• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
pkfroce (1) - pkfroce
A Link In Time (1) - Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman (3) - musicfan, SavageWizzrobe, DekuNut
DekuNut (1) - JC-Hurin
SavageWizzrobe (1) - Frozen Chosen

Day 1 ends on Sunday, July 26th, at 8:00 PM CST time. With 15 players, it takes 8 for a majority lynch.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Unvote

Vote: Dekunut

It's no secret I was jumping on bandwagons to try scaring people into posting. In ALiT's case I stated the only reason I voted him was to try and see if he'd post, I had no intentions to follow through and Lynch him for not posting and I also stated that it wouldn't be practical.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Unvote

It's no secret I was jumping on bandwagons to try scaring people into posting. In ALiT's case I stated the only reason I voted him was to try and see if he'd post, I had no intentions to follow through and Lynch him for not posting and I also stated that it wouldn't be practical.
Your reason for the vote?

Seeing as how this is Spiritual's first game of mafia in general, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He may be voting shakily and without much reason to back it up, but personally I'd rather let a newcomer live for the first day/night cycle as a free pass. (We do this on ZU, btw, it's an unwritten rule we have that newbies won't be lynched or targeted by a night kill)

ANYWAY

We're nearing the end of Day 1 with roughly 24 hours left. I propose that we choose from a pool of candidates to lynch. The players are:

1. DekuNut
  2. A Link In Time
  3. musicfan
  4. Linkdude74
  5. pkfroce
  6. SavageWizzrobe
  7. Frozen Chosen
  8. Sadia
  9. PokaLink
  10. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  11. Rosa Luxemburg
  12. Diego
  13. Cody
  14. Eoghan
  15. JC-Hurin
I propose that every player state the first two players that they believe should be lynched today, and for what reason. I don't require a five page essay, but point out at least one or two things you find particularly scummy about a player that justifies your lynch.

As I committed to in my first post, I'm going to look at people who I felt have produced little content and have not been very active. While I do find Spiritual's flip flopping scummy, I recognize he is a new player and I wish to give him a grace period for Day/Night 1.

Of those two I'm going to set my eyes on a lynch for either SavageWizzrobe or pkforce, both of whom I consider players who have contributed little to the town. Things I find of note

SavageWizzrobe:

- First post is a vote cast towards Diego, the reasoning behind it being that Diego was able to take a leadership position. Later comments that Diego looks too pro-town and this is grounds for a lynch. Believes musicfan had a point re: his vote for Diego.
- Agrees a lot with PokaLink (just something I'm making a note on in case either of them flip and the role gives us some insight)
- Backs off Diego slightly, to cast a vote for SMS and cast suspicion towards Eoghan.

pkforce:
- Defending the bandwagon against musicfan.
- Basically just shooting the **** with Diego and talking about Day 1 shenanigans.

Note: I find entire readlists to be fruitless and beneficial to the mafia, so I'm going to hold off on anyone else who I think is acting scummy or may be scum.

If anyone wishes to take me up on my proposal, I'll ask for the two people you currently find scummiest and why. This late into Day 1 there should be at least one person who, if they flip, you believe will produce information to read.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Good plan
Firstly, obviously SMS. I think it's stupid to let a possible scum live an extra day, even if he's new. I see the reasons, but... Nope.
For my reasons, he seemed more than willing to follow the bandwagons that already existed. The reasons there are somewhat shady (as said earlier, I dont have my notes here, so the specifics will come later today or tomorrow morning), and despite obviously having opinions of his own, chose to stick with bandwagons. Hopping on bandwagons that already exist is a common noob scum move, and he's done it twice.
Also, @Crus@der77x , you have two separate vote talked for him. Not scummy, but pointing it out.

The other one is Eog. While I have lesser feelings on him, he was also on the tail end of both bandwagons. He's made some of his posts a little more class though, hence the lesser feelings towards him.

Most other people are slight town or neutral reads, and they're the only ones I really have anything on. There are other lunches I may support, but I won't get into them here, for similar reasons as Rosa.

Rosa, I'll post a response to the two players I believe should be lynched by the end of the day, but I'm currently on mobile, which makes linking posts annoying.

Aside from the votes on DekuNut and Spiritual Mask Salesman, I saw a few comments, particularly by Savage Wizzrobe, about how more experienced players can be trusted more readily. That's a classic non sequitur that shouldn't be used as a crutch or defense.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Unvote

From what I'm getting out of this, you seem to be imitating the playstyle of some of the other players, particularly Diego and Rosa. While intimidating players to post is a legitimate strategy, it seems like you're jumping on another bandwagon: a playstyle bandwagon. I can understand that you're new to the game, but at the same time, it doesn't make you look very good.

I'd also like some reasoning as to why you find DekuNut scummy.

Seeing as how this is Spiritual's first game of mafia in general, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He may be voting shakily and without much reason to back it up, but personally I'd rather let a newcomer live for the first day/night cycle as a free pass. (We do this on ZU, btw, it's an unwritten rule we have that newbies won't be lynched or targeted by a night kill)

ANYWAY

We're nearing the end of Day 1 with roughly 24 hours left. I propose that we choose from a pool of candidates to lynch. The players are:

1. DekuNut
  2. A Link In Time
  3. musicfan
  4. Linkdude74
  5. pkfroce
  6. SavageWizzrobe
  7. Frozen Chosen
  8. Sadia
  9. PokaLink
  10. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  11. Rosa Luxemburg
  12. Diego
  13. Cody
  14. Eoghan
  15. JC-Hurin
I propose that every player state the first two players that they believe should be lynched today, and for what reason. I don't require a five page essay, but point out at least one or two things you find particularly scummy about a player that justifies your lynch.

As I committed to in my first post, I'm going to look at people who I felt have produced little content and have not been very active. While I do find Spiritual's flip flopping scummy, I recognize he is a new player and I wish to give him a grace period for Day/Night 1.

Of those two I'm going to set my eyes on a lynch for either SavageWizzrobe or pkforce, both of whom I consider players who have contributed little to the town. Things I find of note

SavageWizzrobe:

- First post is a vote cast towards Diego, the reasoning behind it being that Diego was able to take a leadership position. Later comments that Diego looks too pro-town and this is grounds for a lynch. Believes musicfan had a point re: his vote for Diego.
- Agrees a lot with PokaLink (just something I'm making a note on in case either of them flip and the role gives us some insight)
- Backs off Diego slightly, to cast a vote for SMS and cast suspicion towards Eoghan.

pkforce:
- Defending the bandwagon against musicfan.
- Basically just shooting the **** with Diego and talking about Day 1 shenanigans.

Note: I find entire readlists to be fruitless and beneficial to the mafia, so I'm going to hold off on anyone else who I think is acting scummy or may be scum.

If anyone wishes to take me up on my proposal, I'll ask for the two people you currently find scummiest and why. This late into Day 1 there should be at least one person who, if they flip, you believe will produce information to read.

Well first, I'll explain my choices for lynch candidates today:

1. Spiritual Mask Salesman
He may be new to the game, but the truth is that newer players tend to be lynched early on just because of the game's nature. Whether new or not, any player has the same chance of being scum as any other. He has made a lot of mistakes so far that can be considered scummy, from flip-flopping on his votes a lot, to joining multiple bandwagons to appear to solidify a lynch and confuse the town (this has been the most headache-inducing Day 1 I've experienced, by the way). His posts, while numerous, don't have too much content, so I'm left scratching my head. I think he is one of the more useful lynch targets, since depending on how he flips it may reveal something about Eoghan, since they both hopped on the musicfan and ALiT bandwagons quite late compared to others. I feel like I'm grasping at straws with this last point, however.

2. musicfan
I may have agreed with him at first, but as I saw his behaviour on a whole today, I definitely changed my mind. He told the vigilante to shoot you or Diego as his defense. He softclaimed some town power role (something along the lines of vigilante, doctor, or roleblocker) when he said "cool down," and it got the pressure off of him. Furthermore, while he's fairly active, his average post hasn't had a lot of content, so I'm finding him pretty hard to read. Part of me thinks his softclaim was really a ploy to manipulate the town, but this is speculation on my part. Also, from what I've read and heard of musicfan, he is a seasoned Mafia player here on ZD, so it makes me think that his actions are deliberate. If it was his goal to confuse the town, he has accomplished that to some degree. In my opinion, he is also a very useful lynch candidate, particularly if he flips scum.

And while I'm on the spot, allow me to explain myself.

I agreed with PokaLink a lot today because he made a multitude of points that I could easily verify were true, and as such I'm getting a town vibe off of him for the time being. There are a few other players who are giving me town vibes, particularly DekuNut and you, Rosa, but PokaLink stood out to me the most. I suppose it may also be that his playstyle seems similar to my own, so I might be falling into an emotional trap. He could still be clever scum of course, so I should keep tabs on him as well.

And about Diego, I was initially seeing some red flags from him, particularly in his attitude. Multiple comments he had made earlier in the day came off to me as arrogant, self-centered, and dogmatic, and I'm fairly certain this is what musicfan was alluding to. But as the day progressed he started to settle down, his vibe seemed to change to more of an overall neutral vibe. His vibe change may be a scumtell, or it may not. It could go either way. I think he would be a great cop target because of that.

And as far as SMS and Eoghan, the similarities in their voting patterns made me think that they could be connected in some way. They also have a similar play strategy of jumping on bandwagons to scare others into posting. I just found it strange enough to warrant the FoS.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
EBOWDP

ALiT, could you elaborate a bit more on the specific comments that I made?

I searched through my own posts, and found some weird wording. I had mentioned that musicfan was a "good player" (good as in experienced, not good as in trustworthy) and that my suspicions against you based on your low post count were alleviated because it's consistent with your playstyle on Day 1. That doesn't mean that I should trust you outright, it just makes you look slightly better.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
Apologies on not having much to say about the ZD people yet because to be honest I'm still trying to get a hang of which person is which. I always struggle to remember names when I'm introduced to like 12 people at once lol. Here's my thoughts so far:

I'm somewhat confused by the basis of a lot of this suspicion on players like SMS. Have a look at Diego's post.
Now you have at least 4 people that voted in two clear bandwaggons (btw yes, I'm counting myself in those 4)
This is a lead, I'm pretty sure that at least one of us, the ones who voted twice are Mafia. That's because the "targets" I picked were easy lynches: non talkative, with a weird behaviour... Of course I also wanted them tpo speak up, so it served that pupose too.

Day 1 is useless, you guys say? There you have it, voting patterns. Serious voting patterns.

No need to thank me, I'm pretty sure next time you guys will be able to do it by themselves...

Let's follow the logic here:

1) Diego and Rosa led votes on people because they were inactive and encouraged others to to do the same because they felt that pressuring inactives to vote was important for town to win.
2) Diego says he also targeted people with weird behaviour (i.e the kind of people you'd want to vote for/pressure in a mafia game.)

So far this is all well and good. They've found in my opinion the best leads so far through the twin criteria of inactivity and strange behaviour. But then:

3) Some (largely) new players agree with the points Diego made and jump on board to pressure the suspects.
4) Diego acts like he has sprung a trap.

This is the part that doesn't make sense. If you're making sense in your reasons to target inactives/weird behaviour then surely some support in pressuring inactives/etc is both common sense and pro-town. Now Spiritual Mask Salesman is at the top of the suspicion list because he listened to what others had to say?

Yes, bandwagoning can be something that scum do but it's also something town do in equal amounts - the trick in catching out bandwagoning mafia isn't to target people who bandwagon, but to look back at the thread after we've had some players roles confirmed through death and then look at who bandwagonned certain townies or refused to bandwagon certain mafia.

I think the best use of our time right now is to chase our actual leads, not chase people because they helped to chase our actual leads.

Cody

ZD Pokemon Champion
I sat there happy with a job well done for like ten minutes then I realised with a shock that I'd forgotten to spell Deggio's name wrong.

I was so close to a good post :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom