• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
wey3qtI.png

JcA1cFx.jpg

CqC9CUw.jpg

8zf3DdZ.jpg

Idk if this source is to be trusted, but hey, it'd be pretty cool.

Idk if this source is to be trusted, but hey, it'd be pretty cool.
Thanks for sharing that. That's quite the rumour. I'll comment on my opinions of it.

• No handheld dev kit - Does not mean that handheld will not also come 2017 but it does mean this dev doesn't have access to it now. Not too much of an indication of what 2017 will bring.
  • The 3DS direct - That's no indication of no handheld support for the NX at launch. Nintendo said the GB-Advance would live long into the life of the DS. History shows us otherwise. Nintendo is just advertising the 3DS now to get more sales of 3DS games till March 2017.
  • API and toolset - That being said is nice is a very good sign. We need the NX SDK to be easy to use with many easy to integrate APIs.
  • Portable but not as we think - This had better be amazing. Nintendo is risking the farm on it.
  • NX is a home console - There has better be portable optinos to add to this. If not then it'll just be slaughtered by the PS4 Slim.
  • Unique architecture - This screams to me bye bye native backwards compatability. Lets hope that the virtual backwards compatability is beefed up a lot to compensate.
  • CPU Power - Not too much of an issue. It just needs to get the job done. How the OS and games are optimised to the hardware matters a lot more. The iOS apps are a prime example of this.
  • AMD in the dev kits - Looks like placeholder GPUs and then possibly the Tegra 2 in the production models.
  • Same level of detail as the PS4 - That's all that is needed at the moment. Make that work with decent frame rates, and lower lag and loading times and you're golden.
  • UHD upscaling - This is UHD, not 4K. Also not advertised and not that important.
  • Future Handheld - Nintendo so need to let us know if the handheld part is delayed past March 2017.
  • Faster load times - the move to cart based media will do this. Optical media reads quite slow by today's standards.
  • 2GB - 64GB carts - makes sense to have smaller carts for smaller games. But on the other hand just getting the 64GB ones produced in bulk would give Nintendo a decent bulk purchase saving. Unless 32 is the standard and 64 is for the rare large game. Just like how only a few Wii games used dual layer DVDs.
  • Not a dual tethered Wii style controller - That's good. The Wiimote in it's current form needs to die.
  • Ram not an issue - If you optimise everything then it's not an issue. 2GB of ram is enough for the iPad and iPhone because everything iOS is optimised for it. If the NX is just as optimised then it'll be all good.
  • Portable part only companion apps - That's dissapointing if true.
  • Virtual Reality - Sounds like Nintendo is looking into it and might happen in the future. Think 2020 at the absolute earliest.
  • $299 - That's a fair price for what it will be.
  • Still on track for March 2017 release - That's a good sign. I have not seen anything that makes me think a delay is on the cards.
  • Can run all AAA games that the PS4 and Xbox1 can - Is this directly or ported tot he NX? Either way this is a good sign. Ease of porting these games to the NX will help Nintendo a lot.
  • Rumoured 3rd Parties making games for the NX - The WiiU had the same level of 3rd party support at launch. Lets hope Nintendo do the right with the NX launch to ensure the 3rd parties stay with the NX. Lets hope Nintendo has learnt the mistakes of the WiiU launch and do not repeat them this time round.
  • FFIV remake - A smart move. Nintendo fans would buy that.
  • Virtual Console being rebooted - I hope all the WiiU content we bought can be transfered over. If not, that would totally suck. Remaking the emulator part to be on par with the MiniNES is a good thing. The MiniNES's colours look a little muted but past that the sprite quality is as good as you'll ever get from those old games. A lot better than the WiiU's VC.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - Makes sense and will sell. Not my favourite series ever but it has it's fans
  • Smash Bros 4 remaster - Makes sense as all the amiibo for SSB4 are not out yet. Also this does mean the NX will have NFC functionality baked in the reading amiibo. I will probably get this though I hated SSB4. Depends on what the remake has that the original does not
  • 3D Mario - Lets hope it's a collectathon (like 64 and SMG) and not like SM3DW. If so that's totally be a console seller. If it's SMG3, that would be totally amazing but this rumour makes me think that it's not.
  • Pikmin 4 - Miyamoto's pet IP. So not a console seller but if it makes Miyamoto happy then have it out. There's no harm done as long as it does not take development time away from other games.
  • Splatoon Remaster - That will sell. Add in enough new features and people will line up to buy it.
  • Super Mario Maker port - Not that interesting. If it's only a port and no more added functionality is added. There's a lot more Super Mario Maker could have. But it's not the worst Nintendo could do.
  • Platinum WiiU collection - This makes me think that there will be no disc backwards compatability for the WiiU on the NX. A shame really. Having to rebuy these games just to play them on the NX. At least the Wii could play GC discs and the WiiU had Wii mode. It looks like the NX has nothing of the sort.
  • 3rd party ports - These are a good sign. Note Well that the info here for Yooka-Laylee is possibly incorrect. Playtonic's official word is that there is no NX port being planned at the current time. That could change of cause. Either Playtonic is planing this and not telling us or this rumour is bogus on this point. I'm more inclined to beleive Playtonic with it'sa decades of intustry leading performance (from Rare) over a random (though detailed) rumour leak.
  • Streaming subscription - people would play for that to be able to stream their games directly to twitch and the like. A very nice feature.
  • Nintendo pirchasing animation studios - After the Pikmin, Starfox Zero and other animations as well as video in Nintendo games this seems like a logical and smart step. Nintendo don't have the animation expertise someone like Blizzard has. Nintendo need ot learn from the experts. It'd help make their animation projects and games a lot better.

Last edited:

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Latest rumors are pointing to the reveal taking place Friday, October 21, via Nintendo Direct. I've seen a number of people on Twitter and various publications pushing this date this morning. However, no site I really respect or trust has confirmed that date.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
On the subject of rumors,
Destructiod has a source from Ubisoft that Beyond Good and Evil is indeed to going to be exclusive to NX.

It's going to be a standalone reboot, that is very heavily expanded. Which will be really cool!

The original story of Beyond Good and Evil is just so good, there is so much they can do to expand the world and graphics. Especially considering that no game has really invoked this type of plot before.

It's supposedly going to have a CGI trailer at the NX reveal, and it will come Summer 2018.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Summer 2018 is too long, gotta place that exclusive at the start of the console, not a year later.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Last edited:
Oh my god is it really happening?! Like for real this time? Not just getting my hopes up yet again Nintendo?

I cant believe the NX is being revealed! My school internet was off, so I didn't even see the news until now. Only an hour late though, not to bad.
fINALLY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom