• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Zelda U's story connected to TP

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
"Aonuma: While making the latest title for The Legend of Zelda, when I look at this remake, I feel like this is the origin point of the new title we’re making right now. After playing this game you may have some “Oh I see!” moments when playing the [upcoming] new game, so I’ll be glad if you play Twilight Princess HD while waiting in anticipation for the latest title of Legend of Zelda.

Famitsu: So I heard that the save data for this game that’s saved in the Wolf Link amiibo has some connections to the [upcoming] newest Legend of Zelda…

Aonuma: It’s not the save data itself, but “Part of the data saved in the Wolf Link amiibo can be brought over and used in the new title too”. For some people, when they play the new title, they might feel the urge to play Twilight Princess HD one more time."

This is an interesting interview with Aounuma. From what he is saying it sounds as though this game could be connected to TP's story.

I am going to guess this will finally be the game showing the interlopers. The Manga appeared to show one though it has not been translated yet so that is not a certainty. So perhaps a pre OOT placement for Zelda U.

The other alternative is a sequel to TP but I would really like to see that backstory of the interlopers explored.

What do you make of the quotes and does this affect where you think the game might be placed in the timeline?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
First, I think this would belong better in the Zelda U forum.

As for the connectivity. I think it will take place after TP. That's just what my gut tells me.

D

Deleted member 14134

I really enjoyed seeing all the references to OOT while playing through Twilight Princess. I think it would be interesting to see Zelda U to do the same thing but instead reference both OOT and TP. Maybe it could even be in the near future where several TP characters are still alive (who wouldn't want to see a badass old bearded Link interact with the new one).

Do you think the game would take place before or after OoT? If it involves the interlopers I suppose it would have to be before but there are also many post OoT questions that I would like to see answered such as the fate of the Kokori, the surviving gerudo and who lived in snowpeak ruins for example. Either way, I'd love to see Zelda U to expand on the lore of TP and OoT as they are my 2 favorite games in the series and I enjoy the lore involving each one.

I really enjoyed seeing all the references to OOT while playing through Twilight Princess. I think it would be interesting to see Zelda U to do the same thing but instead reference both OOT and TP. Maybe it could even be in the near future where several TP characters are still alive (who wouldn't want to see a badass old bearded Link interact with the new one).

Do you think the game would take place before or after OoT? If it involves the interlopers I suppose it would have to be before but there are also many post OoT questions that I would like to see answered such as the fate of the Kokori, the surviving gerudo and who lived in snowpeak ruins for example. Either way, I'd love to see Zelda U to expand on the lore of TP and OoT as they are my 2 favorite games in the series and I enjoy the lore involving each one.
Good ideas. Only problem is there can't be two links of the world as we know it will come undone.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I'd say before OOT if it involves the interlopers.
It could be a sequel and involve the Hero of Time before he became the shade. Many characters in TP speak of the great hero so although his defeat of Ganondorf and averting the course of history for Hyrule went unknown his other as of yet unknown deeds were obviously grand enough to warrant being remembered.

We have a game set after TP and we know the fate of the Gerudo after as they are in FSA. I don't like the game and I don't think the four sword games should be in the main series anyway. They all seem just forced in the timeline rather than having a proper place.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'd say before OOT if it involves the interlopers.
It could be a sequel and involve the Hero of Time before he became the shade. Many characters in TP speak of the great hero so although his defeat of Ganondorf and averting the course of history for Hyrule went unknown his other as of yet unknown deeds were obviously grand enough to warrant being remembered.

We have a game set after TP and we know the fate of the Gerudo after as they are in FSA. I don't like the game and I don't think the four sword games should be in the main series anyway. They all seem just forced in the timeline rather than having a proper place.
I never thought of it like this, it would be extremely cool to play as a grown up Link from OoT. As for the Gerudo, what happened to them after OoT? I've read in some places that they may of been hunted down but I can't find any solid evidence. You're probably more well read than I am as I just started reading abit more into Zelda lore.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I never thought of it like this, it would be extremely cool to play as a grown up Link from OoT. As for the Gerudo, what happened to them after OoT? I've read in some places that they may of been hunted down but I can't find any solid evidence. You're probably more well read than I am as I just started reading abit more into Zelda lore.

There is no real evidence as to where they went. They were around in FSA which is the next game on from TP in that timeline branch and there doesnt seem to be any explanation as to why they popped back up.

Hyrule is likely a bigger place than is shown in the games so the Gerudo could still be around in the desert region in TP yet just in a part that is not accessible. Ordon is described by Renado as being far away in TP yet it takes a few minutes to get there. Not what I would consider far. This would further suggest that although intended to be a bigger land it was just not technically feasible to make it so huge on the Wii.

D

Deleted member 81859

I HAVE ASCENDED

THIS NEWS BREATHES NEW LIFE INTO ME

This is kinda weird because since its reveal I have kept having dreams about our ponytail bae meeting Queen Midna or seeing him with Twili markings on his skin. Not even joking.
Is it possible that the Twili could return in some way?

Another thing I thought about was a similar plot set up, with Link racing across Hyrule to save loved ones.
I immediately compared Ordan to the little farming set-up shown in the reveal. Will Zelda U Link be another farm boy flung into heroism? If Link is connected to the Gerudo in some way, he could be trying to save his adoptive family. I'd love to see how that would play out.

Or, we could just be seeing parllels in pacing and symbolism. TP is my BABY so I'm super pumped to hear this.

Reactions: Dio

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Post OoT, Pre TP. If the game were placed anywhere, it wouldn't make any sense, and I wouldn't buy it. So OoT sequel and a TP prequel in one game or not canon.

Also, I can't stand how people think the interlopers can't exist after OoT. Like, there is literally no in-game proof this. And don't give me any of that "Well HH says this..." bs.

Sure, there were wars against the interlopers prior to OoT, but that doesn't mean that that's when they were sealed too! Based on the general knowledge of the majority and official sources (except HH :dry:), there is no evidence showing when exactly, before TP, the interlopers were sealed, other than the fact that there is no mention of the sealing of the interlopers in OoT at all. Which tells me the chances that the interlopers were sealed away before OoT are very low and highly unlikely!

Plus, people think that the interlopers were a group of sheikah and/or gerudo. I think they were Loruleans who sought for Hyrule's Triforce for the same reasons that Yuga and Hilda were in ALBW. And that would be because they've suffered centuries living in crumbled world without a Triforce! While attempting to seize Hyrule's Triforce, they failed were banished back into their own world were they came from, which over time, became the Twilight Realm! So if this theory is true, then there's no way that the sealing of the interlopers could've happened before OoT as it's still Lorule in ALBW!

I will emphasize on this theory so more later.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My first instinct is to say "EW NO WHY DONT DO THIS" but just because I hate Twilight Princess doesn't mean I would hate Zelda U for being connected to it. Heck, this game, if it is connected, might be redeeming for TP. Zelda U is supposed to be on a totally different track than previous Zelda games, so there's a very low chance of it doing what TP did.

Honestly though, I would prefer it if this game could stand on its own without having to lean on previous games to take root. If it's supposed to change up the formula, why connect it to a previous game? References are one thing, but a story connection would be kinda pushing it for me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Good ideas. Only problem is there can't be two links of the world as we know it will come undone.
More like I'll spend my nights awake trying to find out how it's possible. Then make a theory trying to explain it. Realize I can't. Then go to live in the mountains as a wilderness man like Jeramiah Johnson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom