• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Love Letter Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ladies and gentlemen of the court, you have all gathered before me today because you were close to the king. His friends, relatives, and advisors. One of you will be his heir.
But first, he wanted us to play a little game.
Each of you have been dealt a card, depending on who you were before all this. This card gives you special powers (ie role). However, these cards can be exchanged, abandoned, and lost.
I warn you, however: there are rebels in the midst of the loyalists. People who want to stop this game. People who want to take control for themselves. They will try to kill you, so you must kill them first.
Good luck my friends.

Rules:
  1. Days will last three days, and nights will last one.
  2. Do not communicate with each other about the game outside of the game, unless told you may do so by myself.
  3. No directly quoting your role PMs, though you may paraphrase.
  4. There are no roles, so there is no role claiming. Card claiming is allowed, however.
  5. Cards are not tied to alignment. Just because someone is a prince doesn't mean they're good or evil.
  6. Bold your votes and unvotes and put them on a separate line from everything else.
  7. You may vote for an Extension and it will be counted separately from votes on players. Majority must be reached to extend the day.
  8. Do not edit your posts.
  9. The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. If a player reaches majority before the day ends then the game will immediately go into twilight. If a tie occurs then there will be a coin flip to decide who dies.
  10. No posts from dead players during the game, with the exception of a single post after death (their "last words"), which can only be something along the lines of a goodbye. No talking about what you think of other players or anything to actually do with the game.
  11. Players must make a minimum of 1 post every in game day or they will be replaced or modkilled. This does not take effect until Day 2. Posts simply explaining inactivity will not count. In the event of a majroity lynch, this is not required. The number of postss may change at my discretion.
  12. Do not reveal any information after you have died
  13. No posting during the night phase, other than the aforementioned "last words" of the lynchee.
Any more questions can be sent to me via PM. This game has a semi-open setup, and I left a link in your role PMs to the setup.

THE LIVING (1)
  • Jamie, a Rebel

THE DEAD (7)
  • Libk, a Loyalist, Lynched Day 1
  • Doc, a Rebel, Lynched Day 2
  • Viral Maze, a Loyalist, Killed Night 2
  • A Link in Time, a Loyalist, Lynched Day 3
  • JC-Hurin, a Loyalist, Lynched Day 4
  • Pendio, a Loyalist, Lynched Day 5
  • Frozen Chosen, a Loyalist, Killed in Endgame
DAY 1: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-1#post-1035180
NIGHT 1: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-5#post-1035948
DAY 2: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-5#post-1036055
NIGHT 2: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-9#post-1036557
DAY 3: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-9#post-1036747
NIGHT 3: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/love-letter-mafia-game-thread.56684/page-10#post-1037175

DAY ONE BEGINS
Day 1 ends on Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 9pm PST. With 8 people alive, 5 makes majority.

Last edited:
This is my first time playing in this set-up. I assume the mafia lack a factional night kill, since that would be completely broken, and the princess and countess cards can cause players to kill themselves under certain circumstances, and the baron card can kill others or backfire on you. Based on the wiki description, there are most likely two scum, and after Dollhouse, I'm not willing to rule out a third party.

This is my first time playing in this set-up. I assume the mafia lack a factional night kill, since that would be completely broken, and the princess and countess cards can cause players to kill themselves under certain circumstances, and the baron card can kill others or backfire on you. Based on the wiki description, there are most likely two scum, and after Dollhouse, I'm not willing to rule out a third party.
Yeah the mafia can't kill probably because they have the exact same possible abilities

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
How is that completely broken? I'm reading Love Letter Mafia, looks like there's a factional kill
"You may use a role card and the mafia kill on the same night, if applicable."

Can't see how that's completely broken when everyone seems to have equal chance of getting every card and the town outnumbers the mafia 3:1. The Baron Card and the Princess and Countess cards can backfire on the mafia, too.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
So ALIT hasn't read the whole set-up yet is trying to offer his opinion about it? Cool.

@Jamie You feel that's indicative of his role? Is he a townie more likely to skim and miss things yet try to be helpful; or Mafia missing that section in the wiki, yet trying to sow confusion?

Jamie

So ALIT hasn't read the whole set-up yet is trying to offer his opinion about it? Cool.

@Jamie You feel that's indicative of his role? Is he a townie more likely to skim and miss things yet try to be helpful; or Mafia missing that section in the wiki, yet trying to sow confusion?
Honestly, there's always a chance that he's scum and wasn't aware of the setup either, just didn't fully read his PM or whatever. I'm not sure it has anything to do with his role but it does raise some eyebrows.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
After getting me lynched for pretending to be oblivious to the set up, I doubt he'd do it himself.

Jamie

Deku I must ask what is the purpose of not allowing card claims? Seems like a big part of the setup (claiming) & it's not alignment indicative so it's not like you can use card claims to clear people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom