• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I'm Worried MM Remake May Not Come to Pass

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm really worried MM3D won't come to pass, and the reason is the following:

From Engadget,
"If I continue making remakes, I feel like I won't grow." That's how Aonuma responded to the possibility of producing more classic HD remakes for the Wii U, of which the upcoming Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is the first. It'd be easy to dismiss his team's work on that Wii U title as a lazy band-aid solution to the console's weak first-party release schedule. Easy, that is, until you consider its greater purpose: it's a training tool. And that's according to the man, himself. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were also considered as HD do-overs, but it was the Wind Waker conversion that showed the most promising and dramatic results. For Aonuma, development on the Wind Waker HD has helped his production team "learn what it is the Wii U can do... [and] what the system is capable of." All lessons he intends to apply to the development of future Wii U titles.

As you can see, Aonuma is not a fan of remakes. Now it isn't always what he says goes but he really is the talk-to guy regarding interviews and comments as of late. Now I know Engadget talked about Wii U remakes but I know Aonuma wasn't talking solely about the Wii U. They already know the 3DS' strength with OoT3D and they're using that knowledge with ALttP2/ZeldaBLT. Do you think MM3D will ever come along? Why/why not?

Big Octo

=^)
I still think it will likely come to be for a very important reason: money. Though Anouma is speaking like a philosophical game developer in that quote, we shouldn't forget that at the end of the day, Nintendo is a business. If you see through his "enlightened" view on remakes, there still lies a good chance for MM3D being made. And besides, once Anouma finishes ZeldaBLT and/or Zelda U, he would probably have grown enough to be able to make another remake and feel just fine.

We're in the midst of something of a flurry of Zelda. Two handheld re-releases, an HD update of a console game, a brand new handheld coming soon, and a whole new console game in the works. I think we will see an MM remake for sure--Nintendo has shown that they are aware of the fan demand for it, and I don't think they'll ignore that. But with so much Zelda going on already, I wouldn't be expecting it any time soon.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well we have two scenarios...

1) They considered tWW, TP, and even SS for the HD remake! That's every game considered (OoT being on the 3DS) except MM! It looks like MM is the last option on their priority list.

2) They only mentioned tWW, TP, and SS because MM's remake should be on the 3DS next to OoT, where it belongs.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
We're in the midst of something of a flurry of Zelda. Two handheld re-releases, an HD update of a console game, a brand new handheld coming soon, and a whole new console game in the works. I think we will see an MM remake for sure--Nintendo has shown that they are aware of the fan demand for it, and I don't think they'll ignore that. But with so much Zelda going on already, I wouldn't be expecting it any time soon.
ALBW is its own game...
Eh its on the Wii virtual console tranfer it over to the wii u and shell out 50 for the pro controller. (wish you could use a game cube controller though. or the wii u game pad. )

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Lets go over the facts:
The 3DS is two years into what must be at least a six-year life cycle. Nintendo isn't doing things like Star Fox and F-Zaro, so they're focusing on Zelda and Mario. We've seen one remake and one original game. Nintendo has also been blasting away with great 3DS titles. They've even acknowledged the fan desires for a MM3D. I guarantee you its coming one way or another. Nintendo will hopefully thicken its library with remakes to appeal to younger fans, and I'll doubt they'll pass up on the money that is guaranteed to come from a well-marketed game. (Marketing its relation to OoT3D will likely do them well) I guarantee its coming sooner or later on the 3DS, and I'm pre-ordering.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
There's little development to be done. Its relatively quick cash man. That on top of letting a new generation experience a new version of an amazing game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
3m is half of what the original sold and the original was sold on the N64, which was losing the console race, whereas the 3DS owns the handheld market. With this in mind, MM 3DS would be lucky to get 1.5m.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
3.08 million and 1 copies when I get around to it.

3 million copies on the 3ds is a good sell, considering its not like they spent 400 million dollars making it like a game from EA would do where they'd require 6 million+sales to break a profit.

3 million copies for a remake and on a handheld are good. Like Xphon up there was saying about MM, nothing is stopping people from already playing the game. I'm sure plenty of people thought to themselves they can still play it on the n64, or even the wii virtual console. Given the fact the game was directly competing with itself on another platform (virtual console Wii) I think it came out alright in sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom