• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I'm Worried MM Remake May Not Come to Pass

Salem

SICK
If they slap MM on the Wii U, guess what's sure to come afterwards? Ocarina of Time HD ;)

Now I do NOT object to OoTHD; in fact I fully support that little nig. But, I do NOT want an MMHD. All I'm looking for is portable MM, maybe with some Streetpass features who knows, but not a console MM. I already have that on my GameCube and N64 Q_Q

The whole point of Operation Moonfall was to bring it to the 3DS, not the Wii U. For someone who has been backing Operation Moonfall since the beginning of it's campaign, I think myself and other supporters would be annoyed if it was remade else where.

Let's also not forget a 3DS remake will be 20 bucks cheaper and portable. You might as well get the VC version otherwise.

Fair enough.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of remakes, but I find it interesting to listen to the rational of fans wanting remakes.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Who freaking cares?! Majora's Mask is still playable on its original system (or on the GC if you're lucky enough like I am to still have that promotional disk with OoT, LoZ and AoL on it) and there are even emulators out there. We don't need an HD remake of every damn Zelda game out there, MM still looks good to me! And besides all that, I much prefer brand new games to remakes of old games, so I'm ecstatic about A Link Between Worlds because that means a brand new Zelda game!

Of course, the moment a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS is made I'll gladly swallow all these words and buy it right out of the gate. But up until that point my opinion stands.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's not about the graphics. It's about fixing the game.

It's all about the graphics for me. I'm not asking for "OMG ALL ULTRAS" like the typical PC kid, but I want that same graphical uplift that OoT3D got. Like I said last year, where OoT goes it's only natural for MM to follow. ^^

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It's all about the graphics for me. I'm not asking for "OMG ALL ULTRAS" like the typical PC kid, but I want that same graphical uplift that OoT3D got. Like I said last year, where OoT goes it's only natural for MM to follow. ^^

Exactly.

It just seems right to have MM3D because of OoT3D. ^^

EDIT:

@Sir Quaffler

What was broken about MM?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What was broken about MM?

The save system and reliability are what's broken. There's still more (like the 3 day system) that can be improved.

The save system is worthless. The Song of Time is inconvenient and the way the Owl Statues works defeats the entire purpose of a save system. The N64 version freezes (and is hardly compatible with current technology), the GC version freezes more and lags, the VC version freezes less often but lags more...same with the emulator (but I don't count that anyway). There's other bugs too like Link's random invincibility frames but I digress.

Another issue with Majora's Mask is the time system...not because it's too short, but because it requires way too much waiting. It gets boring. Giving us more room on skipping time would be helpful or perhaps letting us speed time up instead of just slowing it down. Could also add more content like they did with OoT 3DS, because MM is a pretty short game and could use more replay value...but I'll take what I can get.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
what N64 version are you playing? Mine has worked flawlessly since i got it!

Granted, some of your points could be smoothed out in a remake. Nintendo fixes its mistakes. In the Japanese N64 version, you couldn't save during a point in time at an Owl statue. You had to start the cycle over every time you started the system.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The save system and reliability are what's broken. There's still more (like the 3 day system) that can be improved.

The save system is worthless. The Song of Time is inconvenient and the way the Owl Statues works defeats the entire purpose of a save system. The N64 version freezes (and is hardly compatible with current technology), the GC version freezes more and lags, the VC version freezes less often but lags more...same with the emulator (but I don't count that anyway). There's other bugs too like Link's random invincibility frames but I digress.

Another issue with Majora's Mask is the time system...not because it's too short, but because it requires way too much waiting. It gets boring. Giving us more room on skipping time would be helpful or perhaps letting us speed time up instead of just slowing it down. Could also add more content like they did with OoT 3DS, because MM is a pretty short game and could use more replay value...but I'll take what I can get.
The save system and the 3-day system are what make that game. It wouldn't be MM without it.

But, there's always room for improvement.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The save system and the 3-day system are what make that game. It wouldn't be MM without it.

But, there's always room for improvement.

The 3-day system, sure, but I fail to see how hindering players with a rubbish save system "makes the game what it is". Like you say, it needs to be improved substantially.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The 3-day system, sure, but I fail to see how hindering players with a rubbish save system "makes the game what it is". Like you say, it needs to be improved substantially.

The game is about time.

The save system makes you use time wisely which, in my opinion, is important to the game.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
@Sir Quaffler

For me its not about fixing the game.

For me its not about the graphic either.

For me its about the love of one of my top 5 favorite games of all time seeing some love from the people who made it, the ability to re experience it in new a way, and to support the title in general.

Being able to let them know they did a good job, at one of the best games ever made.

And of course being able to experience it in 3d with improved graphics and a master quest would just simply make my year.

edit:

Those gripping about the 3 day system, Keep in mind if there were a 3ds version, consider the problem effectively solved by simply being able to close the DS, and instantly suspend the game.

It would eliminate the need for owl statue saves entirely. And allow you stop any where any time. Then not being able to save the game becomes less important.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
For me its not about fixing the game.

For me its not about the graphic either.

For me its about the love of one of my top 5 favorite games of all time seeing some love from the people who made it, the ability to re experience it in new a way, and to support the title in general.

Being able to let them know they did a good job, at one of the best games ever made.

And of course being able to experience it in 3d with improved graphics and a master quest would just simply make my year.

Yep, that's why I want it.

I also just want to play MM on a handheld and maybe at school. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom