• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Wii Essentials!

Kazumi

chagy
Welcome to the thread where we discuss what NEEDS to be in Zelda Wii. Now I'm sure we all have some things that we really want to see in the game, but think logically, will Nintendo really put in say.. Combining items? They are not smart enough to do that.

So that aside, what do you think absolutely has to be in Zelda Wii? You can name anything from past games that is extremely important and needs to stay, or you can suggest new things that REALLY have to be in it to get your money. Even though you will most likely get it anyway..

Let me rephrase that. Would does it need to get someone else money. Maybe someone who isn't big enough of a Zelda fan to sit on some forums day and night, or buy absolutely every game no matter what. What does it have to have so that it will sell well, in your opinion?

In my opinion it needs:

-All of the standard items. (IE, bombs, bow, boomerang)
-A very beautiful, highly detailed, natural, and lush overworld. Packed full of sidequests and extras.
-Two or more large structured town centres, somewhat like Clock Town.
-At least nine dungeons, with possibly an optional one.
-Deep characters and plot
-At least one or two original ideas.

Am I asking for to much? Anyway. What is your say about this?

E

Enraikou

it must have side-quests like in OoT that got gold skulltulas , must have an instrument (what kind of instrument?) and increase the difficult of finding heart pieces and that all...

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
it must have side-quests like in OoT that got gold skulltulas , must have an instrument (what kind of instrument?) and increase the difficult of finding heart pieces and that all...
I don't mind finding skulltulas and poes but the rewards just have to be better this time! And I don't care about the instruments, as long as there is music or some sort of way to play music like they did with the wolf and the leaves on the ground.

I

Ignis

I would love the return of the Golden Skulltulas. There should be a better reward, though.

I also want something that's been absent since MM: Replayable dungeons. It's such a pain to start a new game and take forever to get to your favorite dungeon or temple.

Zarom

The King
I don't really want to see the Golden Skulltulas back... :dry:

But it sure needs a new instrument. I don't want to see the Ocarina again, nor the Wind Waker. The howl with the wolf in TP was a good idea, but we didn't use it a lot and when we wanted... :)

There has to be new items, as well as classic ones. I think there should be new uses for some of the old items. Like in TP with the Bomb Arrows, Water Bombs, Gale Boomerang, etc.

At least two big towns like Clock Town or Windfall Island. (Hyrule Castle Town is not deep enough. >.<) And a lot of sidequests. ;)

The Magic Meter HAS to be back. Absolutely. I was disapointed because there was non at all in TP. D:

dumb180

Warrior Postman
-The magic meter along with a few neat spells. It's absence in TP was kind of a letdown.

-Sidequests that aren't essential to completion of the game. I like to do these after completion along with the heartpieces, adds some replay value in.

-Something similar to the skullatas in OoT or even the bugs in TP. Hunting is fun. :D

-Of course, all the secret nooks and crannies we've become accustomed to in Zelda games. Also gives replay value.

I DEMAND the most impressive visuals on the Wii. Yeah, Galaxy looks pretty, and Brawl has the best so far, but they really need to break away with Zelda Wii. I'm talking about super detailed environments, no ugly textures, very fancy character designs, as well as enemy and villain designs. I know that Zelda has never really offered the best visuals, but I really think that ground breaking the Wii would make this game great. Like, pushing it to the very minute. Heck, I wouldn't mind long loading screens even if it truly looked as good as I would want it to. Also, I would like the return of some oldie items. Namely the ALttP medallions. I mean really, how cool would that be? And it would really pack a strong nostalgia feeling for oldie fans that could really maximize the enjoyment of the game.

I would like the option to switch between the Nunchuk and Gamecube. I just don't think two separate games is neccessary. Also I think they should have item combos. But more diversity in them. Remember the crazy combos from Kirby 64? I want those. Arrows and sword would make for a really weird combo. Also like Verg-go-a-go-go, I want oldie items. The medallions would be cool, but I think I want the tomahawk, those three magic attacks from OoT, and dare I say... replacing the Master sword with the magic sword? What about the spells from AoL? Those were awesome. I want them back. But the one thing I want from Zelda Wii is... no relationship to any of the other zelda games besides Link, the items, Princess Zelda, and Gannon. Speaking of Gannon, I want him back to his standard pig form. The warlock form is cool, but Vaati is much better at that. Lastly, engrish. For those of you who don't know, engrish is when you translate something in Japanese to English. Example:
1:I'm sorry, but I don't know anything.
2:ごめんね。私は何も知っている。
3:I'm sorry. I know nothing.
That was in AoL. It's timeless. I don't care what you say, I love it.

-Magic Meter
-Standard Items
-New Items
-Master Sword
-Ganondorf (I like the man better than the beast)
-Best Wii Graphics as of yet
-More Sidequests
-Better Sidequests
-Huge Overworlds
-Decent-length Dungeons

I dunno. I might think of some more later.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
-Link
-Zelda
-Triforce

It wouldn't be Zelda without them ;)

but in all seriousness, the Magic Metern needs to return.
along with:
-all standard items (as said before)
-Octoroks
-at least one new item or ability
-more life (like in Castle town there were people who had no purpose just walking along...I cant stand walking int what is supposed to be a thriving metropolis and its practically dead...ugh)
-Navi (or some other fairy)
-Great faries (that superpower link like in OoT/MM)

yes, that would make a perfect Zelda, if i do say so myself ;)

N

nesplayer1985

Zelda needs to be Edgier, Darker, Meaner. A little blood maybe? Enemies parts laying on the floor after slicing them with the sword? Finishing moves? Having to learn new fighting techniques along the way. Hey why not have him fight with his hands and legs like UFC before he gets ahold of weapons. Having the help and control of side kicks like the movie Beast Master. Link's use of a horse and hawk was good but so much more can be done. I think that would make the game GREAT! Something old and something new. Something not done yet in the zelda series.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I DEMAND the most impressive visuals on the Wii. Yeah, Galaxy looks pretty, and Brawl has the best so far, but they really need to break away with Zelda Wii. I'm talking about super detailed environments, no ugly textures, very fancy character designs, as well as enemy and villain designs. I know that Zelda has never really offered the best visuals, but I really think that ground breaking the Wii would make this game great. Like, pushing it to the very minute. Heck, I wouldn't mind long loading screens even if it truly looked as good as I would want it to. Also, I would like the return of some oldie items. Namely the ALttP medallions. I mean really, how cool would that be? And it would really pack a strong nostalgia feeling for oldie fans that could really maximize the enjoyment of the game.
I agree on your point. Yeah, Galaxy etc. looks all good but I haven't seen many games that have realistic graphics that is only on the wii and nothing else (for example resident evil doesn't count because it is on other systems) so it would be good to have a realistic looking game for the wii. :)

But I would mind with the loading screens. I mean, a second is alright (they already have those in TP just without actually saying "Loading", just a blank screen) but a long loading screen will get annoying. You will be going many places where a loading screen will be needed so nintendo, please make the graphics the best quality without having it to lag!

S

skynet136

there shoud be a starting sword a master sword and and optional side quest sword like in oot, diffrent tunics like in oot and lots of boots like in oot kuz the hover boots were the best, lots of optinal sidequest items that have uses and you should be able to download sidequests and stuff from the wii shop or somethin

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
-All of the standard items. (IE, bombs, bow, boomerang)

This is true.:nod:

-A very beautiful, highly detailed, natural, and lush overworld. Packed full of sidequests and extras.

Yep that's true. That's why I loved Hyrule Field in TP so much compared to Hyrule Field in OoT. In TP there's tons to do from collecting Bugs to finding Heart Pieces and getting hidden rupees. In OoT there's just one Heart Piece, one or two Gold Skultulas, and ten hard as Hell to kill Big Poes.

-Two or more large structured town centres, somewhat like Clock Town.

Agreed we need more towns like Hyrule Castle Town or Clock Town. It's just so simple.

-At least nine dungeons, with possibly an optional one.

YES FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES ON OPTIONAL DUNGEONS!! And yes we do need at least 9 dungeons. Tons of dungeons means less Heart Pieces to find!:)

-Deep characters and plot

Yep most of the characters in all the Zeldas so far have been quite lacking with the acception of some such as Colin from TP, Tetra/Zelda from WW, and KoRL from WW. And a deep plot would be cool too in addition to a feeling of darkness like in TP and MM (although not quite as dark as MM).

-At least one or two original ideas.

We need not worry about as every single Zelda game has had something new. In OoT it was several things like timetravel, 3-D graphics, and an assistant that follows you into the dungeons (annoying though Navi was). In TP it was the Wolf/Hylian thing and the Twilight. In WW it was sailing. In AoL it was all 2-D sidescrolling. In ALttP it was the Dark World/Light World thing and so onn and so forth. Nintendo is almost guarenteed to bring something new to the Zelda series in ZXV.

Other than that it needs to be more difficult, new items (which are used commonly outside the dungeons they are used in), and the Four Sword with single playerness (like it was with Minish Cap).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom