• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii Essentials!

N

Notorious NATE

1. I want all the standard weapons (bow and arrow, sword, boomerang) and a whip like in Spirit Tracks.
2. I want an awesome villain
3. I want Epona the horse
4. I DO NOT WANT something repetitive and boring like the Tears of Light. I hated that because it was so repetitive and lame.
5. I do not want Link to change into a Wolf, I didn't like that either. I would rather play as Link, not a dog.
6. I want a big civilized town that can be explored like Hyrule and another town or something with side quests.
7. I want Gorons because they're cool.
8. I want a good interesting map.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
-Magic Meter
-Standard Items
-New Items
-Master Sword
-Ganondorf (I like the man better than the beast)
-Best Wii Graphics as of yet
-More Sidequests
-Better Sidequests
-Huge Overworlds
-Decent-length Dungeons

I dunno. I might think of some more later.

Thx for takin all my ideas. Im kidding but this is exactly what a new game needs except it also needs Navi

Megamannt125

Blue Link
1. Difficulty settings, this is a must, so newcomers and pros can both be happy.

2. Sidequests, and I don't mean the usual "collect a number of these" I mean great sidequests like in MM, those kinds of sidequests keep me playing.

3. Different Tunics, give me a blue tunic, and i'll be a happy Zelda fan.

4. Hard bosses, bosses are easy in EVERY 3D Zelda game, if bosses could have difficulty like ALTTP, that'd be wonderful, then the faries they give you at the entrance of the boss door would be useful.

5. Lots of items, not just items that you get in dungeons, one of the main things I liked about ALTTP is the variety of items you could find in different places, it makes the game last longer.

6. Characters with personality, another thing I loved about MM is that each and every character had their own story to tell, and weren't just background NPC's, i'd love to see that again.

7. A vast world with lots of exploration, one of the only things I truly enjoyed about TP was it's huge overworld, I however think they didn't push that large overworld to it's full potential, they could've done alot more, maybe put in more people, people don't JUST have to live in towns and hyrule castle town, similar to that of FSA, where there were all sorts of people living everywhere.

8. Original Music, I love remixes and all, but Zelda is in need of some original music.

9. Gorgeous Graphics, ever since Miyamoto talked about getting good graphics for this game I have been imagining it, amazing graphics would only enhance the Zelda experience to full potential.

10. Items that are useful not only once, too many times in Zelda games you get an item, use it once, then never use it again, I hate that.

11. And finally, new dungeon puzzles, Nintendo uses the same exact puzzles so much, it takes away from the challenge for pro Zelda fans like me.

Last edited:
Link could have a violin!

It would be awesome!

If Zelda WII is using dual wiimotes, or even just wiimote/nunchuck, there could be four or five sections along the neck of teh violin, and moving the remote up and down, and across would make the noise. You could take the bow off of it by releasing the B button.

What do you guys think?

Link could have a violin!

It would be awesome!

If Zelda WII is using dual wiimotes, or even just wiimote/nunchuck, there could be four or five sections along the neck of teh violin, and moving the remote up and down, and across would make the noise. You could take the bow off of it by releasing the B button.

What do you guys think?

Already done, sort of... (in Link's Awakening)

1013265511-00.jpg

As for my list...

- Sword beam
- New land
- Old items
- Original music

M

Mute9

-Firstly, an updated engine would be nice. Whether that means more realistic, or more stylized, I don't care.
-A lengthy adventure. As robust or more so than Twilight Princess (50+ hours).
-More original environments. As cool as Gorons and Zoras are, we've seen them and their habitats plenty.
-A challenge level equal to or greater Than TP's.
-Classic overworld, akin to ALttP/OoT/TP, but much larger and more varied. Perhaps multiple means of transportation across the region would be cool.
-Massive or at least time-consuming dungeons, like in TP.
-A Death Mountain area that isn't a linear pathway to the summit.
-Maybe a Dark + Light World system again, like in ALttP?
-Clever item uses, clever puzzles, clever motion control implementation.
-Dynamic, interactive, sidequest-rich world.
-Great music.

In a nutshell, a combination between Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, and A Link to the Past. With originality. =O

-Items: Musical Instrument, Hookshot, Bombs, Bombchus, Biggorons sword, (they should really bring that back) ect.
-A huge hyrule field like in twilight princess but bigger
-Majora should come back
-More sidequests
-No water temples:)

Z

zachh ezman

the new zelda needs
a fairy over links back
lots of hard long dungeons earth/water/fire/desert/ice/graveyard/wind/stone
some new weapons
new magic powers like in oot and phg
a vast new hyrule with a forest/desert/ ice n fire mountians/ graveyard, lakes/ocean,
a dark night who taches new sowrd trix
GANNON n GANNONDORF , DARK LINK
a horse, an owl, and wolf
zombiez and more
and a new graphic art some different than any othe video game look

D

Dirty Link

orchestrated music
a very veyr very hard game
and a very very very dark plot
oh and no midna type sidekick. I dont care about her backstory and twili crap it seemed so stupid to me

I'm really hopeful for Zelda Wii 2. There are tons of things they could improve upon in it, namely;

- More expansive overworld. I'd like to see the entire continent in which the game takes place.

- Magic Meter and Spells. That one's a no-brainer. We haven't had any really cool magic since ALttP, if you ask me.

- Lots of side-quests with more interesting rewards. Kind of like MM did, except most of the masks were useless in that. I'm talking about getting totally new items through side-quests. For example, the Ice Rod in ALttP; that was awesome.

- Better graphics. Not totally necessary, but it would be nice.

- Only four heart pieces needed to make a heart container. In TP, needing more heart pieces made room for more side-quests, but it got annoying taking lots of time off of the main quest when you knew all you'd be getting was more health.

- More challenging combat/puzzles. The past few games have just not satisfied me in terms of difficulty. It saddens me how easy it is to beat a temple in ST/PH in just one sitting, and TP, while having some tough puzzles, had no challenging combat whatsoever. With Motion Plus being included, I'm hoping that we'll get some very satisfying sword fights (how epic would a Dark Link battle be if you had total control over the sword?).

- Orchestrated music. Brawl did it. Mario Galaxy too. So why not Zelda?

That's just about it. I'm expecting a lot, I know.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Jump

It needs a jump button.

This may seem non-essential...maybe it is. But if you ask me, with the addition of flying and motion plus functionality there is going to be a strong sense of freedom of motion. Jumping would complete this.

Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! :)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Hey! I suggested this too in my thread stub "The Little Things"...check it out. I think it is a good idea and I think there are some other things that could be done with motion plus.

T

Twilight One

Hello all, I think that next game really should have many things to implement!

-I know people around here love big overworld, I do too but it has to be filled with interesting things everywhere!

- No narrow paths! In TP you had the impression the Field was big, but it was only bubbles intertwined with narrow paths to hide loadings... Make a field that won't have these. Now that they'll use wii to its full potential, just make a place where you don't have to be constrained by anything, just make a continent I can walk everywhere I want... In Zelda, often much of the scenery is unreachable, giving the impression of a grand world... They need to destroy those borders and make everything open! The Overworld should be free roaming. Make it a continent if you wish and set the invisible walls off shore! I don't want stupid cliffs that constrain me, or at least minimally.

-More towns in the overworld. I mean you should get inside the towns with Epona for example without loading screens... Make the people and stuff load in the backgroud while I'm coming to the town. Remeber in Oot, you had 3 loading places to get in/out of kakariko and two for Castle Town... That's not enough, towns should be open. There should be at least as much towns that were in AoL. I mean how can you dare call Hyrule a Kingdom when there are only two human (main race) settlements and the population is not over 150 (I'm very generous there)?? They should have 'Clock Town' or 'Windfall Island' equal interesting towns in the World, like 7-9 of them!

- An actual economy! Like when you go to a shop, they should have finite amounts of such goods, when they're out, they sell at a higher price! Theye could be merchants who go around and refurnish stores. And they would make sidequests for you to protect the shipment, and thus have better prices...

- A calendar like MM, not a 3 days scale but let's say a week? It would repeat itself, not end after 7 days... and people would have a life, be someplace at which time and all that can happen with a little imagination. MM was the most engaging Zelda game to me! I was even more engaged to save Anju and Kafei's marriage that I forgot about the Moon falling, all thanks to a schedule that could allow these kind of elaborate side quests! There could be weekly, bi weekly or random events... Like you're in Castle Town, and you see that on wednesday, Barne's bombs are half the price...

- Atmospheric effects, have random days where there would be rain, that would spawn different enemies and make you slower, shrinking your sight and such...

-Multiplayer, don't kill me but Multi would be awesome! Here's my idea about it:
Horse Race: you come to some place in the world, in a town... you enter the stables and are asked to bet and participate in races. Cash 10 rupees, then you can play against other players, you choose your character and horse and you race around Hyrule Field, the winner gets the pot! That would add much replay value to me!
Capture the Flag: Okay I know this is a Zelda game but imagine they set 4 players in a dungeon, you choose your character then play the game, I think this could be fun...
Deathmatch: Same as the above, Imagine Zelda, Link and Ganondorf, plus say a Gerudo thief all hacking and slashing at others in a game environment, the last one standing wins. You lose when your hearts are depleted.
Crossbow Training: Kind of like the game, you pick a character and compete for the the most points...

Zelda is so much fun in Singleplayer, if it made multiplayer engaging, that would keep me playing long after I finish the game.

- Play as Zelda, why is it called the Legend of Zelda? Let me control her and Sheik! They kick butt in Super Smash Bros, why not trying the same in here? Let's say we save the Princess early then HUGE STORY change, there's a much more engaging story that unfolds, you have to team up with her, or at least change characters at points to finish the game. Who would love hand to hand combat with sheik?

- Dungeons, they should be elaborate and extremely long, I don't care if there are 3-4 in place of 9, they have to be rich and deep. If they can make 9 dungeons like that, go for it! Linearity is a pain in recent Zelda games, they should make Dungeons non-linear. Like you can beat most of it the first time, or you can go to the second and third, get items and come back for a different apprach. Dungeons should have replay value, more than one mini boss, even maybe more than one Boss, there should be places off limit you can only open much later in the game with a certain item. Those areas should contain valuable treasure and stuff. Like a new armor part or a new item not essential for the game but that could help in some way!

- More customization. I want more tunics and boots, get the vibe from Ocarina, don't make them all a different power, but some decorative armor is great to customize our hero.

- Magic Meter, there has to be magic spells, get at least 5 of them plus the elemental arrows, the ether, bombos and stuff.

- Different activities! It would be cool if they did make, like, Snowboarding better. You could get more than one track and different boards, maybe even make that a multiplayer game mode. They could make new also, like surf on the seashore. You ride the wave collecting rupees and try not to get hit by electric eels and swallowed by Like Likes! Horse Races. Zoran Swimming contests... Fishing, make different ponds and areas where we can go, on seashore, make a pier with a boat I can jump onto and sail near fish! You get the idea!

I think that's all for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom