• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How old were you when you got into Zelda

What age were you when you first played Zelda.

• 1-4

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • 5-9

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • 10-14

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • 15-19

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 20-24

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 25-29

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-34

• 35-39

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40+

• Total voters
I was 12 when I played the very first Legend of Zelda at my neighbor's house. He might have had the second one too, but I remember the original much more vividly. Then between him moving away, me not having a Nintendo, and then getting more into computer games in college, I did not play another Zelda game until Phantom Hourglass when I was 34 and we got the Zelda edition DS on Black Friday. That by itself wasn't planned, we just wanted a couple DSs for our kids and that is one that was available. But in seeing a Zelda game after all that time, I was really curious how a modern Zelda game played compared to the original, so I started playing it and enjoyed it so much that I've been gradually playing through all the existing games in the last 9 years.
I'm just finishing up Minish Cap right now, then I have Tri Force Heroes left and I will be completely caught up on playing all of the games.

LegendaryFusion

Zelda Grandmaster
When I was 9, I bought The Minish Cap from GameStop. That got me interested in Zelda, but I didn't really get hooked until I played Twilight Princess when I was 13.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I was around the age of three or four when I first starting playing ALttP, but I wasn't completely addicted to the series until a couple years later when I was better at comprehending the story line and tasks at hand.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My first Zelda game was actually OoT 3D in 2011. So I would have been 15 years old at the time, now I wish I had gotten into the Zelda series at a much earlier age though. I still have quite a few games to catch up on from the time I missed.

6 years old. My brother traded a yu-gi-oh card for ocarina of time on the N64, and that was single-handedly the best day of my life. I never did find out what happened to that kid who did the trade. I hope he was happy with the consolation prize...

First Zelda game was OoT, but I was always too scared to go to the Forest Temple because of the music. I always had my mom come and sit with me during MM as well. First Zelda game I officially beat was aLttP, I felt so proud of myself even though I died, and I kid you not, 368 times. I was 4.

Lanky Kong

borf
I actually only really got into zelda some years ago when i was around 11-12. I managed to download a GBA emulator onto my iPod and was looking up cool games to play when I saw a list recommending Minish Cap and ALTTP. So, I went to coolrom (back when they had nintendo roms) and got them both and I enjoyed them a ton, and that kinda solidified me as a zelda fan.

MW7

I think I was four when I started playing Link's Awakening. The most accurate answer is as long as I can remember.

Zelda 2 and young enough (pre-6 years old) that I only remember having a hough time beating Orange Ironknuckles. Once I worked out how to do that, the rest of the game was beaten soon after.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
I was introduced to Zelda through the original Super Smash Bros., watched a friend play OoT around the time it was released, and even rented WW a little while after it came out. However, it wasn't until I bought and played through OoT myself that I genuinely became a fan of the series. That was in 2005, I think, so I must've been about 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom