• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Instrument-Based Game?

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
What if there was a zelda game where songs weren't just something you used a few times to beat the game or maybe to teleport around, but actually... Were the game (if you know what I mean)... So you'd be the indigo-gos and you have sort of a rockband/guitar hero idea going. Mikau plays his guitar, lulu sings etc,... Maybe the seven zoras hatchlings would be in the game, too. It might not be that great of a game but I just though it would be funny to have a game just like guitar hero and rockband but with zoras.:lol:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Ocarina hero lol. Love it. This is one of those things that would be amazing for a short period of time, but would cheapen the entire series. Not many people would buy it I don't think, and I also think it would make a terrible game. It's just a cool idea.

Kazumi

chagy
Now, I don't mean to "shoot down" your idea, *Puts away very large SAM Missile Pod*, but do we really need another Guitar Hero/Rockband game? And a clone at that?! I mean, we get like, sixty thousand Guitar Hero games a year. And they're all the same. Sure, some may have different songs, but in the end they're all the same. At least Rockband allows you to play Drums, and sing.. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but like you said, it might not be a good game. Sure, it may be cool for a little while to see Zora's doing Guitar Hero stuff, but really... All though, it could be a little cool. If it was more Rockbandish.

May this be what you are looking for Walrus Cat? http://www.vgboxart.com/view/11379/ocarina.hero/ :lol:

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
There was already a rumor going around about a Zelda like this. I would cut off my own legs before playing it.

Could work and be interesting, but most definitely not as part of the main series.

As a spinoff, which I don't personally mind, I think it could work, if done right. But keep in mind, the Indigo Gos are practically a jazz band. Not that it means they couldn't play other genres or that you couldn't use a different band.

Ocarina Hero?

What do you guys think about a ocarina hero game? They can make an ocarina and you have to push the buttons as if your covering the holes and you blow in the mike which is the mouth hole for the ocarina. And all the songs can be all the songs from the legend of zelda series. From Saria"s song (which i think would be the hardest) to the song of healing in MM. Tell me what you guys think and what you think would be the hardest song on the game.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
That sounds......lame.
I'm sorry, but I don't think it would be very good.
I think the hardest song would be the full Song of Storms, though

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
There's already a thread basically exactly the same as this:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4536&highlight=zora+band

However, incase this doesn't count as a duplicate. Hmmmmm, I actually like the idea. I know it sounds lame, but I do like it. I think it'd be really cool to go through playing, then you could unlock some hidden songs such as the Mario Theme tune and such. I think the hardest song would be the Song of Storms. However, I dont see how they could make this. I mean think about it. Most of the songs are simple 6 note songs. then followed by maybe 10 other notes. It'd be too easy. UNLESS they made you play the entire 3 minute versions of each song. For example, the version on the Soundtrack to the game. That'd be interesting.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Something like this would be best suited for DSiware. It feel that it would do very well on there, and would actually be a pretty fun game. I've always enjoyed playing the Ocarina in Zelda games, so a game based solely on that would be pretty entertaining.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Maybe, just as long as they don't give it a storyline, I mean if it really did have one; what type of story would it be?
That kinda questions makes me feel as if the game shouldn't even have a storyline at all. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom