• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Love Letter Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I've never really thought of Pendio as a Day 1 player. He likes to pick it up from Day 2 and beyond. In Avengers he kept saying that he didn't see any evidence after many pages of discussion.

Is that the kind of player we'd want in a mini game of this size? One with no day 1 opinions? I doubt this game will last longer than a handful of days.

Pen

The game is on!
So you'd rather not pool our efforts?

I would rather go with what I personally think gives us a better chance at progress making.

@Pendio, you're a good mafia player, why do you just take Raj's word for the 2 best to pressure?

I do not take his word. I do not trust anyone. However, I do accept his suggestions because I do agree with one of them (which I made quite clear). I do not have anything on anyone right now for several reasons: It is only day 1 and I usually cannot make too much out of it, and this is also a unique kind of Mafia set-up that I have never played in before. The best thing I can think to do is to find the opinions that correspond with my own and try to strengthen those opinions that way in order to form a case as strong as possible against someone, even if it might not be anything spectacular. I am not trying to necessarily "fit in". I have voiced the few opinions that I have had so far in the game, and I am sorry that they have not been many. I was thinking of perhaps pressuring either FroCho or maybe Doc or Libk on day 1. Since Viral suggested one of the players that I wished to pressure too, I chose to join him on that. Of course he does not seem as keen on pressure voting as I do, even though he was the one who originally brought it up.

Pen

The game is on!
The last post by JC that I was able to find in a game thread that he played in is from August 17th at the end of Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia. So he did play that game and it lasted all the way into August. So it has been about 10 months since JC last played here if I am not mistaken.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I still find it curious that you'd pressure players who have played 3 or so games in the last few months and have been scum in at least one of those games rather than a player who has been mia for like a year. I feel like Fro and Libk are more capable of not slipping compared to JC.
What do you think of Pendio @Libk

Pen

The game is on!
I still find it curious that you'd pressure players who have played 3 or so games in the last few months and have been scum in at least one of those games rather than a player who has been mia for like a year. I feel like Fro and Libk are more capable of not slipping compared to JC.
What do you think of Pendio @Libk

You said earlier that FroCho was your other choice for pressure. How come you question me for wanting to pressure him if he was one of your own choices as well? Also, I find it odd how you accused me of having no opinions, yet now you are criticizing an opinion of mine.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
You said earlier that FroCho was your other choice for pressure. How come you question me for wanting to pressure him if he was one of your own choices as well? Also, I find it odd how you accused me of having no opinions, yet now you are criticizing an opinion of mine.
I wanted to know why you felt so strongly enough of Fro to vote him. We've been avoiding RVS mostly in the small games lately so every vote tends to mean something. I want to make sure you're truly down for Fro and not just picking on him for an easy lynch.
As for the no opinion on day 1, I was just referring to you in the same light as Alit did as my post was directed to him anyway. I want to know more about how he feels about you.

I'm comfortable with my vote on JC but we have a chance of not getting to majority tonight so well need to get on the same page soon.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I've never played it before, but 5 players as guards in an 8 player game seems improbable.
Anyway, let's start a pressure wagon. Day ends tonight. I think we can get the most out of a JC pressure.
I'd like to know your thinking here. It's either you're pressuring me because you know I'll respond and act defensively due to the fact you know that's how I usually play (kind of contradicts quoted post below), or you want to quickly just take an easy route and get rid of me before I've had any chance to even play because 'I haven't played in a while'. It's super early in the game, but you're post either points to one of the above and either line of thinking helps no one and only serves your own purposes.

This is a common tactic, especially early on. Person one has no viable option to targets a defensive player to gauge some sort of response and now they're trapped. Person B speaks up and they're accused and if don't speak up... they're still accused.

He hasn't played in a while. I don't remember his meta. More likely to slip.
My other choice is FroCho but I was just scum with him so I still remember how he plays.
My meta is to **** **** up.

---

My thoughts on Pendio? Of what little I've seen? I wouldn't say nothing is particularly standing out. Could be trying to get some Town support by defending a few Townies early on, but this could also just be a natural reaction and I've done the same quite a lot of times Day One. Hell, it seems like I always end up defending some sort of Alit lynch because he's usually inactive early on. That's me though, I can't quite remember if Pendio is exactly the type of player to openly defend others this early on. If memory severs me correct, Pendio is quite tactile and can be incredibly deceiving. I hate talking bluffs and double bluffs and triple quadruple MEGA bluffs, but it seems way too simple to just defend Townies early on if he is scum.

I do find it interesting how Pendio was so open to my lynch after Viral suggested it. However, I think it was more of a "let's get things moving" type of vote instead of a scum vote. That's just what I see.

I forget who asked someone to claim, but I was wondering if that was the right way to go about this. I think it could be good. Sure, we could have someone fake claim but it could something going at least.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'd like to know your thinking here. It's either you're pressuring me because you know I'll respond and act defensively due to the fact you know that's how I usually play (kind of contradicts quoted post below), or you want to quickly just take an easy route and get rid of me before I've had any chance to even play because 'I haven't played in a while'. It's super early in the game, but you're post either points to one of the above and either line of thinking helps no one and only serves your own purposes.
I don't know how you'll react. That's what I'm trying to gauge. You're either trying to paint me red or extremely worried about one vote.

This is a common tactic, especially early on. Person one has no viable option to targets a defensive player to gauge some sort of response and now they're trapped. Person B speaks up and they're accused and if don't speak up... they're still accused.
I don't plan on tunnelling you and I'm not at the point of asking loaded questions where the outcomes are 'dammed if you and dammed if you don't.'

You're the biggest wildcard for me so I'm trying to figure you out.

I forget who asked someone to claim, but I was wondering if that was the right way to go about this. I think it could be good. Sure, we could have someone fake claim but it could something going at least.
No claims yet. Some roles work better when hidden. Only claim if you need to be the roles aren't alignment indicative so there's really no point yet unless someone is going to gambit something.
The option is good, but I don't think open claiming is the way to go.

@JC-Hurin who do you want to vote for? You've been trying to paint me red for pressure voting you. Not trying to lynch but just pressure vote. Am I your biggest suspicion or do you think someone else has been acting curiously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom