• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask I'm Worried MM Remake May Not Come to Pass

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Who honestly cares? Just play it on your n64/PC. Jeesh. Before WWHD was released I didn't complain about it not being remade, and I wouldn't have, and it's my favourite Zelda game. It's no big deal. The lack of a remake doesn't inhibit your ability to play the original.

But I want to see the moon in 3D and never be able sleep again :kawaii:

I honestly think it's only a matter of time. The framework for the game is already there in the form of Ocarina of Time 3D and the fanbase has been pretty vocal about how much they want it.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
To be fair I'm not a big fan of remakes either. I don't think there needs to be an MM3D. The original game has a kind of indie feel to it which I think is why it's gained in popularity recently. I think making it all pretty and 3D graphics might add something, but at the risk of taking away something else. I don't know. Either way, I was all for a new game in ALBW and not a remake. I don't know, I will still play it if MM3D happens, but I'm not overly enthusiastic about it.

One reason I loved that they remade OoT on the 3DS is portability I could play it where ever when ever I wanted to and I would love to be able to do that with MM.

I don't care for the ideology that changing the graphics so that they are better damages the nostalgia or the feel of the game because I don't need it to stay the same in order to feel nostalgic about a game, and sure there doesn't need to be a remake but it really isn't about needs but what people want and a lot of people want a remake and if enough people want the low level nostalgic graphics to remain intact it really would not be that hard for Nintendo to make available an option of switching back and forth between new and original graphics this is assuming that the remake will happen and there is a good chance it won't at least not for a long time

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I believe that a MM remake may happen.... but not too soon. A big reason, and I think Aonuma nailed this, is that MM just doesn't appeal to casual players as much as a game like SS or WW might. It's very fast-paced (Seriously, if you aren't moving fast, you'll get crushed by a moon), and you have to be paying constant attention to the time and where you're going.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
^ I was just about to link that. I'm not too worried but I'm not exactly relieved either. Thank you Miyamoto <3

I ain't given up hope. I have a feeling Majora's Mask 3D will be announced sometime after A Link Between worlds' release. Fans have shown alot of support for Majora's Mask 3D thanks to Operation Moonfall, because of this I do not think that Nintendo will simply just say no after all the begging fans have done. Just hope to god Nintendo don't decide to bring it to the Wii U, that would just be taking the mick.

Salem

SICK
I ain't given up hope. I have a feeling Majora's Mask 3D will be announced sometime after A Link Between worlds' release. Fans have shown alot of support for Majora's Mask 3D thanks to Operation Moonfall, because of this I do not think that Nintendo will simply just say no after all the begging fans have done. Just hope to god Nintendo don't decide to bring it to the Wii U, that would just be taking the mick.
Why do you think that?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I kinda took it to mean that he doesn't have plans for MM 3DS but there's hope. It feels like Miyamoto doesn't think it's a good investment money-wise because of the crowd that wants it. The crowd that's after this game is the small, but loyal hardcore crowd. There may not be that much money involved, but it sounds like he does care about his fans and wants to make them happy. There's also an issue of whether or not there's time to make it.

Aonuma may be the deciding factor. He was a big player in creating this game and with him slowly moving out of Zelda, maybe MM 3DS will be made as a tribute to him? I really do hope we get a remake though. MM may not be the best game, but it's one of the better ones and more than any other Zelda title, MM is a victim of technological limits. Putting it on stronger system could fix so many issues like saving and freezing. They could also fix other issues like they are with tWW HD? Perhaps more flexibility in moving the clock?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why do you think that?

If they slap MM on the Wii U, guess what's sure to come afterwards? Ocarina of Time HD ;)

Now I do NOT object to OoTHD; in fact I fully support that little nig. But, I do NOT want an MMHD. All I'm looking for is portable MM, maybe with some Streetpass features who knows, but not a console MM. I already have that on my GameCube and N64 Q_Q

Why do you think that?

The whole point of Operation Moonfall was to bring it to the 3DS, not the Wii U. For someone who has been backing Operation Moonfall since the beginning of it's campaign, I think myself and other supporters would be annoyed if it was remade else where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom