• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

“YOU… CURSE YOU ZELDA… CURSE YOU SAGES… CURSE YOU LINK! Someday when this seal is broken, that is when I will exterminate your descendants. As long as the Triforce of Power is in my hand!” – Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time.

My favourite quote is probably "My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose." - Ganondorf, The Wind Waker. I particularly like this quote because it really humanizes the Demon King, and shows the motives behind his constant attacks, rather than "I wanna rule Hyrule" like every other game.

It's difficult to pick a single quote, but one of my tops is from Sheik - "Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A child's mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself." I always like the dualism between Sheik and Zelda and I really hope that BotW will focus a bit more, not necessarily on Sheik, but on the entire Sheikah clan.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Okay, I'll give an actual quote now. Don't think anyone's used it yet:
“And I continue standing here at the counter hoping one of my favorite customers will appear… And I wasn’t wrong. See? You stopped in”- Mr. Barten, Majora’s Mask
I've always found Barten to be the saddest character in all of Termina. When the world's ending, everyone goes to see their friends and families, but Barten... well, Barten has no one, so he continues doing his job, attending a near-empty bar, being lonely. The only connections he makes with others are with his customers. He's only known Link for 3 days at this point, but he feels friendship with the boy... or, at least, the closest to friendship he has.

TGM

"I AM ERROR"
-Error

Ha, just kidding. Here's my favorite quote from my favorite game;

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water’s surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself."
-Sheik

My favorite is definitely "I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

My favorite quote is from Demise at the end of Skyward Sword.

"Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse."

"An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!"

"Just look above you... If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!"
- Skull Kid
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

If Link ever talked, his reply would probably be "Challenge accepted".

Kev

No matter how much you desire, you will never be more than a shadow in their world."
-Zant (twilight princess)

Hello everyone, I'd have to say my favorite quote is from my all time favorite video game, "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask." The quote is the last thing that the Happy Mask Salesman says, and it's such an empowering quote. He says "Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you." Fun fact this is my senior quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom