• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got quite a bit to say, so I'll divide it into chunks.

First, I wanted to comment on the events that unfolded at the end of the first day following my last post. I think it was extremely weird for Rosa to go after SavageWizzorbe for agreeing with PokaLink. I can see the logic in voting for someone who simply agrees with others without contributing to the discussion him or herself, however, this was not the case with Savage.

That said, Luxemburg made a really good point about the cop with respect to musicfan's supposed soft claim. I also strongly oppose the cop claiming very early on in the game. My belief, as I stated before, is that the cop should only come forth if at least half the mafia members in a given game are exposed. The only exception to this is if the cop finds an important third party that could be detrimental to the fate of the town, like a cult leader or serial killer.

One last thing I wanted to note was the interaction between Frozen Chosen and JC-Hurin. There's not enough information to come to a conclusion just yet, but I wonder if this quibbling could be to disguise a potential alliance.

Given the information made available from Diego's claim, I believe musicfan is telling the truth. The Monado ability that was used last night would also explain a strange interaction I ran into last night myself. Either that, or I have a feeling who the captain could be given who they so adamantly targeted the previous day.

Let's assume musicfan is town for a second, given that he received orders from the captain.

Taking into account the vote tallies that Linkdude quoted above, a few stand out to me:

A Link In Time (5) - Rosa Luxemburg, Frozen Chosen, Diego, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Eoghan
Spiritual Mask Salesman (3) - musicfan, DekuNut, SavageWizzrobe
DekuNut (5) - JC-Hurin, Spiritual Mask Salesman, pkfroce, Cody, Rosa Luxemburg

The first vote would only have one potential townie (Diego) on the purported lynch. The third vote has no claimed townies thus far. If musicfan is town, I find it strange that no mafia members voted for Spiritual Mask Salesman. As has been pointed out numerous times already, Spiritual Mask Salesman has been very flippant in his voting. Even though SMS is a new player, I find it too convenient that potentially no mafia voted for him when he was in the danger zone the previous game day, and he partook in the two lynches closest to fruition, the latter actually occurring.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It just so happened that Dekunut was looking more suspicious than me on the previous day, so was SavageWizzrobe, and Musicfan according to a lot of people. Plus with all the misinterpreted softclaiming, and Savage's Roleclaim there were bigger targets for the Mafia to try going after.

EBWODP

Rosa Luxemburg said:
Eoghan, you also cast a vote for SMS to try and save DekuNut, but retracted your vote immediately after I cast a vote for him. Thats a bit suspicious, giving the illusion that you wanted to look like you saved DekuNut but gave in pretty much immediately.

Given this information, it's possible Eoghan and Spiritual Mask Salesman are in cahoots.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Given this information, it's possible Eoghan and Spiritual Mask Salesman are in cahoots.

tumblr_n14rylCx1C1qiu8gyo5_250.gif

SMS and I are going to enjoy our life together without your insinuations that basically any two individuals are conspiring with each other.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You can think that, but I'm not in cahoots with him, in fact from what I've seen by his posts I don't even like the guy... if anything I have growing suspicions toward him that he might either be Mafia or Cult. He is someone I might even Vote today because of that, but right now I just want to see how things unfold before I cast a vote.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Perhaps, but I think you're a bit too eager in connecting dots.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

SMS and I are going to enjoy our life together without your insinuations that basically any two individuals are conspiring with each other.
You linked his post using the words “basically any two individuals” and continued saying “are conspiring with each other. Maybe I percieved your meaning wrong, Idk.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
You can think that, but I'm not in cahoots with him, in fact from what I've seen by his posts I don't even like the guy... if anything I have growing suspicions toward him that he might either be Mafia or Cult. He is someone I might even Vote today because of that, but right now I just want to see how things unfold before I cast a vote.
Are you saying that just to break the connection now? :right:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Also remember that it's very likely that everyone's role got redirected last night. So the captain, whoever it is, probably didn't target Musicfan.

I just realised something, Shulk can't be the Leader.

The night scene, in which Shulk is the narrator, clearly says "our leader". Is there any other leader-like figure in the series or could that just be the writing switching to a different perspective?

I think Dunban could be a leader. There is a captain in the game but he is more like comedic relief, although he does fight in a big battle. But I don't think Shulk would say leader if it was himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom