• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Go

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Wow.
Nintendo has a hit.

I am going to preface this with saying that I work at a heavy metal burger bar restaurant with mostly grown men in their 40's......

They are absolutely addicted and have never even played a Pokemon game. In my town, I can see groups and groups of people trying to find all the best Pokemon. In my time myself searching for Pokemon, I must have come across 300 people playing Pokemon Go. People I did not even know were into Pokemon(and to be honest, most of them aren't). But almost everyone I know is playing it.

It is addicting trying to catch all of these Pokemon.

Now, I am not saying Pokemon Go itself is a good game. It's actually pretty boring and shallow if you treat it as a game. However, when you couple that with the experience of walking around trying to search for Pokemon and finding new alcoves you never even knew existed. Wow. It's really really fun. Not only that, but Pokemon Go is actually quite iconic in itself. You can tell instantly whether someone is playing Pokemon Go, because they have their phone out in a very unique way. This in itself is an excellent way to advertise the game.

What I said about Pokemon Go as well.... It gets even funner with a group. I got to bond with my fellow coworkers(who are 40 year olds) just by going out by our river to try and find Pokemon after work. It is really fun. So many stories are coming out from Pokemon Go as well.

I can say with complete confidence that Pokemon Go has hit the mainstream. Now, Niantic just needs to pump out more content to keep people interested.

So what do you guys think of Pokemon Go?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Omg, pokemon go is amazing! I haven't had it very long, but I just enjoyed a nice walk outside and managed to catch a few pokemon, including an Eevee in one of those creepy, dank back alleys. I wound up somewhere I didn't even know existed. It pretty cool and a fantastic incentive to go out and get some exercise.

I also like how you can instantly recognize when someone is playing. These guys were driving down an alley and saw me pointing my phone at a garbage dumpster. As they were driving by, they called out to me and asked if I was playing pokemon go, because they were too.

Idk what I was expecting, but I am honestly loving this game so far. It's great.

D

Deleted member 14134

Wow.
Nintendo has a hit.
I never thought I'd hear those words from you!

I think I'm going to walk around late tonight and maybe play around with it, I'm not too sure if I'll run into anyone but I guess it'd be cool to. I'm glad that Nintendo has finally allowed me to realize my dream of becoming a real life pokemon trainer! I just hope no one I know sees me and that people who do won't think I look too silly :oops:

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Well, considering Nintendo's shares have jumped at least 10% since Pokemon Go was launched, I think we can safely say it's a success. Nintendo knocked it out of the park with this one. I guess they're gonna consider making more mobile games after this.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Not interested. I have no mobile device other than my iPod, and considering how fast Miitomo drained its battery, and on top of the fact that you need to turn on location services to use it, I don't want to get it. I'm enjoying all the stories that are coming out of it, though.
I haven't tried it either. I don't own a device to play it, nor am I that interested. I like Pokemon well enough, but I'd rather not get involved.

D

Deleted member 81859

Can't play it, no service where I live.

*mmm watcha say plays in back*

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pokemon go was a mistake. people running into hospitals and police departments and other places. I mean damn folks. Keep your eyes on the road ahead, not on your phone!!!

MW7

I'm currently addicted to it. I think the designers do need to add some kind of safety protection to stop people from playing while driving like not letting you interact with anything when traveling over 10 mph. The bright side is that it gets people walking a lot more.

Pokemon go was a mistake. people running into hospitals and police departments and other places. I mean damn folks. Keep your eyes on the road ahead, not on your phone!!!
That's not the fault of Pokemon Go, thats the fault of the people playing the game.

As for me, I rather like Pokemon Go, though I'm not that crazed about it. I have it on if I'm out for a walk, but I don't go out of my way just to capture some Pokemon.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
tumblr_oa6lec5VSH1s5jrj8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oa6b9uzuwO1rr2gn7o1_500.jpg

Crazy times we live in...

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I love hitting up the park at like 10pm there are so many people around and you know they're friendly :) Everyone helps each other too, someone told my friend and I where a Jigglypuff was and we booked it over there and yelled about it so everyone else knew. It's like a whole new culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom