• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Misspellings and mispronunciations that annoy you

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Lose/loose.

The word 'loose' has two O's. You know what that does? It softens the s sound. Simples. So when you hear the word loose you should be able to spell the word loose. You should not think ok I'm going to write 'the screw had come lose' and be happy with your life. No. Because I'd almost rather spelt the actual word 'lose' with a z because at least that is phonetic.

Grrrrr.

You need to losen up a bit or you'll loose you're mind

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
I hate when people say Ree-sees Pee-cees. Reese's already rhymes with pieces!

I also HATE when people say 'Happy New Years' - it's 'Happy New Year.' IDK why that one bothers me so much. I suppose that it could be short for 'Happy New Year's Day' but regardless I really really don't like it.

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
If a group of people are standing and waiting to be served by a cashier are they 'in line' or 'on line'?

My mom all of a sudden started to say 'go get on line' out of nowhere like two years ago and it drives me crazy.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
My mother is weird and possibly brain damaged but her friends and family just kinda roll with it ...

she pronounces Soda as So-Dee.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
We called my grandma me-me before memes were a big thing. Now all my friends love it when my grandma comes over because her name is meme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom