• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Zelda Plot Holes

The Zelda series is full of plot holes. They are in almost every single game and I find it fun to find them. Can you name some of the plot holes in the Zelda series?Some of the plot holes can be part of the gameplay too.

Ex: In WW, the goddesses flood Hyrule to stop Ganon. Now they have the power to create the land of Hyrule and they can flood it, but why can't they just kill Ganon or just seal him again?

Last edited:

MW7

One thing that never made sense to me is why Ruto disappears in the Water Temple of OOT after talking to you. I mean you basically have her cornered so it's not like they could rely on you to assume that you lost her. I'm not complaining though because her disappearing is better than her being very much present and involved Inside Jabu Jabu; it just was a little nonsensical. Basically with all the sages I was confused with what they were doing up until you meet them in the chamber of sages. Some were totally absent and some went off to their apparent death only to never be heard from again except for the chamber of sages. Ruto was the only one who completely vanished into thin air though because one second she was there and the next she was gone.

Edit: haha I just realized Nabooru vanishes into thin air as well, but that one actually had an explanation.

MW7

Hmm interesting. Yet after SS I think this makes sense. The gods created the triforce so they could not use it themselves. Essentially Ganon was being protected by the creation of the Goddesses (ironic much?). He was untouchable whilst the ToP was still within him. Whether this explanation is true or not I'm not sure.

I can't say I have noticed THAT many plot-holes and none immediately spring to mind. The biggest I can think of is in MM when, despite losing items like rupees and arrows you keep things like boss remains and items upon travelling back in time. However, this is simply to make the game actually playable so can't really be considered a hole.

MM jumped to my mind as well. I was thinking along the lines of how if the Goddess of Time can manipulate time, then why couldn't the Goddess just bring Link back to before the game started. Then I realized there would be no game if that happened (or the game would end after one cycle). I think we relied on some shaky logic for that game to work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom