• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Favorites
Ocarina of Time
- I cannot begin to describe the magic I felt and continue to feel every time I play, see, or even hear this game.
The Wind Waker - This game was absolute genius. It managed to recapture the magic of Ocarina of Time and even match the overall experience but with a charming twist.
Twilight Princess - It's the biggest most epic Zelda game to date. It was everything a successor to Ocarina of Time should have been and for a long time, I've been waiting for another Zelda game to take the next step and after 11 years, it finally looks that way.
A Link Between Worlds - By far my favorite of the top down view games. The classic aesthetic is a breath of fresh air for the series and quite a nostalgic trip. It's every bit as great as A Link to the Past but a lot more beautiful, charming, and polished.

Least Favorites
Adventure of Link
- This isn't so much a least favorite, I just don't plain like it. It's not acceptable for a Zelda game and Miyamoto even admitted it was bad so that should say something. I get it was only the second game in the franchise but there's a reason A Link to the Past resembles the original and not this garbage.
Spirit Tracks - I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass quite a lot despite the tedious Temple of the Ocean King which I personally didn't find too bothersome. But every time I try to get into Spirit Tracks, I can never make it all the way through. I don't know if maybe the charm just wore off or the entire concept just got tired. But one thing I know for sure is that I don't like the train. It's way too limiting for me and in the end, it just isn't as fun as the boat.
Majora's Mask - My problem with this one is the same as Spirit Tracks. It's just way too limiting but perhaps this one to an even greater extent. The 3 day cycle just sucks out all the fun for me. Rather than being free and able to explore at my own leisure like I do in any Zelda game, this one rushes you to get done what you can in a 3 day time span before you have to reset everything and get back at it.

Ocarina of Time is my favourite by far, as it was the first one I played, and the one I still enjoy playing the most today.

My least favourite, however, is a Link to the Past. Dunno, I just find it boring.
OMG! lol Link To the Past is my favorite!! But it might be because it was the first video game I ever played and was my first introduction to the series, also agree that Ocarina of Time is great too!

Out of the games I have played, my favorite game is Wind Waker while my least favorite is Four Swords. Honorable mentions include Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask.

I have to say OoT is my favourite but simply cause it's the one I grew up with and has made me so invested into Zelda. If that wasn't the case I'd defiantly say WW.

As for my least favourite.... I don't know... probably one of the oracle games since I haven't played them that much.

My favorite zelda game?
There is an infinite boxing match between twilight princess and majoras mask in my head for the greatest zelda game. They're both so wonderful...
As for my least favorite zelda?

I have a strange love hate relationship with links awakening. It has some of the best dungeon design in the series, and definitely the worst overworld Design in the series. I have an easier time navigating the dungeons than the overworld. I find myself eager to play whenever Im in a dungeon, and having to pull myself through when im in the overworld because of how frustrating it is. If nintendo were to fix this problem in a remake than it would have the potential to be my favorite 2d Zelda.

I personally love both TP and MM, like the person above me.

My lest favourite would be the original game, the second game, the oracles, or WW. Idk which exactly, although I'd say WW is the least bad out of those as the graphic style is the only problem I have with it.

My favorite was definitely Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. I really can't choose between them. Least favorite was the oracle series.

Wind Waker and Link's Awakening, though that is mostly because of nostalgia value then anything else.
Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword.

Let me start by saying that I like ALL of the Zelda games. There is not one I truly dislike.

Now my fav is a toss up between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, but if I had to pick one I would say Twilight Princess HD.

My least favorite was Triforce Heros. I liked the game, but I got paired with a lot of bad randoms. It ended up being easier to just beat the game using the single player option.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Oh boy, tough question! I can't really say I have a least favorite game, just a game that didn't affect me as much. Ya see for most games when I finish them I feel this great sense of accomplishment. This is true for games like Oot Mm TFH and more. However, the one game that didn't affect me quite as much was four swords. Not to say it isn't a great game, just ain't my fav! I gotta say that my favorite one has to be either Majora's mask or A Link between worlds!

Favorite has to be Majoras Mask because of all the cool effects you can get with the masks. Some didn't even make sense like the stupid bomb mask but it made it fun to try out different things.

Zelda 2 wasn't very good. Maybe I just suck but I hated fighting the armored knights that would block your attack for 4 minutes before you csn kill them. I will say that once I was older and went back to the game, it was more fun than when I was 6 and it was too hard. Plus my game sucked and I had to blow on it for a while before it would start every time so there was that too lol.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
(I'm in the process of reviving a bit of discussion from the old World of Zelda stickies, so it might seem familiar, but feel free to post and share your views.)

So what are your favorite and least favourite Zelda games and why? You can state a few examples or compile a list ranking them in order.
My favourite is Twilight Princess because I love the puzzles and the fact that Link can be a wolf like c'mon that's sick.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom