• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
What I find interesting though, is that contrary to everyone's belief that Mafia would target someone inactive, they targeted an active player. Now it probably isn't because of experience as we have both Vergo and Viral in the game, both of which are Mafia legends. So if anyone goes back to find Johnny's suspicions, I recommend you take it with a grain of salt because mafia might be trying to frame someone.

Kirino

Tatakae
The only person Johnny seemed to suspect yesterday was Mido; aside from that, although he was active, he had few actual suspicions, so this may have been an attempt by the Mafia to eliminate an experienced player while at the same time giving the town little information to go on. There could be some significance in the fact that he suspected Mido, but there's no way to really tell whether it was protecting scum or framing, and any attempt to do so is probably just conjecture.

Can someone tell me what a "Mind Controller" is? I have no clue.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1907

Judging by Tristan's description, however, it seems he modified it or made it a different role entirely.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Potentially. Could even be a roleblock? It's definitely a disruptive-type role.

Also to the vig: Careful. N1 vig kills are bad, unless you're policy vigging.
I think unlimited shot vig should shoot every night BUT on the 1st night shoot an inactive or a low profile player. It's the only way to even the playing field with the mafia during the night. I think pendio was a bad target for a n1 kill, though.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
What I find interesting though, is that contrary to everyone's belief that Mafia would target someone inactive, they targeted an active player. Now it probably isn't because of experience as we have both Vergo and Viral in the game, both of which are Mafia legends. So if anyone goes back to find Johnny's suspicions, I recommend you take it with a grain of salt because mafia might be trying to frame someone.
This game is filled with experienced players to me. It was probably an attempt to knock one off who they felt would, as Agron suggested, leave the least information.

@Ver-go-a-go-go
Who do you think these "certain others" are?

Just people I think to be hot night-one kill targets due to yesterday. People that I'd want out of the way fast if I was mafia, especially with how day one played out in this game and the context it provided.

Although I'm curious why you would ask?

Also, why did you believe Johnny might be targeted tonight?

If I'm mafia, I don't go after people on night one I think are going to certainly be hot doctor/protective role targets. At the same time, I want to target active and experienced players who are going to keep discussion going during the day and who have proven to be effective scum hunters in the past. There's an area in the middle I feel that Johnny fell into, where I wouldn't necessarily think him to be a prime night one protection target due to yesterday (I was proved to be mistaken if the night scene is any indication), and at the same time he had a high potential of effectively pinning down mafia during the later stages of the game. It also helps that Johnny did little to connect himself to others on day one - his death does nothing besides drawing more attention to perhaps Mido and leaving me wondering how the "Mind Controller" ability would have affected various roles.

I would have personally been a bit more conservative, but that's just me - I could be completely wrong as to this iteration of the mafia's strategy.

Regardless, I think we should pick up where we left off yesterday. I've seldom seen the old "frame someone" school of thought to actually be applicable, so I don't think Johnny's death is necessarily indicative of Mido being scummy. Mido seems to play this was as both town and mafia (him flipping town in TF2 has me convinced of this). Dare I say he's reaching a Pendio level of ambiguity?

I think @Linkdude74 would make a fair lynch candidate, unless you (Linkdude) have other prospects you'd like to point out. Do you still think Jamie is a fair target?

Also, I'd like input on a theoretical Linkdude or Jamie scenario from the tail-end of the Malon bandwagon from yesterday, namely @Sadia and @Storm . I understand wanting to rush to 11 to get the majority, but you both seemed to have little to say until the Malon wagon was well past the six we needed to insure a no-lynch didn't occur.

@kokirion , you were surprisingly quiet during yesterday my friend. I'm used to having to read at least one of your patented analysis posts before we reach page 20. :P

@Kirino , I'm very curious as to what you think of how day one played out, with you entering the game late and having relatively less input because of it.

Said to see the vig go after Pendio. I agree with what Jamie said about killing less active roles on night one as a general rule. Killing Pendio only helps Mafia keep town quiet.

Regardless, I think we should pick up where we left off yesterday. I've seldom seen the old "frame someone" school of thought to actually be applicable, so I don't think Johnny's death is necessarily indicative of Mido being scummy. Mido seems to play this was as both town and mafia (him flipping town in TF2 has me convinced of this). Dare I say he's reaching a Pendio level of ambiguity?

I agree with not going after Mido just because Johnny was suspicious of him. That kind of logic hasn't really worked out in the past and we end up lynching a townie.

I think going back to previous suspicions may be the best way to go. @Linkdude74 what are your thoughts about the night scene?

Kirino

Tatakae
@Ver-go-a-go-go: The main thing that struck me yesterday was the PatCat bandwagon, which I found dubious and baseless from the start. Linkdude in particular caught my attention because he was third on the bandwagon, voted with virtually no explanation, unvoted with virtually no explanation (and only immediately after someone else had already unvoted), and later seemed to try and subtely deflect suspicion from him onto Jamie. Hero is comparable in this regard, but I think his actions are largely excused by his inexperience and the fact that he admitted to following the majority out of ignorance. Mido started the wagon and seems to have a habit of making early judgements in general (as shown by his "buddy" list), and Jamie's rash and non-explanatory vote fits his playstyle. The only thing that makes me slightly suspicious of him is the way he seemed to confuse his motives between the vote being for pressure or due to genuine suspicion.

Aside from that, the only thing that stood out to me was Pendio's lack of suspicions or desire to contribute, which I would've wanted to question him on, but that's obviously not very relevant now.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I think going back to previous suspicions may be the best way to go. @Linkdude74 what are your thoughts about the night scene?
Towards the end of yesterday you stated that you were less suspicious of Linkdude. Has this opinion changed anyhow? During the night, while you were able to think things over, has anyone else caught your eye? What did you feel about Jamie?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Expect a crackpot theory in like 2 hours. I have a lot of speculation and i have a lot of possible situations that happened

Towards the end of yesterday you stated that you were less suspicious of Linkdude. Has this opinion changed anyhow? During the night, while you were able to think things over, has anyone else caught your eye? What did you feel about Jamie?

No, and that's why I wanted to hear from him. He's the only suspicion I really had yesterday until he brought up Jamie's contradiction. Jamie did seem a little flustered but he calmed down towards the end of the day. Aside from that contradiction, I don't really see anything scummy about Jamie's game so far. So after thinking it over, I don't suspect Jamie.

During the night time I was mostly thinking about the whole PatCat "bandwagon" thing. We've talked plenty about the people who voted for him, but have we talked about those who fought against it or those who accused others of bandwagonning? I'm going to look back and see if I can find anything.

Anywho, that's what I'm thinking at the moment.
@Eduarda Do you have any new suspicions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom