• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii Might Be a FPS

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Makes me think that it would just be an Oblivion rip off if it was made into a FPS. Zelda needs to stick to its roots.

S

Seanileus

"It would be easier for us developers as we do not have to let Link change weapons all the time."
That would just be ****ing lazy!

Ikana

Trollkastel
Oh I hope they don't do that if they did you wouldn't see me playing that game.Link without a sword I highly doubt they would do that.

CZG

As an official Zeld atitle, I'd say no.
But as a spin-off, yes maybe. I totally love every shooting gallery that was in FP.
And I personally think that there were some good shooters available from time to time.
Goldeneye on the N64 was great in my opinion.

Of course, they should try to keep that fanatsy setting intact. No guns, but bows and arrows, crossbows, hookshots, boomerangs, even bombs. It could worlk. They have the skills and the experience to make something fun out of this...

T

Tily

Lol, the next Zelda game will not have Link without a sword. Though then again,
it's a bit late for em to say this, because it's already been confirmed that Link will
have a sword and it will be the one in the picture with the girl. :P

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Miyamoto would never allow Zelda to turn into a FPS. Link will always have a sword in any Zelda game.(except for Link's Crossbow shooting, and maybe a few others.) There was a reason that Link didn't have that sword in the artwork for Zelda Wii. The reason that'd that I've heard of the most is because the girl is the Master Sword. If she was the Master Sword, and she was standing right in front of him, you wouldn't see the Master Sword in his hand. I really shouldn't of needed to type all of that.

My point: There's a reason Link doesn't have a sword in the artwork and the Zelda series will never turn into a FPS.

That was easy.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Miyamoto would never allow Zelda to turn into a FPS. Link will always have a sword in any Zelda game.(except for Link's Crossbow shooting, and maybe a few others.) There was a reason that Link didn't have that sword in the artwork for Zelda Wii. The reason that'd that I've heard of the most is because the girl is the Master Sword. If she was the Master Sword, and she was standing right in front of him, you wouldn't see the Master Sword in his hand. I really shouldn't of needed to type all of that.

My point: There's a reason Link doesn't have a sword in the artwork and the Zelda series will never turn into a FPS.

That was easy.

There are many fan made screen shots of how Zelda Wii will become an FPS game. As you stated Miyamoto would never allow the love and legend of the game to change. I honestly believe that even though some of the Zelda games that were not as involved as, let's just say,
Spirit Tracks or Ocarina of Time, then Miyamoto would never allow FPS. Link's Crossbow Training focused more on practicing Link's bow and his shooting. Normal games are involved with dungeons and whatnot. Whether or not Link had a sword, it doesn't necessarily prove that the game will be FPS. As many people have compared to the odd girl in the picture, she looks like the Master Sword in many ways. She is also compared to looking similar to the Fairy Queen in The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker. There are many comparisons and many similarities. The picture that was released just gave everyone the thought to hold that Miyamoto and Nintendo were releasing a new game in the next year or so for the Wii. Even though the pictures phenomenally fantastic, it was probably rushed and there was probably not a lot put into it, so nothing was given away.

For this, we can assume the following:
1. This is absolutely not going to be an FPS game.
2. Link may not have a sword in the beginning of the game as has been the case in many of the Legend of Zelda games.
3. The strange girl may be linked to the Master Sword.
4. MIYAMOTO WOULD NEVER ALLOW AND FPS GAME!
5. As said: There is a reason Link has no sword

View attachment 2406

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It is funny to see how fans are taking their conclusions already. Please folks be more patient till you know more. Indeed the girl on the pic looks like the sword itself. Still I am curious. And sometiems a game needs a change to continue being as great as it was but In highly doubt Miyamoto will make huge changes because Zelda's big success is because of the current formula. For now I'm more curious what this Game will be. As soon as there's a trailer we will know more for certain and if the Game is worth to buy.

K

Kell

Are you being Serious, There is no way that Miyamoto would make a Zelda game where you did not have a sword, It would be like making a Mario game where he could not jump
View attachment 2458

or a Metriod game with no Arm Cannon
View attachment 2456

and finally a Starfox games without space fighters in it.
View attachment 2457
I just thought I'd make a few interesting points here. lol

M

Mehzmerize

They did come out with a LoZ game for the wii called "Link's Crossbow Training" its completely ******** all you do is run around and shoot things with a crossbow, no one considers it to be an actual part of the Zelda series. It has no plot line. This may be what the interview you read was referring to.

octorok74

TETTAC
Zelda as an FPS. Hmmm. This is actually very interesting. I don't like the idea of a whole game being in FPS format, but if the crossbow makes a comeback as an item, I think this may be a very exciting game.

Austin

Austin
It has been confirmed the use of the master sword (not by nintendo, but a good source). If not that, there is a shield in the concept art. There would be no point in a FPS with a shield. Secondly, look at Final Fantasy, they did an FPS, and it did horrible compare to other FF games. Thirdly, it would anger many Zelda fans and hurt sales.

Are you being Serious, There is no way that Miyamoto would make a Zelda game where you did not have a sword, It would be like making a Mario game where he could not jump or a Metriod game with no Arm Cannon and finally a Starfox games without space fighters in it.
Star_Fox_Adventures_cover.jpg

Funny you should mention that...

Sorry, not trying to make a point. Just thought that was funny.

And yeah.. Zelda without a sword would be ridiculous.

Linky

King of Twilight
No way!:mad: That would destroy Zelda complety it wouldn't even be Zelda anymore save all the FPS for 360 and PS3 and I hate the wii zaper.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, I guess it depends on how they make it. As long as Link still has hearts and can use items other than Arrows, it will be good.

It would make sense that they put us through Link's Crossbow Training if that's what they're planning, though.

I have to admit, I do like the Metroid Prime series because it feels a lot like a Zelda game... so there's a chance I would at least take a look at it. All they'd have to do is take the Metroid Prime engine, replace Samus with Link, the health bar with a heart bar, the blaster with a crossbow, and you'd have something resembling a Zelda game.

I'll give it a chance no matter what. After all, many people didn't give Wind Waker a chance because of the cel-shading, and it was actually a really good game. And if it's anything like Metroid Prime, I probably will like it.

I wouldn't blame the developers for making a ranged weapon the primary weapon in future Wii games. Ranged weapons are the only thing that feels intuitive with Wii controls. The Wiimote is the perfect interface for an FPS if there ever was one. You just point at the screen and pull the trigger (press the B button). If I blame anything for Zelda being made into an FPS game, it will be the Wii designers rather than the Zelda programmers. Because that darned Wiimote works better with FPS than anything else. My first thought when I looked at it was "This is an updated NES Zapper... okay, great joke. Now where's my REAL controller?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom