• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

Has to be
'The flow of time.. is always cruel'. Such a great line in a game where time is so significant, while also being so relatable to our lives in general. But there are so many great ones!

"I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you… Yes… For the hero. Do not betray my expectations”- Ganondorf, Wind Waker

My favorite quote is from Skyward Sword:
"Even though I am Hylia reborn, I am still my father's daughter, and your friend. I'm still your Zelda... So I'm going to ask you a favor, sleepyhead. Ever since we were kids, I'd always be the one to wake you up when you slept in. But this time, when all of this is over, will you come to wake me up?" - Zelda
I loved this game so much, and this moment was pretty heavy.

I remember the quote "It's quite comfortable up here. More comfortable than it looks, surely" by Ezlo in the Minish Cap. It evokes strong memories of playing that game when I was younger, and is rather funny because of how absurd the whole notion of a talking hat is. I remember laughing the first time I heard it.
I know, I'm weird.

Last edited:
Okay... Well, Theres a million of them, but the first one that came ot mind was some little thing Fado said in Wind Waker.
"Please... Tell the king that I will still play...even in the next world!"

Ya girl's a musician. Went to school for music, getting my masters in music.
Idk, it seemed so appropriate, and it resonated with me, to still play... even in the next world.

My favourite quote "It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart... Listen to the Bolero of Fire...."

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water’s surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself."

- Sheik, Ocarina of Time

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Hey guys

Please only post in this thread once as that will allow us to select the winner more easily. If you have questions or suggestions they also don't belong in this thread either, you can post them in the suggestions thread or ask questions elsewhere please.

One instance of there being a user with 19 posts (sometimes 4 or 5 in a row) in this thread alone has been dealt with, don't outright spam the forums like this.

As this thread is for quotes only, if you have any questions regarding this please send me a message rather than posting them here.

Dan Steinhold

Site Staff
I don't know why but the "Not too shabby" quote when you get five rupees always cracks me up. I even use it when I get the chance

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Well I doubt I'll make 100 posts now, but meh, I'll give it a try!
Quote:
tumblr_m32n9vlOpz1rnhtkzo1_500.gif

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
I hate picking favorites, so here are a few good ones off the top of my head:

"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool. I guess that's true." - when the Potion Granny was talking about Grog.

"Secrets are like water when it comes to bridges" was a pretty good riddle from Link's Awakening.

Plus, like, everything from Majora's Mask:
"Well you're just careless. You're like my partner."
"This is no place for one as full of life as you."

My favorite quote (because it really made me laugh)

"This place needs a name. Yea… A name fitting for this rugged, adventurous wasteland. From now on, we'll call it... Grooseland"

Oh Groose, you dummy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom