• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VEM 1: Police Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yeah yeah, sorry for goofing up the first post...

Why do games always start when I'm away? Story of my life.

Two votes against me, and I haven't even legitimately posted... Mfw I die because of a speedlynch with no evidence posted.

And ALIT, why the solitary vote?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I was away for most of the evening; couldn't be helped.

This new concept is extremely complex... It's difficult to tell if our investigations are actually reliable or not, due to the intricate setup of this empirical theme. Still, there has to be some method that we can go by rather than blindly aiming for someone on pure gut instinct. Let me think on that for a bit.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
After investigating you Thareous, I received a guilty result. Since this rules out the possibility that I'm a naive cop, that gives us a 50% chance of lynching the lone scum right off the bat. If you turn out innocent, I'm an insane cop and my readings are the opposite of the answer Viral provides me. With a 6:1 town to mafia ratio, we don't need to be overly cautious in this game. It'll be very hard for the mafioso to win.

Also, we should set up a system of investigation for the next night in order to find out who's guilty. Let's go down the player list Viral provided in his opening post, each player investigating the person below them.

Musicfan investigate Thareous
Thareous investigate Hylian_Monolith
Hylian_Monolith investigate Kybyrian
Kybyrian investigate LittleGumball
LittleGumball investigate Darkunut_Hunter
Darknut_Hunter investigate me
I'll invesitage Musicfan

Discarding whoever is lynched today, refer to Viral's opening post and simply investigate the next person instead. If Thareous dies today, for example, Musicfan investigate Hylian_Monolith instead.

... Ah, that list is kind of a failure since I investigated Kyby last night. He came out guilty, so clearly I'm not naive. That's all I know.

Thar, you still seem... different. But you're an experienced player, I refuse to underestimate you.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I also investigated thar and he came up inisent.

Extention of last postI may be Naive sain or insane.

Last edited:

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
After investigating you Thareous, I received a guilty result. Since this rules out the possibility that I'm a naive cop, that gives us a 50% chance of lynching the lone scum right off the bat. If you turn out innocent, I'm an insane cop and my readings are the opposite of the answer Viral provides me. With a 6:1 town to mafia ratio, we don't need to be overly cautious in this game. It'll be very hard for the mafioso to win.

Hate to break it to you, bro, but you're either insane or paranoid. I can at least tell you that much, based on the results you received.

Alright, since Thar came out guilty for me, either we're both insane or one of us is sane and the other insane.

I'm still unsure about my sanity...but my target's coming up after this.

... Ah, that list is kind of a failure since I investigated Kyby last night. He came out guilty, so clearly I'm not naive. That's all I know.

Yeah, Kyby was also my target last night, yet he came out as innocent for me. Therefore I'm prone to be, Sane, Insane, or Naive Cop.

Narrows things down, doesn't it? >_>

Thar, you still seem... different. But you're an experienced player, I refuse to underestimate you.

Experienced as I may be, there's barely anything I can come up with to bypass or otherwise verify concrete results; everything is so...delicate.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Well this how we need to handle this then. We will have to vote someone, that's gonna happen no matter what. The game is set up so that no-lynches aren't an option, meaning someone will die. That's first.

Second, there are certain possibilities based on each sanity, and only two of them will reveal your sanity for certain, assuming you you are sane or insane. The sane and insane cops will need 3 nights investigations to be certain, assuming they hit mafia once. Sane will get to innocent, and one guilty if they get the right choices. Opposite for insane, meaning this game is really tricky.

Now I investigated musicfan and my result turned up guilty, so if we follow ALIT's model, we should be able to get some better results, if we all share of course. Also, I think it's imperative that we all share our results, because that will help us out a bit more. If anyone was investigated by more than one person, we may be able to determine sanity based on that.

My final reasoning is that the Naive and Paranoid cop are the least trust worthy role, which, based on my guilty result, I may well be one. I'm holding off on voting because I'm not too keen on voting till we can really all share and see our results.

Hm. Clearly, I'm not naive, but what I can see so far is: DH found musicfan guilty,
musicfan found Thar innocent, but ALIT found Thar guilty,
I(Monolith) found Kyby guilty, but Thar found Kyby innocent.

It could work unless the scum messes with us... which (s)he's BOUND to do.

This is going to be a very interesting game... I think I'll pull my vote for now.

Unvote:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well this how we need to handle this then. We will have to vote someone, that's gonna happen no matter what. The game is set up so that no-lynches aren't an option, meaning someone will die. That's first.

Second, there are certain possibilities based on each sanity, and only two of them will reveal your sanity for certain, assuming you you are sane or insane. The sane and insane cops will need 3 nights investigations to be certain, assuming they hit mafia once. Sane will get to innocent, and one guilty if they get the right choices. Opposite for insane, meaning this game is really tricky.

Now I investigated musicfan and my result turned up guilty, so if we follow ALIT's model, we should be able to get some better results, if we all share of course. Also, I think it's imperative that we all share our results, because that will help us out a bit more. If anyone was investigated by more than one person, we may be able to determine sanity based on that.

My final reasoning is that the Naive and Paranoid cop are the least trust worthy role, which, based on my guilty result, I may well be one. I'm holding off on voting because I'm not too keen on voting till we can really all share and see our results.
I agree they are basicly civilans or towneis (or what ever the exact terms is (I belive it is towneis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom