• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U At E3 2014

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There have been tons of rumours and speculation alike discussing just when the next Zelda title for Wii U will be announced. Well it looks like we might have our answer.

In a recent interview Anouma was questioned about the title currently known as Zelda Wii U in which he replied: "We'll see more at E3 2014 ".

He's still remaining silent on the game itself but it looks like we now have some sort of confirmation. I think it was likely that we would be seeing this title at next year's E3 anyway but it's still nice to hear some reassurance from Anouma himself.

So what do you guys think about this? Is E3 2014 too long to wait till the initial announcement? Or do you think we'll get a surprise announcement beforehand?

Salem

SICK
If Zelda ALBW is as good as a game as it's shaping up to be, then I really won't mind the wait.:)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To be honest, I can't say I wasn't expecting this. Even still, it is nice to finally receive some sort of confirmation; though, E3 2014 is still a long way away.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I think most people were expecting a new Zelda to show up at next year's E3, so this hardly comes as a surprise. But it's nice to know, nevertheless. To be honest, I think some people were a bit disappointed that we didn't see it at the last E3, but that was really more wishful thinking.

I don't think E3 is too far off for an announcement. We all knew a Zelda game would be coming out for the Wii U eventually. An actual announcement is nothing more than a formality at this point. Granted, many people like to know as much as possible about the games before they are released and for them it might be a long time, but I already know that I will buy Zelda for the Wii U no matter what, so pre-release material really isn't important to me at all. A release date is all I care about because I was sold on the game when they announced the Wii U. They don't have to get me interested with trailers and screenshots beforehand.

I do think there is a chance an initial announcement will be made before E3. A Link Between Worlds was first unveiled in a Nintendo Direct a few months ahead of E3, with a gameplay trailer and all, so why not Zelda U?. While a console Zelda in full HD would much better suit an announcement at a major event like E3, I think there is a possibility that the game will be intially confirmed in another Direct, perhaps with a teaser trailer, to get people excited for a full reveal at E3. Of course, if Nintendo decide to forego an actual conference, as they did this year, then I would think the chances of a pre-E3 announcement would increase. I won't say I expect an earlier announcement, just that I believe there is a possibility of one.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Not too big a surprise, really. At least it's definite confirmation and something to look forward to. Can't say I'm not disappointed that we likely won't see much, if anything, until June of next year.

Salem

SICK
Honestly, I think it's better this way, ALBW is gonna get released soon, everyone has something else to get exited about, I mean E3 is about 7 months or so after ALBW's release date, that will give the game time to be discussed about and such to keep out mind of the Wii U Zelda.

There have been tons of rumours and speculation alike discussing just when the next Zelda title for Wii U will be announced. Well it looks like we might have our answer.

In a recent interview Anouma was questioned about the title currently known as Zelda Wii U in which he replied: "We'll see more at E3 2014 ".

He's still remaining silent on the game itself but it looks like we now have some sort of confirmation. I think it was likely that we would be seeing this title at next year's E3 anyway but it's still nice to hear some reassurance from Anouma himself.

So what do you guys think about this? Is E3 2014 too long to wait till the initial announcement? Or do you think we'll get a surprise announcement beforehand?

Well, I think we'll get a major Nintendo Direct in November 2013, Jan 2014, April 2014 and, of course E3 2014. I bet we'll get a very small teaser in November, a small trailer in January, (5 whole months for hype to build to extreme levels!) and a full trailer at E3 for a late November 2014 release date.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
KypfCxl.gif

I can't wait for anything related to Zelda U!

They'll wait until e3 for sure, but I have a theory on Zelda and e3 2014.

Zelda U will be shown, Hyrule Warriors will be too... but then i think nintendo are going to reveal MM3D.

Makes sense with the amount of MM references in ALBW, i think nintendo are planning to make e3 2014 rather Zelda centred. They'll need something since Mario Kart will be out before e3 itself. so another big title like Zelda will fill the void nicely, but keeping that theme going into the 3DS realm would sound like a safe and smart move.

Fig

The Altruist
Oooh I can't wait to see what Nintendo will show off at E3 this year in terms of Zelda. I'm very certain Hyrule Warriors is going to be focused more and probably will get a name change. As for Zelda U, Mr. Aonuma has previously stated that he will talk about Zelda U at E3 back when he was talking about A Link Between Worlds at the New York Comic Con. I really hope that Wii U Gamepad will be utilized to its greatest potential for a game such as Zelda U.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Once we get the first trailer, some screen shots/concept artwork and some quotes about the game then I think that I will be happy to get no more information until I buy the system and game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I got my Wii U now, so im plenty ready for some sort of announcement. I'm still working on WWHD at the moment, so i have something to keep me busy, among other games i got for the system. But yeah Some Zelda news to get me excited is very welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom