• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Storm - 1 (Storm)
Mellow Ezlo - 3 (kokirion, A Link In Time, Eduarda)
Miss Cucco - 1 (DekuNut)

Not voting - Libk, Minish_Link, Domozilla777, Miss Cucco, funnier6, EMIYA Shirou, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, July 24th 2017 at 11:00 PM CEST.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Thar, but why would the Mafia roleclaim a roleblocker out of all possible roles to roleclaim. It's almost guaranteed there's a Town Roleblocker in this game. Claiming roleblocker when you yourself are not the Town Roleblocker is a tremendous risk because most likely someone will counter claim, and you'd not be able to pull yourself out of the mess. Sure Storm is erratic, but if he was Mafia, his buddies would tell him not to roleclaim Roleblocker.
No, I just don't ever remember Roleblockers being a common role. Cops, Doctors, and Vigilantes were always the big three power roles, that's why I said that RB was a safe claim. More often than not, a Roleblocker might be Third Party or Mafia. And even if he is Town, like I said, it's dangerous for a power role to reveal themselves with next to no reason, especially this early. Storm wasn't pressured by anyone to claim, and nor was he that suspicious beforehand (most people admitted that he was just being himself).

Also, for the record, I wasn't trying to substitute Storm out for Mezlo. I put a lot of emphasis on Storm's behavior, but it wasn't meant to detract from Mellow's pushiness. I neglected to mention it before, but I also find his softclaim as a vengeful role to be a ruse and sudden swift agreement with you also caught my eye. Seems like he's playing it close to the chest.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
No, I just don't ever remember Roleblockers being a common role. Cops, Doctors, and Vigilantes were always the big three power roles, that's why I said that RB was a safe claim.
Went back through all of Pendio's hosted games and got the final revealed roles

Sherlock Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker

Skyward Sword Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 2
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 1
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

And even if he is Town, like I said, it's dangerous for a power role to reveal themselves with next to no reason, especially this early. Storm wasn't pressured by anyone to claim, and nor was he that suspicious beforehand (most people admitted that he was just being himself).
I know, but what can I say. It's Storm.

Also, for the record, I wasn't trying to substitute Storm out for Mezlo. I put a lot of emphasis on Storm's behavior, but it wasn't meant to detract from Mellow's pushiness. I neglected to mention it before, but I also find his softclaim as a vengeful role to be a ruse and sudden swift agreement with you also caught my eye. Seems like he's playing it close to the chest.
Fair enough. Would you be willing to vote for Mex though?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section

Sherlock Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker

Skyward Sword Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 2
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 1
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

I know, but what can I say. It's Storm.

Id like to add i had a 1 shot roleblock as a survivor in Sherlock

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

Sherlock Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker

Skyward Sword Mafia
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 2
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker

Pirates Mafia 1
- 1 Town Roleblocker
- 1 Mafia Roleblocker
Well, I guess it is common for Pendio's games. But I was on a Mafia hiatus during half of those games and the others took place years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. Sorry if that doesn't account for everything else, but--

HEY LOOK JOSH AND I WERE LOVERS IN PIRATES 1 IRONIC RIP

Yeah. I voted for him before, didn't I? (RVS, but still would again if it came down to it)

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Unvote

Storm: I really have no idea what to think of him. His behavior seems really self destructive and I'm not really sure what to make of it. You guys say he's normally like this though. As for his roleclaim, if he really is like this always I can see him taking the chance of there being no town roleblocker if he is scum. Based on his sporadic style I wouldn't write it off as a risk he isn't willing to take. Not saying it's a scumtell but I think we have to view what he says with some skepticism either way.

Eduarda: Seems to be encouraging discussion and throwing in her(?) own reads as well. Right now I think she looks alright

Funnier: Like last game he seems to be active but alot of his posts seem to be quite brief. I was rubbed the wrong way by him last game since he seemed to be encouraging discussion but wasn't adding as much input as I would of wanted him to. This game I have a slightly better feeling of him right now but I'd still like to see him post more of his own reads and opinions.

Mellow: His roleclaim does leave us in a precarious position cuz if it's true and he's town we could lose two townies today. Granted there were three votes on him at the time and he very well could be scum fake claiming to try to save himself for another day or so.

Dekunuts: Posted a fair amount but alot of the non joke posts have been about storm. I'd like to hear his thoughts on Storm and Tristans roleclaims right now. Not too sure how I feel about him right now.

Cucco: Hard to say since shes new. Though I don't like the post above this one saying she's going to sit out. Being new isn't really an excuse for not participating, I'd rather see you learn by playing the game.

Bok: I feel like I'm flying under the radar right now and no one seems to have anything to say to me or about me. Been busy the last few days so I'm trying to catch up but it's hard to collect all my thoughts when I come back to 10 pages of discussion lol.

Minish: Seems to be doing what she normally does. Not the most active but typically her posts seem to have substance to them. Seems to be her usual town play, though I don't think I've ever played a game where she's scum.

ALIT: Not too sure how I feel about him. I already pointed out the problem I had with his analysis post how he didn't really give his opinion on the matter. Also he left out some players in his list and immediately voted for storm after even though there were other people who had also avoided the issue. He did leave funnier off the list, even though he gave his opinion so maybe he just made a mistake and missed some people by accident. And he did take his vote off storm pretty quickly anyways. I'd like to hear more from him.

Emiya: Hasn't posted much but I don't see anything wrong with him.

Kokirion: I think if Mez flipped scum I would feel pretty safe saying Kokirion is town. I feel like analysis on Mez's IGMEOY was abit of a stretch since I've seen mez do that before.

Domo: Played scum last game and made mistakes which led him to get lynched. I feel like if he is scum he could be lying low with all the activity to try to avoid making similar mistakes again. I know there's been alot happening but I'd really like to see something from you before the day ends.

Libk: Very quiet. Said he was busy which I understand and the activity doesn't help trying to get a solid post in. I'd really like to see at least something from him as well before the day ends.

Sorry if my thoughts seem incomplete, there's been alot of reading to do and it's hard to keep track of 12 people when I've been left behind in the discussion.
I know I've been inactive but that doesn't mean I'm scum. I'm in the same boat as you pertaining to the last paragraph of your post. Also, my schedule has been packed recently so I've been trying to post when I can.

@Libk @Minish_Link @Domozilla777 @Miss Cucco @funnier6 @EMIYA Shirou @Mellow Ezlo @Bok of the Wild
We have a little over 21 hours left. I think you should decide who to vote for soon.
I'd prefer to just watch and see how other people vote and then make a descision

funnier6

Courage~
Oh hey everyone, sorry I'm late I was in Dr. Conner's class. (Didn't see you there bok) I was watching spider man 2. :P

Okay, so bok crashes in with a super towny huge post, he always seems to have it together but idk maybe he can fake that but I doubt it.

Another thing, I've been following along and everything and I just don't understand why we've got all these votes on Mezlo, I mean, if you were mafia would you really claim vengeful townie? Maybe if you're storm but I don't believe Mezlo is reckless enough to do something like that.

I don't know who I'll be voting yet.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I've had visitors over this weekend, and that tends to keep me from reading. I'll come up with a good post tonight. And also... how is this like my scum play? Don't forget that most of the games you've seen me in I've been scum. I was top poster in Slothia and second in Ordinal Scale, while also being middling in both Anime Girls and Space Balls.

I could be wrong, and if I am I apologize, but from what I remember whenever you're scum, you may post quite a bit but don't do a lot of serious discussion. I don't mean you being under the radar means you're not posting, especially because I don't pay attention to exact amounts of posts. I just mean that usually when you're town, it seems like you add your opinion on stuff more often without people asking for it. I'm not too suspicious of you at the moment, because I did realize that you may be busy, but I took notice that it felt a little different than your town play.

Do you think we should turn our attention away from Mex, and maybe lynch Thar or ALIT instead as a safer alternative?

Oh my gosh who hosted Anime Girls Mafia
[/QUOTE]

I'm personally not going to vote for Mezlo, for the reasons I pointed out. I know he has a lot of suspicion on him, and I don't discount that others have valid concerns, but I'm just not seeing scum there at the moment. Him claiming like that feels like it would be way out of line with his scum play, especially if he thought he was going to have to have a replacement at that moment. He wouldn't fake claim and then put it on his replacement to face the potential criticism of that if he were mafia. While I do think EMIYA or ALIT would be safer alternatives, I do also believe that my reasoning for suspecting either of them is rather weak. I'm just finding it hard to choose someone that I would be okay with lynching right now. I'm typically against random lynches first day, but it's a rather unpopular opinion around here so that's not really an option.

Also, Jamie hosted Anime Girls Mafia. It was lots of fun!

Eduarda

I usually wouldn't suggest this, but since it's a small game, what do you guys think about the possibility of a No Lynch for today. Tomorrow we'll have a nightkill or maybe even two, to work with. Or would you rather we use today's kill to collect information and hopefully pin a scum.

D

Deleted member 14134

I usually wouldn't suggest this, but since it's a small game, what do you guys think about the possibility of a No Lynch for today. Tomorrow we'll have a nightkill or maybe even two, to work with. Or would you rather we use today's kill to collect information and hopefully pin a scum.
I think there's been more than enough discussion today to be able to lynch someone. What do you think?

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
Cucco: Hard to say since shes new. Though I don't like the post above this one saying she's going to sit out. Being new isn't really an excuse for not participating, I'd rather see you learn by playing the game.

Why stay out? Why not learn? What do you need explained to you? This type of discussion will happen all game, so if you skip out on anything technical like this, you may as well skip out on the whole game.

No no, just tell me if you have any questions :^^: I'd much rather prefer your opinions, even if it's confused or unsure, than your silence.

Okay, It's more on the terms of, I'm not sure what to say, don't want to say the wrong thing. When things got really heated, it seems like the wrong time to say the things I wanted. But I guess this is the perfect time, isn't it? (^ ^)

I really don't like how Eduarda is pushing to lynch, no one has really done that much other than Storm's role claim and self destructive behavior. Other than that, it's really hard to say who to select, so why lynch? We don't really have enough to go on with anyone right now, and voting for @Mellow Ezlo really seems like a bandwagon vote to speed things along, hoping others would join.

Deku defending Storm seems suspicious as well, bringing up past games and saying that's how he normally plays is quite odd when you think about it. With Storm's destructive behavior and with what I said earlier, he could be Mafia and just use that Self Destruction act for sympathy, so that the players would look over him and think he's a townie. However since that did not work and that lead to more suspicion and questions, Deku steps in and defends him, with the claims of that's his strategy;

Let's ignore Storm for now. His lynch doesnt teach us Anything, and if the past is much to go off, hell be lynched eventuslly. But if we start focusing on Storm, well get distracted and sidetracked.

With these claims, it's possible that these two could be Mafia. I'll keep tabs on them. But for now, I am still against the lynch. No one had really done anything too reckless besides Storm. That's just my two cents.

Vote: No Vote

Eduarda

I think there's been more than enough discussion today to be able to lynch someone. What do you think?
I'm not sure. Everyone seems to think that our targets are only our targets for small reasons. Little slips and nothing much more. Which is true.

But I do want to discuss this. If we as a town decide to go for Mex, should we let Mex full claim his role? See if it's Vengeful, and if he can pick someone to kill after he dies. In that case, if he wasn't fake claiming and he actually is a townie, I want as many people as possible on his wagon in case he is saying the truth, so he has a better selection to choose from who he thinks might be scum. I mean, if that's how Vengeful works, I'm not sure.

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
I don't know, we must have seven votes. I still believe the votes to be split among people in twos or threes. Not very helpful if you ask me. This is why I didn't want to lynch. There's not much compromise present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom