• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fantasy role play

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Dean's lying awake, unable to sleep. He has a job, and he know he has to do it. His target should be in this area, but his contacts had neglected to give him a name. Because of course they did. Flipping elves.
He rolls over, eyes shut. Let's hope they're over at that army thing the others mentioned.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie thought of this as she'd stood to stalk around after the others had gone to sleep. She hadn't been in woods the past few days ad she found herself missing them terribly. She touched the grass and soil creeping quietly around to drink in the nature around her. She heard the barest snap of a twig and her eyebrows rose with surprise. Still, it was always best to pretend ignorance, and with that, she continued to creep further and further away still hearing twigs snap from time to time.

After an hour of walking, she felt lucky to find the river she recalled playing in from her youth. She didn't even glance behind herself before stripping down and climbing into the water with a graceful hop. She swam in it going so far as to laugh as the various creatures of the river swarmed around her. Before long, she climbed out to sit on a rather large rock and dangle her feet into the water while she brushed her hair and let the air dry her body.

She sighed, "Such a Gentleman to wait for me to put my armor back on before you slit my throat, Trelias." She heard the crunch of boots on the ground and turned to see the drow leaning casually against the closest tree looking very much as if he were completely uninterested in the nude woman he'd been following for the past few days. "You don't really think I'd be so bold as to slit your throat like that?" She smiled ruefully at him before returning to brushing her hair.

"You're bold enough to stare at a lady bathing." She began to braid her hair.
"You knew I was following you. If you didn't want me to look you might have said so." He moved to drink from the river.
She chuckled, "Why are you here, Trelias? Changed your mind about killing me?"

He grinned at her and shook his head, "You intercepted a message I was quite interested in reading. Luckily, you weren't very difficult to follow. The Valley of Tears. Not a very creative place to stage a siege from is it?" She shook her head in reply to this causing him to continue, "May I ask you a question?" She nodded having just tied off the complicated braid she kept her hair in and was beginning to pull her clothing on.

"All those scars on your back, shoulders, arms...where did they come from? I haven't seen anything like it on an elf before." She paused in her dressing to look at her bare arms turning them, "You have keen eyes in the moonlight. They're from my Grandfather. Every time I displeased him or failed in my lessons or brought him shame, he'd have his men hold me down and he'd carve another branch or leaf onto the tree on my back. When I was ten, I carved the elven languages onto my arms to avoid 100 lashes per language. He gave me the choice." She watched the shock and horror play out on his face and looked down smiling slightly as if to shrug it off.

"So why are you going to the Valley of Tears?"
"I have a new contract and I intend to collect on it."

She nodded at this and continued dressing in silence while he sat down next to her. They remained sitting like that trading few words until finally she stood up to walk back to the group, keenly aware that it was likely he would follow them all the way to the meeting place. When she arrived back, she found Nevermore draped around Sol and held up a rabbit she'd caught on the way back. "Anyone hungry?"

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Nevermore woke at this remark, she was terribly hungry, her bread had gone moldy and she had to toss it because it was no longer good to eat. "You have no idea!" She says to Aerdrie as she throws a little more wood on the fire.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie smiled sitting down with the rabbit and pulling out a knife quickly and expertly making the slits necessary to pull the rabbit skin off the rabbit. With two quick stabs she removed the eyes and slid a stick through the slits she'd made so that it could be cooked and served. She reached down mincing some grass in her hands and spreading it across the rabbit before setting it to roast and smoke over the fire.

Pen

The game is on!
Riq was excited to get a bite as well. He hadn't eaten proper meat in a few days, which was a very long time for him to go without good meat. He was feeling rather sleepy though. His stubborn desire to always seem the most energetic and alive had caught up to him and made him tired. He would have some food before falling asleep though.

G

Guest-3

Sol looks to the small animal.
He'd not eaten, but then again, he didn't exactly eat rabbit... or any type of animal... but, for the sake of not wanting to scare the group into hating him, he acts as if he's interested. He'd be able to eat something he preferred later, if the wolves had not gotten to the dead yet.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana gratefully accepted the food Mogget had cooked. For whatever reason magic always made her tired and hungry.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Nevermore carnivoroisly tears into the rabbit once it is cooked. It burns her hand a little. "Ow!" She exclaims. Nevermore then walks over to Sol. "Sol, I'm sorry that I treated you so badly earlier. I just get afraid when you go into these blood frenzies. It's enough to make someone go crazy after a while. Will you forgive me?" Nevermore says honestly.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Mogget grimaces 'put your hand into some milk, it'll help the burn heal slightly' he hands Nevermore a dish of milk

G

Guest-3

Sol looks to Nevermore.
"How could I not forgive you? It... wasn't your fault, anyhow." A very small, almost unnoticeable smile graces his face. His stomach makes a disgusting noise that signals his realization that he really was starving.
"I'm going to go find something else to eat. You all should enjoy the small amount of protein and stock up." He stands and hurries away to go find one of the dead goblins. When he does find one, he begins to feed on the dead beast's blood. It wasn't the greatest, but at least he was immune to the taint within it.
When he has had his fill, he steps back, the dead goblin has been reduced to nothing but skin and bone. All liquid within his body has been drained. Sol sighs and turns around, heading back to the camp. On the way, he spots a carrot plant and pulls it up, wiping it off and taking a bite of it. He enters the camp and sits in the same place he had before.

Misty

Ronin
Aerdrie hadn't taken any of the rabbi choosing instead to chew on dried bits of food much like what she fed to her birds as she went. She crunched at a bit of bread, but it was obvious eating wasn't among her favoured activities. She did however drink water and juice with great pleasure having always loved fruit and water. As the others finished eating, she stretched, "Are we ready to move out? It seems they're meeting at the center of the Valley, and that's still about a day or two walking." The owl fought being put into the cage, but once it was inside, it began to sleep pleasantly while she began working to put the fire out and cover it just in case.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Nevermore sighs, she is kind of sad to leave this place. It was so peaceful. But she knew that they couldn't stay here. They were on a mission and they couldn't get off course. "Yeah. Let's head out."

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Khana started packing up and getting ready to move on but she vowed she would come back here one day.

G

Guest-3

Barsolas stands. "Alright, I suppose we should leave..." He stretches a bit and yawns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom