• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Zelda II Game-play Still Exists!

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
The Game play style of the both Zelda II and Castlevania is the same! I just found it interesting!

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Hmm I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying the play style was put to use in the Castlevania games? Was Zelda II release before the first Castlevania game? I should do some research I guess..

Edit: From what I've found the first Castlevania game was released a bit before Zelda II. That or very close to eachother, too close to copy the gameplay to another game anyways.

Last edited:
I guess they have a good amount of stuff in common, though Castlevania from PS1 and up are more like Super Metroid.

izi

Not A Wizard
Hmm. You're right. I just looked at Castlevania I on YouTube, and they are in fact very similar. Zelda II was great, but I don't think people see it as a "traditional Zelda title", because, well... it's not. It's a shame people don't play it as much as others. The new Adventure Time game for the 3DS ressurects the gameplay introduced in Castlevania/Zelda II, so I'll have to pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom