• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda HD. Good, Or Bad?

Hello. I was recently viewing gameplay for a Wii U game, (Killer Freaks) and I found it to be a bit unpleasant, as it had much blood, it was very gritty, and wasn't my style. I then came to think about the Wii U Tech Demo for The Legend Of Zelda. I am concerned about whether or not Nintendo will make The Legend Of Zelda on Wii U (If they do make it) anything like that. Personally, I don't want to see the best, and probably most original franchise in video game history, lose it's luster and suffer the same fate as some games were created with. I think it is a terrible idea to have The Legend Of Zelda look THAT realistic, reason being, if The Legend Of Zelda follows the ways of Microsoft, in making very realistic games, they may never go back to using new art directions, and also make it more gritty, bloody, and more. I want The Legend Of Zelda to stay just the way it is. Granted, I think the demo looks beautiful, but if they take full advantage of the Wii U's abilities, as Nintendo always does with The Legend Of Zelda whenever they get new software or hardware, in order to improve it, they may end up taking TOO much advantage of the Wii U's graphical abilities, and The Legend Of Zelda will become The Legend Of Duty or The Call Of Zelda. In other words, I don't want to see The Legend Of Zelda become ANYTHING LIKE Call Of Duty, and lose it's originality. What do you think?

Realistic crossed with a sort of Toon Link thing. THAT would be nice in my opinion. Like Skyward Sword is Cel Shaded, like TWW, and is shaped similarly in a realistic manner, similar to TP. Doing it the other way around wouldn't hurt, as it MAY look really good, and probably would.

Hello. I was recently viewing gameplay for a Wii U game, (Killer Freaks) and I found it to be a bit unpleasant, as it had much blood, it was very gritty, and wasn't my style. I then came to think about the Wii U Tech Demo for The Legend Of Zelda. I am concerned about whether or not Nintendo will make The Legend Of Zelda on Wii U (If they do make it) anything like that. Personally, I don't want to see the best, and probably most original franchise in video game history, lose it's luster and suffer the same fate as some games were created with. I think it is a terrible idea to have The Legend Of Zelda look THAT realistic, reason being, if The Legend Of Zelda follows the ways of Microsoft, in making very realistic games, they may never go back to using new art directions, and also make it more gritty, bloody, and more. I want The Legend Of Zelda to stay just the way it is. Granted, I think the demo looks beautiful, but if they take full advantage of the Wii U's abilities, as Nintendo always does with The Legend Of Zelda whenever they get new software or hardware, in order to improve it, they may end up taking TOO much advantage of the Wii U's graphical abilities, and The Legend Of Zelda will become The Legend Of Duty or The Call Of Zelda. In other words, I don't want to see The Legend Of Zelda become ANYTHING LIKE Call Of Duty, and lose it's originality. What do you think?

Realistic crossed with a sort of Toon Link thing. THAT would be nice in my opinion. Like Skyward Sword is Cel Shaded, like TWW, and is shaped similarly in a realistic manner, similar to TP. Doing it the other way around wouldn't hurt, as it MAY look really good, and probably would.

Sorry my computer posted twice. I don't know why it does that.

I have nothing against realistic graphics, but I prefer ORIGINAL graphics. I like my games styles to be fresh, original, and new.

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
Hmm. That's a pretty tough question to answer. I would think that LOZ will always have some sort of the same look/art work to it. They may make it more realistic, who knows. The Zelda games were always rated for everyone, but when TP came out, it was rated for Teens. I doubt LOZ will ever have blood and gore in them though. If it did, it'd be a little weird because there's never been any.

Beeker

Wild Card
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even with all that tech in the WiiU, Nintendo will surely come up with more imaginative games and beautiful art styles. Having more power and abilities for the system does not necessarily mean more blood and gore or realism. Zelda is not a game that is fully meant to be realistic. The closest the developers try to get to that is to get you as involved into the game as you can, like in Skyward Sword where they want to make the controls as fluid and realistic to make you feel more in the game. I think, despite how the game may look, it will always maintain it's fantastical feel.

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
I wouldn't worry too much about that. Even with all that tech in the WiiU, Nintendo will surely come up with more imaginative games and beautiful art styles. Having more power and abilities for the system does not necessarily mean more blood and gore or realism. Zelda is not a game that is fully meant to be realistic. The closest the developers try to get to that is to get you as involved into the game as you can, like in Skyward Sword where they want to make the controls as fluid and realistic to make you feel more in the game. I think, despite how the game may look, it will always maintain it's fantastical feel.

I couldn't of said it any better than you just did!

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Just because the console can run realistic games, that deosn't mean Zelda is going to look like that. For all we know it could be as colourfull as Wind Waker, the only difference is how sharp and crisp the image looks.

Just because the console can run realistic games, that deosn't mean Zelda is going to look like that. For all we know it could be as colourfull as Wind Waker, the only difference is how sharp and crisp the image looks.
Well, THAT I'm totally fine with. I don't mind polygons, but I don't mind having ridiculously smooth polygons either, as long as the game is still the same as the others in terms of how beautiful it is, as long as it isn't too dull, or too gritty, I think I'll love it.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
The way Link hits Gohma in the trailer is the same way he hits enemies in other games, there is no blood. Also, Nintendo said that they could use another art style for the Wii U zelda game, so there probably won't be blood. But I hope that they keep the art style as it is, it looks great, but there shouldn't be blood.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I see the game as having realistic texture, but not necessarily gritty. Maybe like a mix of TP and N64 styles. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, I have nothing against realistic graphics as long as the graphical style fits the style of the game.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Ive actually thought about this alot. I almost dont like the Zelda HD demo from E3. I know thats weird to not want better graphics in a game, but looking at the demo and Skyward Sword side by side, Skyward Sword definitley wins in my book.

geek4887

The Unknown
I see the game as having realistic texture, but not necessarily gritty. Maybe like a mix of TP and N64 styles. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, I have nothing against realistic graphics as long as the graphical style fits the style of the game.

Well, I really found TP's graphics as my favorite, yet the textures were a problem. Nintendo can fix that with the WiiU if they are going to come up with a "realistic" Zelda game. As for there being blood, we saw some of this in OoT (don't know why THAT was rated E because it had real blood coming out from Ganondorf while TP is rated T even though there was no real blood at all.) Like JuicieJ said, I would also love a graphic style with the mix of TP and OoT.

W

Wii Guy 09

You guys do realize that that game was just Twilight Princess in HD right?

geek4887

The Unknown
You guys do realize that that game was just Twilight Princess in HD right?

Nope, you see a fairy floating around. Yes, it was in the Temple of Time, and Armaghoma was there, but it wasn't necessarily TP.
It was just a Zelda demo, not a game in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom