• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Zelda WiiU Tech Demo... What Do You Think?

R

Rupayan

So after playing and beating Skyward Sword, it got me thinking. After such a great game, what could they make to top it And then all of sudden, I remembered a section of the WiiU part of Nintendo's E3 trailer... After all the Skyward Sword stuff, I had kind of lost track of all the other Zelda things going on, but of course, Zelda always has lots of things going on. So here I go, clicking on Zelda WiiU... and voila! Tech Demo...

First impressions? HOLY **** THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah. So basically, one of my "complaints" (not really) about Skyward Sword is that after seeing TP graphics (which was meant for the GCN), I thought that SS graphics would be better and cleaner. But there were still those jagged edges and all that jazz. I mean it annoyed me at first, but I got used to it, so yeah. And now looking at this... This... wondrous version of Link...

Now, I'm a guy... But still... There's a part of me that's like a "fanboy" for link (isn't there a part like that in everyone...), and literally with the HD graphics and all that, I was seriously... Impressed. I never thought that Nintendo would ever be capable of impressive graphics, but with the WiiU graphics coming up and that stunning tech demo, I'm now looking really forward to this WiiU game... #alwayslookingforanewandimprovedzeldagame

Now I know you guys are going to say it's a tech demo, and the real game won't be like that, and I understand that it won't. But nonetheless, while the view wouldn't be panning in smooth arcs, and with nice quick zooms (as that wouldn't be plausible anyways for a game like Zelda), the overall graphics and surroundings should still be the same (hooray for no more jagged edges!).

So, I posted this in a feverish moment of fanboy madness... So tell me guys (and the girls who play zelda), what do you think? Impressions on the video? Also, what is your favorite part/aspect of the video. I really liked the use of light, and how navi had a whole luminescence around him (wait is Navi a him or her?)... Also, gotta love Link's new hair (while that probably won't be as viewable in the game). It's all shiny and wavy and glowing and stuff...

Hahahaha reading this over makes me laugh...

All I can say is that I would be 100% stoked if the kept those same graphics. If they could somehow recreate a OoT, MM or TP feel with the next game but brush up on some of the rougher edges, and throw in these super sexy graphics, oh man. I'd really like to see them go for a little bit more of a "hardcore" gamer approach with the next Zelda. SS was way too easy IMO, and you could clearly tell it was aimed at a casual audience.

All I can say is that I would be 100% stoked if the kept those same graphics. If they could somehow recreate a OoT, MM or TP feel with the next game but brush up on some of the rougher edges, and throw in these super sexy graphics, oh man. I'd really like to see them go for a little bit more of a "hardcore" gamer approach with the next Zelda. SS was way too easy IMO, and you could clearly tell it was aimed at a casual audience.

I totally agree with you. Those graphics are the future of Zelda.

The graphics looked great, but how will that affect the motion controls of the future games? I've heard that they plan on keeping the wii motion controls and if they do, you wouldn't be able to have such "detailed" graphics.

There is no arguing that the graphics in the demo were stunning, however I'd much rather them not do any more realistic Zelda titles. I dramatically prefer the cartoony graphics and would like to see them in the future instead of the graphics used in the demo. As far as the video itself goes, I really liked how they showed off the same scene with different lighting and angling. I thought it was peculiar that they decided to use Armogohma, the worst boss in Zelda history, in the scene, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

I really really really hope they're going to put in these graphics. I myself prefer a more darker and realistic art style. They can leave the cartoonish style for the DS

I really like the idea of Nintendo using the same style from the WiiU Tech Demo for the next game, it seems to fit perfectly for a balance between the usual Fantasy but would also work perfect for some more darker themes that could be in the game you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom