• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Zelda's Lullaby is Magical!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Hi! I don't know if you noticed this, but in OoT if you play Zelda's lullaby near a destroyed sign it magically rebuilds itself. Probably so you can destroy it again.:P

Beeker

Wild Card
Zelda's Lullaby does seem to have magical powers to it. I believe it was Impa who said that there was "a strange power in those notes" (correct me if I'm wrong :/), and it lets doors open to see other races.

I knew the Song of Healing could do that(Like Hero of Lime said) but I didn't know that Zelda's lullaby could have the same effect.:P

:lol: That is awesome. Do you know how many times I accidentally destroy a sign? Those things need to be made of iron or something :P

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
and it lets doors open to see other races.

The reason for that is because of diplomacy. Zelda's lullaby is the theme of the Royal Family of Hyrule. When the races hear it, they would imagine it is played by a messager who has delivered a message from the king or queen of Hyrule.

I must confess, though, when I had first learned about how the signs can be restored by playing Zelda's Lullaby in front of it, I just starting fun hacking and slashing the signs only to safely bring them back up to their original, undestroyed state. Zelda's theme, however, has been featured in just about every game since A Link to the Past, including Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I agree with Petman... yet I never experimented with Zelda's Lullaby when I broke a sign. Perhaps the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask was meant to be somewhat of a replacement? Anyway, in MM I always loved to run around with my big Great Fairy Sword and spin attack the heck out of the signs and then rebuild them. Even more entertaining is using the invisible Great Fairy Sword glitch attacking the sign... or even using the infinite sword attack glitch (sheathed) so that I could simply walk up to the sign and it would magically destroy itself.

Byrne

Waterloo
MUST..............................KILL...................................SIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides Ghosi, we figured it out together when we played OoT by taking turns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Byrne, actually I found it out remember? I was bored so I whipped out the ocarina, and played Zelda's lullaby. Then I yelled for you and showed it to you. So don't claim it was your idea Byrne.

The reason for that is because of diplomacy. Zelda's lullaby is the theme of the Royal Family of Hyrule. When the races hear it, they would imagine it is played by a messager who has delivered a message from the king or queen of Hyrule.

I must confess, though, when I had first learned about how the signs can be restored by playing Zelda's Lullaby in front of it, I just starting fun hacking and slashing the signs only to safely bring them back up to their original, undestroyed state. Zelda's theme, however, has been featured in just about every game since A Link to the Past, including Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Very much so. With one button representing all your action in the game... Including "attack" and "read" it is very much useful for them to have installed that safe guard so that when you do accidentally "kill" a sign you still have an opportunity to read it. Which I think is why they installed the safeguard in the first place. I mean it would be very inconvient to have to leave the area and come back. Just for a sign.

And boys its really childish to argue over who found it first... Seeing as there were people who figured this out over 10 years ago ;) When the game first came out. Good for you though in finding one of this games many 'secrets'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom