• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda thought

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay so i gotta know how come we don't see certain animals? SS does have a large amount of birds and magically sentient plants but how is it we don't see camels in the Lanaryu desert or gerudo desert? why do we not see dolphins or fish? (granted TP did gives fish in lakes), in short why is it for such a large world why do we see almost no biodiversity above insects?

Maybe these just don't exist in the world Zelda is set in?

From a developer's standpoint, it makes sense not to have camels simply because the developers didn't intend to do anything involving them, and programming them in just as eyecandy, while certainly possible, wasn't really needed, now was it?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Maybe these just don't exist in the world Zelda is set in?

From a developer's standpoint, it makes sense not to have camels simply because the developers didn't intend to do anything involving them, and programming them in just as eyecandy, while certainly possible, wasn't really needed, now was it?

Many of those surface birds we see are not needed, nor the masses of insects, nor the weird amount of tumbleweed in SS, in the others we see literally no wildlife, OOT and MM are the worst for this, big open areas with no wild life at all, the only "wild" life we ever see are the horses on the ranch.

Well the Tumbleweed does serve a purpose, and my point still stands because birds (which also serve a purpose, actually) are way easier to animate than camels.

they were all removed as part of a giant peer review conspiracy, you can see confirmation of this in ganondorf's subtle facial cues in hyrule castle in ocarina of time.

Okay so i gotta know how come we don't see certain animals? SS does have a large amount of birds and magically sentient plants but how is it we don't see camels in the Lanaryu desert or gerudo desert? why do we not see dolphins or fish? (granted TP did gives fish in lakes), in short why is it for such a large world why do we see almost no biodiversity above insects?
Lore reasoning - This is Hyrule and not Earth. Different creatures live there.
Developer reasoning - It's just eye candy. They would prever to have a smoother game play experience over unnecessary background objects and unuseful sprites/3D objects.

I would just have to say Development Resources and time, really. And really that makes sense, Zelda games already take a year or two extra to get out to us, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom