• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Rumours.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/r...-spills-beans-on-launch-advertising-price-and
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/56jomc/leak_goodies_from_a_large_retail_partner/

Marketing
  • "Interact with your game on the go." phrase seen on a poster.
  • Strong co-branding effort with a Mario launch title on many posters.
  • Console is currently set to launch with least 4 titles on deck.
  • Stores should be receiving demo units around February.
  • Base price point seems to be sitting at $299.99
Bundle
  • The NX is currently set to have a bundle option.
  • The contents of this bundle is currently unknown.
  • Bundle price is currently sitting at $399.99
Packaging
  • The packaging for the NX will be slightly larger than the Wii U's packaging.
  • The packaging is relatively clean and simple and is similar to the Wii U in terms of package design.
  • The color scheme for the packaging is white and blue (compared to the Wii U's blue and black).
  • The packaging still says "NX" however there is still no indication if this is a placeholder or the final name.
  • The areas of the packaging that would usually depict the hardware were blurred and redacted by Nintendo in attempt to keep it hidden.
Features and Specs
  • Games will be on cartridges
  • 4k streaming has been mentioned. - What this likely means is playback of content such as Netflix, etc. Not gameplay.
  • 1080p and 60fps are being used by the marketing teams in relation to gameplay on to the console portion. I've heard unconfirmed rumblings of 900p for the infamous hybrid part of the device.
These rumours are re-written to protect the source so it's claimed. That means it's tough to see if these rumours are 100% true or not. But I'll go through my opinions on them.

Marketing - I this is mostly decent. The "on the go" doesn't sit well with me. That doesn't say the NX is primarily portable. It only says to me that porable is a thing but it could be a minor thing. I really hope this marketing line is changed before launch. Past that it looks all ok. The price is also good. Around the price of the WiiU at launch. Considering Nintendo said they would not sell the NX at a loss this is good. A lot cheaper than the PS4 and XB1 at their launches. It has to be. This does mean around $350 (I hope) in Australia and that's not too bad.

Bundle - We don't know if this is hardware + game or just more hardware added in. Having this as hardware plus game makes sense but I can't see NoA charging $100 for the game in the bundle. NoA always give the US great game prices. So I think it's either additional hardware or more SSD space (like the WiiU). I just hope there is way more than 32GB. That's just not enough these days.

Packaging - I think the white and blue is just placeholder packaging. I don't think Nintendo would want to use the same blue and white of the WiiU game boxes for the NX box. A total shift so people can easily notice the difference would be the way to go. Also I do think that NX is just the project code name and the actual console name has not been released. Most of Nintendo's recent consoles have had different project code names.

Features and specs - For anything portable, carts is a must as optical media does not travel well. This makes sence in so many ways that I would be utterly shocked to see anything but carts on the NX. THink 3DS like carts, not N64/SNES like ones. I think 4K is a lie, just like most manufactures out there. It's really just UHD. I do think it might be able to stream UHD. Doesn't mean much as the games will play in 1080p. If the portable part is 900p that will be ok. 900p seems like a weird number to choose but that would be fine be me if the frame rate is constant.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I mean.

I guess $300 is a pretty good price point.

I am guessing that the $400 bundle will come both with Mario and Zelda if that is true.

But man.
Nintendo.
Just release the ****ing thing.
Nintendo has been terrible about communication.

They should really just say the date that they are going to announce it, so that people aren't wigging out.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I wonder if they would go for the blind buy approach. They won't reveal it until launch day. You can buy it, and see what it is when you receive it.

D

Deleted member 14134

I wonder if they would go for the blind buy approach. They won't reveal it until launch day. You can buy it, and see what it is when you receive it.
That would absolutely be shooting themselves in the foot, especially after the Wii U being the failure that it was. Only blind fanboys would put blind faith in Nintendo anymore.

That would absolutely be shooting themselves in the foot, especially after the Wii U being the failure that it was. Only blind fanboys would put blind faith in Nintendo anymore.
That applies for any console from Nintendo, Sony or MS. Blind purchasing is just dumb.

Theres something just surfaced, potentially fake, about the NX's final name could be the Nintendo Duo.
This is a rumour doing the rounds. The main question here is not if this is a legit rumour. Why call it Duo? How is there two different parts or aspects to the console. Maybe it's the TV portion and the portable portion. That's if this rumour is even true.

It's not a half bad name though. I'd accept that.

14713709_10154246382189580_6988465867284905093_n.jpg

Unfortunately no one is willing to give a source for this yet. When I find one I'll pass that info on.

Salem

SICK
If Duo is true, then it files the DS line naming theme, DS stands for "Dual Screen" AFAIK(or developer's system).

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Duo is definitely not the name - the photo was confirmed as a hoax.

I've been following NX news for the past year, and I'm really hoping that it's a success for Nintendo. When we first heard a bit more about the concept (around the time the release month was revealed), I was pretty skeptical. However, since then, all the rumors have me really excited. I think, if most of the rumors turn out to be true, this could be a huge win for Nintendo.

That being said, I wish that the NX had replaced the Wii and DS. I think Nintendo would have really slayed the game if they had released a hybrid system back then.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I was walking through my local Walmart today....

I have noticed that they are starting to take down Wii U advertising posters....

On a gander, I went to gamestop and saw the exact same thing happening.

Not only this, but there are rumors circulating around major coorporations and analysis groups, that there will be a reveal this coming week.

The Nintendo meeting with retailers, now with Nintendo promotional material being taken down definitely leads me to believe that there will soon be new material to put up. And that is advertisements of the NX.

I think we are going to finally have this thing unveiled in the coming week. Whether it is good or bad, has amazing games or just "meh" games, or if the hybrid idea actually works. We will find out.

I am so sick of rumors, so I hope I am right. But everything seems to align together. Especially with the reveal of the NX keeping investors at bay and off Nintendo's throats, since they are losing their core source of income with the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom