• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U - Taking Advantage Of Multiple Control Schemes or No?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Kay, done. Cfrock, I just have to agree with JuicieJ, you've closed of your mind just to make your point true. Let's apply the mic example on Gust Bellow. You would blow the mic on GamePad and press Z + A on Wii Mote, wow, problem solved. Making the game compatible with Wii Mote wouldn't limit GamePad features, If anything, It's the gamepad that could end up limiting Wii Mote, but JuicieJ idea to use the second analog stick to emulate motion controls seems good enough.

Ok, if I had closed my mind to other ideas then I wouldn't even bother reading these posts. I would have posted, left and then never bothered with this thread again. Instead I have read and understood what others have said. I simply do not agree. Seriously, disagreement is not the same as close-mindedness.

Yes, Z & A could be used to control a Gust Bellows, but when the whole point would be using your breath then it isn't an 'emulation', it's just something totally different. Something less engaging and less intuitive. You think that isn't an issue. I do. We differ. That's all. No one is closed off to other ideas. I am as closed off to using a stick to control the sword as you are to having only one option for control. Stop throwing around terms which don't apply.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, Z & A could be used to control a Gust Bellows, but when the whole point would be using your breath then it isn't an 'emulation', it's just something totally different. Something less engaging and less intuitive. You think that isn't an issue. I do. We differ. That's all. No one is closed off to other ideas. I am as closed off to using a stick to control the sword as you are to having only one option for control. Stop throwing around terms which don't apply.

Um... what's wrong with being slightly different? You want the GamePad's functions to be used, yet you shun it when an compromise is made? This doesn't make sense.

Ok, if I had closed my mind to other ideas then I wouldn't even bother reading these posts. I would have posted, left and then never bothered with this thread again. Instead I have read and understood what others have said. I simply do not agree. Seriously, disagreement is not the same as close-mindedness.

I'm not saying you closed your mind because you aren't agreeing with me, I'm saying that because you pretty much refuse to accept any other solution than the one you thought for multiple control schemes which didn't work and made you not support It.

If you want the GamePad experience, PLAY WITH GAMEPAD. Of course the experience will be different with Wii Mote and Pro Controller, they're different, you can't expect the control schemes to be exacly the same all delivering the same experience, that way one would end up limiting what you can do with the other.

Anyway, I take Wii U as an upgraded Wii and that It will do pretty much everything the Wii does and more. The next gen console will most likely have a different name (N64->Gamecube->Wii...) and that's when I'll expect Nintendo to quit the multiple control schemes.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Anyway, I take Wii U as an upgraded Wii and that It will do pretty much everything the Wii does and more. The next gen console will most likely have a different name (N64->Gamecube->Wii...) and that's when I'll expect Nintendo to quit the multiple control schemes.

I dunno. They seem to really like the Wii MotionPlus. They're actually carrying it over to the Wii U to use it for Wii U titles, not just because of backwards compatibility. I suppose it's possible they'll leave it behind with their next console, but I wouldn't bank on it just yet.

I dunno. They seem to really like the Wii MotionPlus. They're actually carrying it over to the Wii U to use it for Wii U titles, not just because of backwards compatibility. I suppose it's possible they'll leave it behind with their next console, but I wouldn't bank on it just yet.
At some point all those controlers will get messy. Unless they reuse the GamePad and Wii Mote for the next gen instead of creating a new one we can expect the support to one of those controlers to get dropped, I'd say that one will be the Wii Mote. Anyway, I expect this gen to last very long, Crysis 3 will be the first game to fully use PS3 potential. It took people more than 6 years to do that. 6 YEARS. Wii U will probably take as long, If not longer. And those game companies have to face the fact that very realistic graphics is just too time consuming and gets in the way of developing a better gameplay, which will probably make It take even longer for us to see Wii U full potential and extend It's life.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
At some point all those controlers will get messy. Unless they reuse the GamePad and Wii Mote for the next gen instead of creating a new one we can expect the support to one of those controlers to get dropped, I'd say that one will be the Wii Mote. Anyway, I expect this gen to last very long, Crysis 3 will be the first game to fully use PS3 potential. It took people more than 6 years to do that. 6 YEARS. Wii U will probably take as long, If not longer. And those game companies have to face the fact that very realistic graphics is just too time consuming and gets in the way of developing a better gameplay, which will probably make It take even longer for us to see Wii U full potential and extend It's life.

I still don't think they'll leave motion controls themselves behind. Could be they'll make a better motion controller, who knows?

Sincerely, Nintendo could go on forever with Wii Mote + Game Pad but since they like to inovate so much It's very possible we'll be getting a new controler next gen and at some point It will just be too hard to keep up with multiple control schemes. I really think this gen will last a whole decade and If that's the case, we'll be using Wii Mote for 16~17 years, that's long enough don't you think? It's not that I don't like Wii Mote, but I just can't see Nintendo reusing It too much.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Sincerely, Nintendo could go on forever with Wii Mote + Game Pad but since they like to inovate so much It's very possible we'll be getting a new controler next gen and at some point It will just be too hard to keep up with multiple control schemes. I really think this gen will last a whole decade and If that's the case, we'll be using Wii Mote for 16~17 years, that's long enough don't you think? It's not that I don't like Wii Mote, but I just can't see Nintendo reusing It too much.

Like I said, could be that they'll make a better motion controller. Of course, there's always the eventual coming of virtual reality, so...

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
snes-controller.jpg

I miss you. Call me.

Whatever they choose, I just hope it's not a muddled mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom