even put out a reads list.
Makes sense and I agree with you

Damn, I don’t think I have anything now :/

Maybe once more people post their thoughts on things I might be able to form more of an opinion on who might be scum and who might be town.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Noooooooo, you guys killed Saberrrrrrrr!

---

My interpretation of the three killers are:

Killer 1: Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler.
Killer 2: Yagami Light from Death Note.
Killer 3: Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki/Future Diary.

I thought it was a Vig/SK at first too, but looking back at the flavour, Zachie's is the only kill that doesn't indicate the presence of a killer, and it looks like he was actually poisoned.
That's what I initially thought at first, but then I noticed the emphasis on the heart attack. Light can use the Death Note to write down a victim's name and choose how they die, so he's more of a silent killer and doesn't need to make a bold entrance like the other two.

Kay, I don’t speak anime, can anyone decipher the night scene? If I had to make a guess this red headed chainsaw guy appears to be mafia.
Grell is an idiot in the anime, but he's a sadistic killer who goes by the Grim Reaper or Jack the Ripper. I can see him being Mafia partly because of his evil stupidity and mostly because of how obsessively villainous he tends to be. On the other hand, Yuno definitely gives me SK vibes with her mood swings.

Heck, I didn't notice before, but my role doesn't have the normal name either. It's not gonna be easy, or potentially even possible to tell what roles have flipped without the PMs there. Do the PMs not normally flip with them over here?
My guess is that there might be a role out there that can determine the role specifics of who died, like the Coroner or Flavor Cop.

They usually do, I think Pendio's just using flavor to describe the role instead of a more clear-cut way of going about it. This being said, I think I know what YIGA'S role was.
Do tell. If I had my guess, Saber would most likely be a Rolestopper/Redirector or Seraph Knight. Just going by her character.

CheffOfGames

CheffOfClaims
Sorry, I have been inactive the past day, I was gaming and did not pay attention to the forum at all. I will try to get back on track here in the coming day.

funnier6

Courage~
Noooooooo, you guys killed Saberrrrrrrr!

---

My interpretation of the three killers are:

Killer 1: Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler.
Killer 2: Yagami Light from Death Note.
Killer 3: Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki/Future Diary.

That's what I initially thought at first, but then I noticed the emphasis on the heart attack. Light can use the Death Note to write down a victim's name and choose how they die, so he's more of a silent killer and doesn't need to make a bold entrance like the other two.

Grell is an idiot in the anime, but he's a sadistic killer who goes by the Grim Reaper or Jack the Ripper. I can see him being Mafia partly because of his evil stupidity and mostly because of how obsessively villainous he tends to be. On the other hand, Yuno definitely gives me SK vibes with her mood swings.

My guess is that there might be a role out there that can determine the role specifics of who died, like the Coroner or Flavor Cop.

Do tell. If I had my guess, Saber would most likely be a Rolestopper/Redirector or Seraph Knight. Just going by her character.
Good thing you speak anime, that sounds pretty believable.

Why didn’t you vote yesterday?

Ronin

Good thing you speak anime, that sounds pretty believable.

Why didn’t you vote yesterday?
Because I started feeling better about you as the Day went on and didn't make it back home in time to do anything about Yiga's mislynch.

funnier6

Courage~
@karu @DarthWolf @TattooArtist @walrusdawson haven’t heard from any of you in a while.

As I was rereading I realized too many of my reads are for not very good reasons and I actually only have reason to believe a few people are town.

Town:
Kylo- His entire day one screams town, I really doubt he would play that way as scum.

LG- I’ve played a few bulba games now and miller softing day one is normally a town thing and in a game as big as this one I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a miller. His play hasn’t been super towny but his play never strikes me as super towny anyway.

Bok- I hold by that first tone read, he really got his standard bok posts going recently but judging him just by that is scary considering how good he is. I’m not 100% sure yet but looks good so far.

These are my only super confident reads, I feel really good about those three.

Town lean:

Ayano- it’s difficult without meta but so far he’s given quite a lot of original thoughts and gives me the impression he really is trying to do what’s best for town.

Nekolily- she seems herself, I wish she would give up the no lynch day one philosophy though. You said if you had to vote it would have been on me, but you didn’t vote after we tied or after Mez voted Yiga. Do you still want me dead?

Null:

Mez: I never ever know how to read it when you hard scum read someone who’s actually scum on day one, especially when they don’t get lynched. Saving me was nice though.

Mido- I reread Midos posts and he has quite a good bit of content, the thing is it’s almost all about Yiga. From what I know of his scum play style he looks good but I haven’t seen enough.

Karu- post more please

ME- Most of your posts are basically commentary, you find this a little suspicious, you find that a bit towny and commit on very few things, yet you have played with quite a few of us before. I’d like to know why you didn’t vote me or Yiga.

Libk- I think you said you were going to post soon but you haven’t yet.

Cheff- said he was going to post more

Walrus- please more post

Tattoo- I’m not really sure what to think about her voting bok five pages after I asked her to, can’t really read into it without getting wifom. I don’t like that she never took her vote bok, why didn’t you change it to Yiga or me?

Darth- more post please

Scum lean:

Emiya: So you talked about Yiga, was suspicious, then I was suspicious for defending Yiga, did you vote for either of us? No, you just shaded us the whole day. And now that zachie has flipped scum after doing scummy things I didn’t think he would do I’m not about to let you off for doing the same. I notice you now say I wasn’t suspicious after all which is sort of icing on the cake.

Vote: All Might

It’s amazing what not having a headache can do. :D

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
All Might - 1 (funnier6)

Not voting - All Might, karu, NekoLily, Libk, TattooArtist, CheffOfGames, walrusdawson, Spider-Bok, Lone_Garurumon, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Kylo Ken, Maniacal Engineer, DarthWolf, Ayano Keiko

With 16 players alive it takes 9 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, November 13th 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...59&p0=293&msg=End+of+day+2&font=cursive&csz=1

Ronin

Emiya: So you talked about Yiga, was suspicious, then I was suspicious for defending Yiga, did you vote for either of us? No, you just shaded us the whole day. And now that zachie has flipped scum after doing scummy things I didn’t think he would do I’m not about to let you off for doing the same. I notice you now say I wasn’t suspicious after all which is sort of icing on the cake.
So I'm suspicious...for changing my mind? When do I ever vote on Day 1? In Jamie's game I found you suspicious and yet didn't even vote you near the end. That's a complete nonissue.

What Zachie did is irrelevant to your allegations. His actions were suspicious, as Mezlo brought them into the limelight but they never caught on. Why you're even bringing him up is beyond me, save for the same shading that you accused me of.

Also, why did you ask Tats to vote for Bok?

It’s amazing what not having a headache can do. :D
Apparently it didn't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom