• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda is the Worst Zelda Character

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think Zelda is a pretty cool character, I thinks she's generally much more interesting than Link or the vast majority of the minor characters.

The politics of Hyrule and magic are both interesting elements of the world that don't get as much focus as I would like, generally.

Saint Ravenboo

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Legend
I think Zelda is a pretty cool character, I thinks she's generally much more interesting than Link or the vast majority of the minor characters.

The politics of Hyrule and magic are both interesting elements of the world that don't get as much focus as I would like, generally.
I really agree with this. At least Princess Peach isn't the ruler of Hyrule, that dumbnut wouldn't last 2 seconds in Hyrule.

I feel that OoT Link (as the Hero Shade) felt just as strongly about Tatl as he did about Navi. No real closure, they were gone forever and he ended up dying wearing some weird armor for a weird cause that we never got to see.
Did you ever see that YouTube series, Hero's Purpose? It shows what happened to Link after the Majora's Mask. It isn't official, but I thought it was quite good.

Saint Ravenboo

ZD Legend
Did you ever see that YouTube series, Hero's Purpose? It shows what happened to Link after the Majora's Mask. It isn't official, but I thought it was quite good.
I did, and it does makes sense.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like Zelda. In ST she was really sassy and ready to fight. In BotW/TotK she grew on me. It's not easy to hold Ganon for 100 years and shortly after all this is over she gets zapped in the past and made a sacrifice to bring the mastersword to Link. I think she's kinda cool though.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
She serves zero purpose most of the time. Always getting kidnapped, always needs Link to save her, always comes in clutch at the end with the Light Arrows, and that's it. She finally gets her own game and needs a magic staff and Link's sword to win, why. Might as well just play as Link at that point. Do you know how frustrating it is to play a Zelda game, see Zelda and just know for a fact she'll be completely worthless? Just replace her with Tingle and be done, so serious.
In Zelda II you are right, she just lounged in a bed (bowchickabowwow), but in Ocarina she does help as Sheik, in TP she made the sacrifice to save Midna, in Totk she helped Link by restoring The Master Sword and through time stuff, and in Echoes she is gonna be the Hero to save Link.

I would say actually she is one of the more helpful Princesses, and ahead of her time.

Saint Ravenboo

ZD Legend
In Zelda II you are right, she just lounged in a bed (bowchickabowwow), but in Ocarina she does help as Sheik, in TP she made the sacrifice to save Midna, in Totk she helped Link by restoring The Master Sword and through time stuff, and in Echoes she is gonna be the Hero to save Link.

I would say actually she is one of the more helpful Princesses, and ahead of her time.
That's the thing, there's actually two Zeldas canonically alive in Zelda II, one is sleeping, and the other one is the one you saved in the previous game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom