• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.
In 1986, Bandai produced small rubber figures based on the characters and enemies from the original Legend of Zelda. These figures were released in two sets via "gashapon" vending machine capsules as well as "shokugan" blind boxes, with 43 figures in total. They came as unpainted "keshi gomu" figures, a type of collectible semi-firm rubber figure that was popular in the 1980s and 1990s. Each of these Zelda keshi figures would come in solid orange, blue, green, yellow, peach, or tan colored rubber.

I have a full set of these rare figures, so I 3D scanned them all over many hours and uploaded the model files onto the Internet Archive so that everyone can enjoy them and learn about this early Zelda merchandise.

Once all were scanned, I brought the model files into some 3D software, where I digitally "hand painted" all 43 figures and assembled this scene which I rendered out. I was going for something like an old toy advertisement photo.

zeldaKeshi.jpg
Not sure if I'm allowed to link to things directly or if that's considered self-promotion, so if you want these model files for yourself, just look up my account KeshiCorner on the Internet Archive to find downloads of all the figures. If you're interested in old video game toy preservation, you can look up my @KeshiCorner handle on twitter where I post new 3D scanned toys every day.

Link&Midna

Thug Lyfe
So that's an entirely CG picture and not a photograph? That's nuts! When you painted the models, did you recolor them in the 3D program or draw on top of them? The rendering looks just like a real photo, it's really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom