• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda, Is It Truly Hard?

S

starcaster

Well hello everyone, I just beat my first Zelda game, Ocarina 3D. :D

Now I also own Twilight Princess, which I haven't played since I managed to get out of the First Temple In The Game
Now, I had do look up Guides to get through most of Ocarina 3D(starting at Jabu Jabu's Belly).
So my question to you is, is Zelda truly hard? or is it just the fact that I'm to young to beat it without a guide?
Share Your Thoughts...

Maikeru

Piper of Time
You may need to get used to Zelda games, or it may be that you just need a guide to get through it.

Twilight Princess is considered by most to be easier than OoT.

Except for the final battle, witch is waaay harder than the puny Ganondorf in Ocerina.
After a while you will understand zelda logic, and then everything get easier.

I introduced myself to Zelda by playing Link's Awakening, and at that time I did use a guide too. I also played through the original LoZ for the NES using a guide, but after that I stopped using guides as I found it to be some degree of destructive in terms of gaming experience.

Twilight Princess is (as other people mentioned) very easy compared to the other games, so you should not really need a guide for it.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
How old are you? I am ten year old who finds Zelda games a bit easy sometimes. (I completed the Fire and water temple in a day on MQ and JJB and Dodongos Cavern very easily in a day) Also, I did about 3 dungeons when I first got PH which was when I was 6 or 7 :P

And it's funny how people think TP was the easiest. I ama bit stuck on the Lakebed temple, but I haven't been on for a month now :P I find Zelda a bit easy and challenging at times

Big Octo

=^)
... Well, I've beat OoT without a guide and many others with no guides. But you got to prep yourself, some of the other Zeldas can be a challenge to beginners. For example, at this point in your Zelda experience, you wouldn't last ten minutes on Zelda II. I'm not insulting you, Zelda II is a difficult game.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
From Link's Awakening on Zelda had been getiing somewhat easier. And it's because Nintendo wants to get newer games to like Zelda games. If anything All the handheld Zelda's have been somewhat hard, being Link's Awakening, to easy as breathing, being Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. If you think that Twilight Princess is not hard, but up there on difficulty, you right. Twilight Princess has the hardest version of the water temple of any zelda game. Plus the City in the Sky makes absolutly no sence whatsoever.

Beeker

Wild Card
I think Zelda is in the middle when it comes to difficulty. There are points in the games where it can be quite easy, and other points in dungeons which are puzzling and tough.
With the earlier games, the enemies were very tough, and some of the dungeons were too. Zelda games have gotten easier though. The reason being that they are trying to bring new fans and players in. They don't want the game being too hard or people will be turned off by it. Hopefully Skyward Sword and other future games will change that.

Zelda is generally difficult the first run through of the game but is easy the second time you beat it. Plus Zelda is easy when it comes to combat but the difficulty lies in puzzle solving.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
I never have any big problems with any Legend of Zelda, I even did OoT3D 3-Heart without a problem... The only LoZ games I ever found slightly more challenging were the 2D handhelds (Not PH or SP).
Even when I was 12 playing OoT for the first time (It was also my first LoZ ever), I didn't really have any problems.
Guess I'm naturally good at LoZ games (Or games in general) :).

But my LoZ skills aside, I'd say they are about medium difficulty compared to other games. Kinda wish Nintendo would add a hard mode option to new Zelda games.

Some people (when i say some i mean most) use guides when they're stuck in the game. There is too much to do and to tell the truth i would have never beat the older Zelda games if it wasn't for guides. Now for the difficulty i would say it can get hard (i.e Adventures of Link) or it could get entirely easy (Twilight Princess), it depends on the person. Each Zelda game has their own difficulty the most difficult could be left to opinion.

I found that some games can be hard, some can be easy and the rest are in the middle, this averages out to be in the middle for me in terms of difficulty. Now if you point out a certain game to me, i will say that it is either hard or easy. The older games (to me) were more difficult because i wasn't used to them. I was used to more modern games, where it requires no skill at all to beat it.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Ok, like some people said, you just have to kinda get used to zelda puzzles and stuff, i started with Phantom Hourglass and found it extremley hard the first time i played through it! Anyways, it also depends on the game, The first two are hard(considering you don't know ANYTHING in the first game), and ALTTP... well, its very hard for me, its so hard its not even fun!(though im planning to try again some time) Twilight princess was pretty hard for me in the temples, considering it was my first 3d zelda, but the bosses aren't challenging, anyways, im dawdling off, so,i think first Zelda games are hard and newer ones present lesser challenge though still fun.

When it comes to the fighting in Zelda games, only really the classics are hard and require fast reflexes.

The puzzles can be different for everyone but eventually if you play enough Zelda games you'll be able to beat most dungeons without help.

BloodKnight88

bringer of despair
yeah how in the world can TP be the easiest? It's the the HARDEST one so far. and the scope of it is part of the reason i think. it's just hard to find everything without using my 436 page guide.

ant OoT is easy enough to beat without a guide (except for the water temple of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom