• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
oh. am I still voting for myself?
Unvote

after reading this thread again, I don't feel any townliness from Mellow, and that's not me being vindictive or vengeful myself.

Vote:Twistan

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
First, the weird pushing for Cucoo. She backed off it immediately, but like nobody except her saw the logic in that. She said both that it was a pressure vote and that she wanted to just lynch the least-experienced player, which is a super easy kill. Which seems really weird. Everybody else agrees, and I just don't like it. She did later explain that her saying pressure vote was to tell people that Eduarda didn't actually think she was scum at that point, but why would she just expect other people to join the wagon?
She then proceeded to call Cucoo a better player than she thought after having already explained her game in a post before Cucoo made hers, though that last part may have been her not thinking. I'd quote this, but we've all talked about it.
I have no way to prove that what I said was what I was actually thinking except for the end of the game where I can show the PMs I spammed Pendio with. So it's up to you to decide to take my word for it or not. And I didn't back off immediately. I was online for the first refusal. Online for the second and third and so on. But I decided not to post anything because I felt it was more useful to collect responses. I posted only the next morning to clear up what I was trying to do.

Here, she says that Thar calling Storm suspicious makes no sense, but then does the same with Tristan. What's the difference between them?
Because a Bomb or Vengeful isn't as staple as a role as Roleblocker. There was less of a risk involved with Mex's claim, and if someone did counter claim, Mex could have twisted his soft claim to say he was claiming another role.

And then... honestly, I just hate no lynches day one in any game and question anyone who suggests one.
I hate them too. I think I only suggested it once before. I voted and told others they should vote. But no one was comfortable voting. Everyone stalled. And there were less than 24 hours left. So I decided to collect people's opinions on what to do. Was the reason they weren't voting because they were unsure? Was the risk too much for them? It made me doubt the course of action. And there was another plan going through my mind so I decided to bring that up to see if that was a better way to go about things.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I get what you're saying, but I'll keep my vote on you for now. I still find your lynch to be better than Tristan's.
And because I forgot to do the thing right,
Unvote
Vote: Eduarda
Now, f
or the sake of us, with Pen probably asleep, I'm gonna do a quick VC to show where we stand

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Mellow Ezlo - 4 (kokirion, A Link In Time, Eduarda, Storm)
Eduarda - 1 (DekuNut)
No Vote - 1 (Miss Cucoo)

Not voting - Libk, Minish_Link, Domozilla777, funnier6, EMIYA Shirou, Mellow Ezlo, Bok of the Wild

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, July 24th 2017 at 11:00 PM CEST.

Tristan looks like he's more than likely to get lynched at this point, and looking at the time, it probably isn't going to change. But just so people know.
I'm not gonna worry about Cucoo suggesting no-lynch because this is only her second game, and the first time she'll have made it out of Day One alive. But just so y'know, most people (myself included) think no lynches are terrible.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
K guys, I haven't read everything yet, but I've skimmed it, and here are my basic thoughts.

First off, @Eduarda your plan to coordinate my lynch is heavily flawed in many ways, but my main concern is that you're intentionally putting the pressure of choosing somebody on me. Envision yourself in my position, you would not want that. And for all we know, all the people you listed could be town. It's just too risky of a plan for me to be on board with it.

Here's what I'm proposing; we lynch someone else today, someone who most agree is suspicious (perhaps one of the people on Eduarda's list), and if that person is town, then by all means go after me again tomorrow. But for day 1, the risk of lynching two townies in a game of this size, especially with the near guarantee that at least one townie will die during the night, is not worth it. Even if I wasn't speaking about myself, I would feel much more comfortable lynching someone else over someone who is Vengeful (there, I full claimed, though everybody knew what role I was softclaiming in the first place). At least during the first game day, the risk is too big. Losing two townies the first day is one thing, but three or more, depending on the number of night killing roles there are? That's outrageous in a game of this size (although, my role makes me doubt the existence of a Vig or SK, but it's possible; even still, my point doesn't change). Just some food for thought.

Sorry I can't say much more or answer questions that people may have asked me (like I said, I only skimmed so I probably missed a lot of stuff). With my internet issues, added to my crazy hectic work schedule, I can't say much more right now. Although I will go along with what Eduarda said earlier.

Vote: Extension

At this point, I'm leaning towards either Alit or EMIYA, though I also wouldn't disagree with an Eduarda lynch if that's where it heads (I kind of believe her to be town though, just because of how hard she's pushing for the lynch of a Vengeful townie; mafia wouldn't want to do that, though I'm not discounting the possibility).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Let me rephrase that first paragraph:

What you're doing, Eduarda, in trying to coordinate my lynch, is put all the pressure of choosing the day's lynch candidate on one person. I don't really see that as pro-town behaviour, even though I do have a slight town lean on you at the moment.

@Miss Cucco For the record, a lynch is always beneficial for the town. Eduarda's post wanting to lynch you for no good reason bothered me earlier, but pushing for a lynch of some kind is helpful in that it provides information. Obviously, the most helpful associations are gleaned from mafia lynches and seeing how they interacted with potential partners, but scum can also be found from unnatural or forced reactions to lynches of townies.

We're all so unsure of our decisions and a bit divided, that I think a no-lynch could be a good idea. However, I always seem to be in the minority with the no-lynch opinion so I'm not sure if many would go for it.

It would be nice to hear some other opinions though, since some people haven't really chimed in on the matter. @DekuNut @Libk @kokirion @A Link In Time What are your opinions on a no-lynch, and how do you feel about a Mezlo lynch? I know ALIT and kokirion already have votes on him. Considering what has been recently discussed, are you firm on your votes for him or are there any other people that stand out to you?

Hopefully @Mellow Ezlo is able to give his thoughts before day ends as well, though I understand if he isn't able to with his internet issues right now.

I'm completely opposed to a no lynch. If someone has better candidates, I'd like to hear them, but I only see me and EMIYA being tossed around for rather weak reasons. I was suspicious of Storm before, but I find his roleblocker claim to be believable. I'll take a look back at the no voters in a bit and see if anyone there has done anything to warrant a potential vote.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Also, I do not support an extension. There has been more than enough time for people to make a decision this day phase. It's incredibly annoying that so many people are still no voting and not wanting to commit to a decision.
I'm going for it mostly for my own sake, since I get my internet back on Tuesday and I'll be able to then do a full read through of this thread and place a proper vote by the end of the day. I don't want to place a vote if I haven't even read the whole thread, and reading this thread uses too much of my mobile data so I can't right now. I only saw this post because I signed in for a quick sec to check up.

The case on Eduarda is a believable one. After seeing her dismantle our scum team in Super Smash Bros. 2, I find it hard to accept that Eduarda would want to opt for such an easy Day 1 lynch.

What bothers me about her most recent posts is how she insists she will stay on the Mezlo wagon. This is opening a can of WIFOM, but It's possible to make such a bet as scum to make Mezlo doubt she would do that as mafia. If she is a mafioso, it seems to be working as Mezlo has a town read on her.

Unvote

I want to quickly glance over the non-voters before making a decision.

Non-voters part 1:

Libk - very little thread presence. First to point out Eduarda's post about wanting to lynch Miss Cucco but not much else.
Minish_Link - proposes no lynch because there is so little consensus in the thread. Light suspicions on me and EMIYA but hesitsnt to follow through.
Domozilla777 - suspicious of Storm earlier and then Dekunut for supposedly covering for Storm. Dropped an IGMEOY but no vote.

Non-voters part 2:

funnier6 - Had an RVS vote on Storm but seems to want people to explain their meta to him before committing a serious vote.
EMIYA Shirou - RVS vote on Mezlo, voted Storm more seriously but backed off post-claim. Has been asking some questions in thread but hasn't taken a firm stance since.
Mellow Ezlo - Biggest proponent of an extension for reasons related to his Internet. Seems okay with lynching me or EMIYA but doesn't want to lynch preemptively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom