• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah. I hate that the NX's reveal is being squandered in this way. The Japanese console market is nearly dead, and they should be focusing on the west. It's terrible that we will be getting second hand information in this way.

At least they will be showing it off to a live audience in this way
I agree. I think Gamescom is a much better place to launch it. I secretly hope the lanuch location in Gamescom but I could be wrong there. It could be this Japan show.
getting 2nd hand information? Australians have been getting this for decades, we're used to it. But I agree with you, I do think a Nintendo direct, world wide would have been better.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Gah. I hate that the NX's reveal is being squandered in this way. The Japanese console market is nearly dead, and they should be focusing on the west. It's terrible that we will be getting second hand information in this way.

At least they will be showing it off to a live audience in this way

If Nintendo is going to rebuild third party trust, it'll start in Japan. What they need to focus on is getting 3DS developers over to the NX. Having Square Enix, Capcom, and Konami onboard is a must. Western developers are going to be tougher to win back because they do not support even the 3DS as much.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
If Nintendo is going to rebuild third party trust, it'll start in Japan. What they need to focus on is getting 3DS developers over to the NX. Having Square Enix, Capcom, and Konami onboard is a must. Western developers are going to be tougher to win back because they do not support even the 3DS as much.
That's true. I also guess that is the perfect time and place to announce FFXV NX, DQ11NX and all that jazz. And really, Japanese developers really do generally make better games than Western ones.

However, I hate to burst your bubble, but Konami is dead.

I just hate the fact that we will be at the mercy of fan translators and stuff like that to get information on the new console.

That's true. I also guess that is the perfect time and place to announce FFXV NX, DQ11NX and all that jazz. And really, Japanese developers really do generally make better games than Western ones.

However, I hate to burst your bubble, but Konami is dead.

I just hate the fact that we will be at the mercy of fan translators and stuff like that to get information on the new console.
To your 3 points.
1. I agree 100%. Perfect time and place for that.
2. Don't agree. Lots of great games are made inside and outside of Japan. Not better or worse on average, jsut different. Also they all have their fair share of good and bad games being developed.
3. I agree, it is annoying to get translated info. But people like Cheesemeister do a very good job at the translations for us.

Rumor: Nvidia Tegra chip to power Nintendo’s NX handheld
http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-nvidia-tegra-chip-to-power-nintendos-nx-handheld/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1218930

The actual rumour article in question is behind a paywall but someone on the neogaf forums read it and claims the article said roughly this:

• It's Tegra.
  • Apparently, the loss of consoles was a huge blow to NVidia's pride behind the scenes, and the team were told to get a "win" or don't bother coming to work. Nintendo got a good price on the chips. And yes, this is for the handheld only.
  • Seems like it may be talking about the handheld? No idea about the home console, but NVidia confirmed according to SemiAccurate. Nvidia's stance on console's was supposedly a cover for the fact that MS and Sony wouldn't let them in on negotiations after the previous console contracts.
  • According to one of the SA sources, NVidia may even be taking a net loss on this one after software, support, and the whole shebang are done with. Crazy.
Take this with much salt, but it's another rumour out there.

More NX info direct from an interview with Kimishima.
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-comments-on-nintendo-movies-mobile-nx/
-You’re currently working to invest your IP in new fields. In April Nintendo sold its stake in the Seattle Mariners; are you putting the income from that to use?

We aren’t looking to make money simply by directly licensing our characters, but we must invest heavily in new areas such as film production going forward. When we’ve finalized that sale, we’d like to use part of the proceeds in these areas.

-By film production, you mean movies?

The most common meaning is films, but there’s a variety of opportunities such as video content. We’re currently talking with a number of partners, and I think we’ll be able to finalize something in the not-too-distant future.

-In the past, there was a live-action Super Mario Brothers movie, correct?

That live-action film didn’t do particularly well at the box office. From now on we’d like to do things ourselves more than just license something.

-Are you partnering with Hollywood companies?

That could be an option. That’s not to say it absolutely must be Hollywood; we’ll be able to discuss more once things are finalized. However, we’d like to work together with partners who can be successful on a global scale.

-Does that mean another live-action film?

We’ve already tried that, so perhaps not this time.

-Is the intent to be like (3D animation companies) Disney and Pixar?

We have a strong stable of IP, so we’d like to be able to do something like them. So we’ll keep that in mind as we work towards making this a reality.

-Will you be announcing any production in 2016?

While I can’t say a particular year, we are in specific talks at the moment. Of course we’d like to make use of any income from this year, but I can’t say we’re pushing it to something five years out. I’d like to make something happen before that.

-Would it be movies for Zelda or Mario?

We’d like to use IPs that are really quite popular. But I can’t exactly say “we’re doing Mario!” All I can say is that we’ll make something everyone can enjoy.

-Well, if we’re talking movies, it seems like the Zelda series would be a good fit, considering how popular it is overseas.

Put that way, of course we understand that it’s something there’s a strong demand for.

-So you feel there’s many people who want a Zelda movie?

That’s right.

-Do you believe these films will be profitable for the company?

Our primary goal is to increase the number of people who know our IPs. Our core business is to create games and hardware, but the question becomes how to make that business more effective. And of course simple advertisment is no good. So we’d like to create other businesses that can support that goal.

-In the past, have there been movies created by Nintendo?

Our partner companies have created films such as the Pokemon movies, so it’s not an area we’re entirely unfamiliar with.

-Pokemon’s a franchise that involves games, movies, toys, all sorts of things. Would the same sort of expansion be possible for other Nintendo characters?
It’s true that Pokemon has become a great success, and we have learned a lot from it, but the question for us is always “should this be the case for our IPs”? We came to the conclusion that these things must be in order to guide consumers to our core business, but that we’d like to actively move forward.

-Is Mr. Miyamoto involved in these new businesses?

Of course. He’s taught many other game producers, and as a result of that we’re able to have him consider how best to use our IPs. We’d like his input in our film business as well.

-How is Miitomo doing?

The number of downloads is in line with expectations, but the most important thing is that we’d like people to keep playing for a long time. We’ve gotten many requests to make it easier to add friends and to increase the speed of the app, and we’re working to respond to those. With Miitomo, the more friends you connect with the wider the possibilities become, and we’d like to implement that into our next apps as well.

-Your next apps will be the two games announced for release this fall, correct?

That’s right.

-The Animal Crossing series, where players enjoy creating fantasy towns, has fans from children to adults. Is the plan to have the smartphone app connect with games on traditional hardware?

We aim to have our smartphone games work in synergy with our traditional hardware, so we’d like to make something like that a reality. I feel that we at Nintendo are well-suited for that sort of thing.

-Do you mean interacting with the 3DS?

Considering the sales numbers for the platform, I don’t think you would be wrong to imagine as much.

-Fire Emblem is more popular amongst hard-boiled fans. It’s a SRPG where you direct an army, after all.

It’s precisely because of that that we felt it was a good fit for smartphones. But if we were to bring it over 1:1 it would feel a bit pointless. So the question is, what parts of Fire Emblem would be enjoyable to bring to smartphones? That was the key question, and while I’m afraid the answer to that is an industry secret, we’re keeping it in mind as we develop.

-In your future apps the plan is to have more monetization, but is there any concern about the increasing number of people who spend too much on smartphone games?

At the moment, we have no official reports on that. However, the players of Nintendo games are not simply made up of people who can splurge on any amount of DLC. We’re looking for a safer middle ground that can satisfy everyone.

-You previously announced that five apps would be released before March of 2017. That leaves two; is the next one finally Mario?

We’re working to plan and develop IPs with a strong demand for them. I can’t say “the fourth game will be Mario”, but we’re well aware of people’s hopes.

-What are your thoughts on your next-generation console, NX?

It’s something very new. The hardware, the software lineup, all of it is something I’d like to play for the first time myself.

-By releasing in March 2017, you’re missing end-of-year sales. Isn’t that a bit late?

It’s for the purposes of our game development schedule. When people finish the launch titles, they’ll want things to buy in spring, on summer break, at Christmas. As such, it’s not simply a question of when the hardware’s ready; rather, we need to ensure our software lineup is also in a good place.

-Is that in response to criticisms that the Wii U stalled out due to lack of games?

That was indeed a learning experience for us. However, it’s also true that we were struggling with the exchange rate at the time as well.

-Given the NX will be released next March, won’t that cause people to stop buying consoles this year?

Our business is a lively one. Of course, if you compare the Wii U to the Wii, you understand that situation. When the NX is released, the Wii U business will slow. But the 3DS has Pokemon coming this autumn, and that’s such a big hit that I can’t imagine the NX will have a negative impact on the 3DS.

-It seems more to me that the NX will have an effect on the Wii U due to the fact that both will be consoles.

I suppose it can be seen that way. However, the NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don’t feel it’s a pure replacement for the Wii U.

-The forecast for the fiscal year ending March 2017 remains unchanged from last year. However, projected Wii U sales are 240,000 units behind. Do you feel the NX will sell enough to make up that difference?

The NX is still an uncertain quantity, so any numbers are tentative. However, it’s true it will be difficult unless we foster a strong interest in the NX in our customers. In addition, I have high hopes for the sales of our smartphone apps.

-I am curious about the price. Nintendo has a history of value-focused consoles.

It’s true there is a certain expectation for the prices of Nintendo consoles. Our developers put a lot into them, but we can not sell at a loss. The final price is determined by balancing these two conflicting ideas. I don’t believe it’s as simple as “because this is a new platform, we can make it more expensive.”

The TLDR of the NX related comments is:

• The NX is something very new.
  • The NX is a console Kimishima feels would be something interesting for the people playing it for the first time.
  • Kimishima believes the NX hyue train will slow down the WiiU business (captain obvious there) but he believes the 3DS business will stay strong.
  • Kimishima believes the smartphone business will help cover the slower WiiU business tillt he NX is released.
  • The price of the NX will be determind by Nintendo not wanting to sell the NX at a loss and the fact that customers want affordable Nintendo consoles. Kimishima understands the conflicting nature of both points here and will with will work with both when pricing out the NX.
  • Kimishima understands the WiiU was a learning experience for Nintendo. He also says part of the reason back then was the bad exchange rates.
  • Kimishima understands that the NX can not release as soon as the hardware is ready. The software lineup has to be in place as well.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
And really, Japanese developers really do generally make better games than Western ones.

I agree with this for the most part, and I think Nintendo will benefit from getting Japanese devs back first.

The NX is something very new.

• The NX is a console Kimishima feels would be something interesting for the people playing it for the first time.
    • Kimishima believes the NX hyue train will slow down the WiiU business (captain obvious there) but he believes the 3DS business will stay strong.
    • Kimishima believes the smartphone business will help cover the slower WiiU business tillt he NX is released.
    • The price of the NX will be determind by Nintendo not wanting to sell the NX at a loss and the fact that customers want affordable Nintendo consoles. Kimishima understands the conflicting nature of both points here and will with will work with both when pricing out the NX.
    • Kimishima understands the WiiU was a learning experience for Nintendo. He also says part of the reason back then was the bad exchange rates.
    • Kimishima understands that the NX can not release as soon as the hardware is ready. The software lineup has to be in place as well.

(1) Yeah? This is something I just don't believe. Unless Nintendo are about to revolutionize the industry, I doubt it will be "very interesting". I don't think it's going to be bad, but how can a console be "very interesting"? We've done motion controls, VR is already a thing ... what else is there unless there is just some absolutely new and never-before-tried control method? Which, by the way, I hope it's not the way Nintendo are headed.

(2) Yah.
(3) Doubtful.
(4) There is talk out there that the PS4 (assuming the PS4 is currently the most powerful dedicated gaming hardware out there right now) was released weak. In other words, the PS4 was released without having the most up-to-date hardware. It could have been more powerful from the start, but Sony (and Microsoft too, by the way) decided to not do that because they wanted to have a more affordable console at launch. Thus: the PS4.5/PS4k/PS4 Neo. Because the Neo is now viable/affordable, the Neo is now the way Sony is going.

That means that the NX is going to be obsolete by launch. I mean, there it is. That also means the technology is going to be more affordable and I wouldn't be surprised if the NX is "cheap" as far as consoles go.

(5) I hope so, yet at the same time, not so sure that they learned all the lessons they needed to learn.
(6) Sure.

Another rumour:
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20160530PD201.html

Nintendo's next-generation game console, the Nintendo NX is scheduled to enter mass production in early 2017, delaying about half a year from the company's original mass production plan in the mid-2016. Sources from the related upstream supply chain pointed out that the delay was because Nintendo wished to enhance the game console's video-game/handheld-game-integrated gaming experience and add virtual reality (VR) function into the system to gain advantages in the upcoming video game and mobile game competitions.

The Nintendo NX will be assembled by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), but Foxconn declined to comment on matters concerning its clients or products.

The sources pointed out that the Nintendo NX combines the video gaming experience with the mobile gaming experience. The device features a 5- to 7-inch display, controller and joystick for users to play as a mobile gaming product, but it is also able to connect to a TV for users to play as a video game system. Nintendo is now planning to add VR function to the device to satisfy the popular trend in the gaming market.

Nintendo's smartphone games have received positive feedbacks from gamers. Since Nintendo's launch of its Miitomo, the number of player of the game has already surpassed 10 million, while Nintendo's Animal Crossing, which involved social activities, also sold over 20 million units on the company's 3DS system.

The sources pointed out that the supply chain received Nintendo's notification to start developing mold for the Nintendo NX in the mid-2015 and was told that the system would enter mass production and launch in the mid-2016. However, Nintendo has recently given them a new mass production schedule and asked them to start mass producing some key components at the end of 2016.

Nintendo's order volume for the game console has also been reduced. Nintendo originally planned to order 20 million units for the first year, but its shipment target is now only 9.5-10 million units. The sources believe the reduction was due to the fact that video game console market has been shrinking and concerns triggered by its Wii U's unsatisfactory shipment performance of two million units in 2015.

Although Pegatron Technology has been aggressively looking to take some of the Nintendo NX orders from Foxconn, Nintendo still decided to give Foxconn over 40% of the orders, while the remaining is handled by Japan-based Misumi and Hosiden. Taiwan-based component suppliers for Nintendo NX include Foxconn Technology, Macronix International, Pixart Imaging and Delta Electronics.

Bloomberg is an "anal"yst of the worst type but they are the main source here:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-06-16/full-show-bloomberg-west-06-15
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/reggie...sing-on-cutting-edge-specs-for-nx-but-quality

Microsoft ended their E3 presentation with the announcement of their forthcoming console, code named "Project Scorpio." Sony finally confirmed the existence of the PlayStation 4 Neo after months of rumors, though they will only reveal it once they have "a full range of the best experiences on the new system." Meanwhile, Nintendo remains tight-lipped about the NX itself, with public interest sparked anew after The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's impressive showing at the expo. Expectations for the next console generation will only continue to rise until they've all finally launched.

In a recent interview with Bloomberg West, Nintendo of America COO Reggie Fils-Aimé was fielded a question about "how the NX console will stack up" to their competitors' next home consoles, and responded that it is not about the specs of a particular system, but about the content that platform delivers.

You can check out Reggie's response in full in the snippet above, as well as check out his interview in full in the provided source link from 32:07 onwards. Do you agree with Reggie's views on Nintendo as a content-focused company? Give us your thoughts on the matter in the comments below.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
it is not about the specs of a particular system, but about the content that platform delivers

I hate coming off as devil's advocate, especially because my first console was the NES and I have huge love for the Nintendo of yore, but isn't that what they tried with the Wii and WiiU? Content over specs? The Wii had more gems than the WiiU but both consoles, esp the Wii, were home to a ton of crapware.
I think the point is balancing them both, because that is what will garner 3rd party support. As long as the NX is just as powerful at the XBO or PS4, not the Neo or Scorpio, they'll snag the multiplats that have been ignoring Nintendo for years now. Couple that with Nintendo's own 1st party games, and they'll be golden.
It needs a balance. Solid 1st party content to initially sell the console, specs to keep up with the current gen so it doesn't loose on multi-plats, and wrap it all up with some solid 3rd party exclusives. Gimmicks only take you so far.

I hate coming off as devil's advocate, especially because my first console was the NES and I have huge love for the Nintendo of yore, but isn't that what they tried with the Wii and WiiU? Content over specs?
Not exactly so. The Wii was the Wiimote was the star, not higher specs. The 3rd party develoeprs just totally loved it and gravitated to it.
The WiiU on the other hand was as you say, Nintendo wanted less crapware and more content targeted at dedicated gamers. Not overall more content, just a higher percentage targeted towards dedicated gamers.

I believe in both instances the worked well. Just the WiiU's launch mess set the WiiU back so far that it took years and years to finally break even.

Couple that with Nintendo's own 1st party games, and they'll be golden.
This is the key. This is exactly what the WiiU launch didn't have. No console selling 1st party games at the WiU launch. This is what is needed March next year for the NX. Breath Of the Wild is one decent step in this direction but it will not be enough. There needs to be soemthing console selling and NX exclusive.

I believe beefy hardware and innovative hardware both in isolation only take you so far. It's the combination of both that really revolutionise the console gaming space. At the moment No company is doing both (possibly with the exception of Sony VR). MS and Sony are all about the beefy hardware and no real innovative way to play the games. Nintendo is all about innovation, but the hardware specs if they lack severely (a little low is ok) will harm them.

Nintendo really has not thrived from the multiplats since the N64 days. They've been based on 1st and 2nd party mostly. Sure the 3rd party games exist there but the bulk of theit revenue is from 1st/2nd party games. This really needs to start ghanging now. The evidence is there now. Nintendo simply is making games too big to do no their own or they can no longer do them on their own. Star Fox Zero had Platinum games helping out. Breath of the Wild has Monolithsoft helping out. They both are not exactly 3rd parties but it's not Nintendo doing 100% of the work on their own either. Nintendo needs to do what it can to ensure their 3rd party relationships improve, so they get the 3rd party ports and the help from 2nd/3rd parties for their own games.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I believe beefy hardware and innovative hardware both in isolation only take you so far. It's the combination of both that really revolutionise the console gaming space. At the moment No company is doing both (possibly with the exception of Sony VR). MS and Sony are all about the beefy hardware and no real innovative way to play the games. Nintendo is all about innovation, but the hardware specs if they lack severely (a little low is ok) will harm them.
Totally agree. I feel like Nintendo does better with innovative hardware, but Sony and MS do better with innovative features. I'd go on a limb and say MS does features better than Sony.

Nintendo really has not thrived from the multiplats since the N64 days. They've been based on 1st and 2nd party mostly. Sure the 3rd party games exist there but the bulk of theit revenue is from 1st/2nd party games. This really needs to start ghanging now. The evidence is there now. Nintendo simply is making games too big to do no their own or they can no longer do them on their own. Star Fox Zero had Platinum games helping out. Breath of the Wild has Monolithsoft helping out. They both are not exactly 3rd parties but it's not Nintendo doing 100% of the work on their own either. Nintendo needs to do what it can to ensure their 3rd party relationships improve, so they get the 3rd party ports and the help from 2nd/3rd parties for their own games.
That's it. They need to start to foster these 3rd party relationships with the NX, turn a profit, and build on them with the next iteration of their home console.

Nintendo Outlines Key Goals to Ensure NX Success
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/nintendo_outlines_key_goals_to_ensure_nx_success
http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/b...-will-want-to-buy-nx-hardware&__lsa=2109-ebf4

The experts of the report that involve Nintendo are below.

First, it's really important to have the right content. Software drives hardware. We've proven that multiple times. The right game can really lift a system. With The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild being among the titles we're working on for NX, we're very excited it will be an immediate reason game fans will want to buy the hardware.
Second, it's important to have clear positioning for your proposition and be able to explain it to consumers in a simple and easy way. Those are among the things that we are working on for NX. Third, we need to showcase all the things that make Nintendo great. When we bring out a title it has to be of exceptional quality, it has to be fun, it has to be an immersive experience, and put a smile on families' faces. As long as we stay true to those things, we'll deliver what we want.
And certainly there are other factors, like third-party content. Our mission is to create the largest install base possible so that third-party developers will want to bring their content to our systems.
There's a tendency for people to focus on certain publishers or certain titles. But when you step back and take a look at it, we have great publisher relationships with companies like Ubisoft – which had some exciting announcements this week – Capcom, and Warner Bros. They have been strong and will continue to be strong partners in the future.
Having said that, what will attract even more partners to our platform — which, of course, is something we'd like to do — is having a piece of hardware that provides interesting ways for these companies to bring their game creations to life, one that's easy to program and work on, and that has a large enough install base of game fans that are looking for a variety of content.
So, for an avid gamer a game like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of those that you can't not play. It's a new high point for the franchise that offers gamers incredible freedom. Your gaming arsenal will not be complete without a Nintendo system and this game in your house.
We've announced that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be coming out on both Wii U and the NX. Released at the same time for both. But it's not the only game we're working on and have in development for Wii U. This week we're showing Paper Mario: Color Splash, a fantastic new game in the Paper Mario series. We're also showing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and we have content coming from Ubisoft and others.
And the library of games on Wii U for fans who haven't played them all has never been more affordable thanks to the Nintendo Select line of games priced at $19.99, which continues to grow. There's certainly plenty of content for existing Wii U owners, but there's plenty of reasons for people who've never owned the console to grab one now while they last. We will be transitioning production to NX, so our message to fans is to grab a Wii U while you can, because they won't be around forever.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So CD Projekt Red, most known for developing the massive game, The Witcher 3, says that the NX "Will be Fantastic".
Here's the full interview for you guys
Host: What do you know about NX?

Fabian: It will be fantastic. As developer [CD Projekt] you get access to the hardware and everybody [at CD Projekt] is looking forward. We know things.

Host: Are you lying now?

Fabian: No, no.

Host: Sometimes I cannot tell if you are telling the truth or not.

Fabian: No, no! It was like this in the past as the Wii prototypes came in, back then called “Revolution”. It was so funny that in Japan they were all very excited at the developer studios of SEGA, they thought it was very good. The Europeans took a little longer. Like “Well, maybe this doesn’t work”, you know, because it was technically just a GameCube. It was not much more. But NX what you hear [of the developers] about NX is all very positive.

Host: But the hardware will be much worse than the new Xbox.

Fabian: I think this will never again be the main emphasis in the future [for Nintendo]. Can it [NX] be better than the new Xbox? Take a realistic point of view: is Nintendo able to build a console that has got more power than Xbox?

Host: In theory it is possible.

Fabian: Affordable? Do they have the contacts to the industrial facilities, resources… [Shakes head several times in denial] And what would be the positive outcome? Who is going to develop games for it?

*They go on to talk about SNES, 32X, Dreamcast etc*……Fabian: But anyway, I am really looking forward to NX.

Host: I see. But what kind of console will it be? Will it be a handheld? Or…

Fabian: It will be spectacular!

Host: *Jokingly* Nah, you know nothing. I’ll have a look in the chat.

Fabian: I’ll not make the mistake to reveal a console again. Not at this time.

Host: But if – please in my show.

Fabian: If yes than with you tonight in your pool. [Talking about the pool and some private stuff. The Interview moves on in a different direction.]
http://nintendoeverything.com/cd-projekt-red-says-nx-will-be-fantastic/

I've bolded some important bits...
So we know that NX isn't going to be a complete powerhouse of any sort. My guess is that the NX will be slightly less powerful than the vanilla XB1. Yet, with what we know of the current market, why are developers so interested in the NX?

What does this new console has that makes developers(especially this one which is known for its tech wizardry and using specs to its full potential) so gun hoe in this topic?

Developers such as Square Enix, Ubisoft, and industry people such as the CEO of GameStop seem to have unwavering confidence for this mystery system. But the question is, why?

I think it's clear, that whatever the NX is, it has innovation tucked inside it that makes it perhaps the next step of gaming. Not a gimmick like the Wii U, but true innovation. It's so weird to see these third party developers so sure about this, even ones that have never even supported Nintendo.... It's hard to really know, until we know what the system actually is.

This whole interview was interesting to say the least.

Nintendo is as powerful as the PS4 Neo and announcement due in September - Rumour.
Sources:
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59553-la-nintendo-nx-aurait-du-sortir-fin-2016-nos-informations-su
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/...ful-as-ps4-neo-announcement-coming-september/

According to the French publication Gameblog.fr, the Nintendo NX was originally meant for a launch at the end of this year. However, due to some game delays and other factors, the console was delayed to 2017. The reported specs are about equal to PS4 Neo, but are not “cutting-edge technology.” The platform will feature new games like Zelda and more, but several remasters as well, such as Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. The console also has several third-party exclusives in development, reportedly from Square Enix and Capcom.
The article also mentions that a full NX reveal will come in September, likely around the time of TGS.

Take this rumour with a grain of salt but still interesting.

I think it's clear, that whatever the NX is, it has innovation tucked inside it that makes it perhaps the next step of gaming. Not a gimmick like the Wii U, but true innovation. It's so weird to see these third party developers so sure about this, even ones that have never even supported Nintendo.... It's hard to really know, until we know what the system actually is.

This whole interview was interesting to say the least.
Assuming that interview is not a troll interview I think the power of the NX is there to power some form in external hardware innovation like a controller or something. I can't see Nintendo abandoning it's strongest feature of the past decade (and more), external hardware innovation (through controllers and other things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom