• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zeltic Rebuttal to 'Game Theory' Timeline Theory

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
This is a Rebuttal to Game Theory's recent timeline video by a Youtuber who mostly makes Zelda Videos, Zeltic. Does Zeltic successfully disprove MatPat's timeline placement of BotW? What do you think of the points he makes?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Overall MattPatt's theory isn't any stronger or weaker than any one else's, same with Zeltik's. There just isn't enough evidence to solidly pinpoint any timeline. However I believe somewhere, Eiju Aonuma said it takes places after OoT in a timeline where Ganon appears many times. Though I can't find the quote, this would potentially rule out the adult timeline.
Now speaking of geography, BotW's map fits ALttP quite well, and reminds me of this picture
alttp-map.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/hgW7F
I went and compared the maps of Hyrule through out the games using only geographic features as those take longer to change while artificial structures like the Temple of Time or the Master Sword can be moved or rebuilt elsewhere.

TP and BotW maps both fit well together, just as good as BotW and ALttP. The Mountain, forest, desert and icy region all form a nice square.

Personally I want it to be in the child timeline since the downfall timeline already has so many games in it.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Personally I want it to be in the child timeline since the downfall timeline already has so many games in it.
If we were talking about personal reasons to place the game in a timeline then I would agree that the DFTL has too many games and the CTL too few. But I would also argue that it would nice to finally see a 3D Game in the DFTL.

Last edited:
I agree with MatPat's placement more,( I think every placement aside from the DT has too many problems to work, even if BotW shares some elements with them), but his evidence was too minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom