• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Games where you play as other Characters

Just an idea that popped into my head recently:

What about a Zelda where you play as a character other than Link? I don't mean a Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land style game, but rather one set in the normal game world of Hyrule. Wouldn't it be cool to play as a Gerudo? Maybe you could even play as a descendant of Demise who rejects his destiny to become another Ganondorf and takes a stand against evil, or maybe a girl who eventually finds out that she is actually Zelda, and must save her kingdom without the help of a certain green-clothed hero?

Again, just a thought. Anyone else like this idea?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've actually thought about a similar idea, where the new Link becomes evil and some Ganondorf/Demisereincarnation has to rise up to kill him. Nintendo would never do it but I still like the idea

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd quite like to see a game where you play as Ganondorf and experience his backstory. It's not something that is explained in the games so to dedicate a proper spin off to it would be a good idea. I cant think of a full game where you actually play as a villain so it would be interesting to see what could be done with a Ganondorf spin off.

Playing as Impa would also be a good game, perhaps taking place around the pre OOT civil war period where there wasn't a Link. She was really fun to play as in Hyrule Warriors and I like Impa a lot so having a game with her would be fun.

I'd quite like to see a game where you play as Ganondorf and experience his backstory. It's not something that is explained in the games so to dedicate a proper spin off to it would be a good idea. I cant think of a full game where you actually play as a villain so it would be interesting to see what could be done with a Ganondorf spin off.

Playing as Impa would also be a good game, perhaps taking place around the pre OOT civil war period where there wasn't a Link. She was really fun to play as in Hyrule Warriors and I like Impa a lot so having a game with her would be fun.
Yeah, there are quite a few side characters in the Zelda series who don't get fleshed out a lot and it would be interesting both to see a new kind of story and gameplay.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I always thought it would be cool to even just get to play as other characters in a main game. Kind of like how you sort of got to play as Zelda in PH or Kafei in MM. Except where they have their own large role. Not necessarily even so much in the main story as little side stories. Think Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, or Chain of Memories, for those who know those games.

Like you could get the full story playing as Link, but playing as the other characters give the story more depth. Like if you had the option to play Impa's, Groose's or Ghirahim's journey in Skyward Sword.

I also would not be opposed to a Zelda MMORPG. *nudge nudge Nintendo*

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
It's not a main series game though. It's not even on the timeline
Never mentioned timeline as requirement.

What about a Zelda where you play as a character other than Link? I don't mean a Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land style game, but rather one set in the normal game world of Hyrule.
All TheFourthTriangle described. If it is set in "normal" Hyrule, isn't in the style of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, and allows you to play as a character other than Link, it could be a candidate. :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Never mentioned timeline as requirement.

All TheFourthTriangle described. If it is set in "normal" Hyrule, isn't in the style of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, and allows you to play as a character other than Link, it could be a candidate. :)
Just to clarfy, are you arguing that it is a main series game? Or just that it falls under the bubble set by Mr. Four?

Maikeru

Piper of Time
What if Nintendo made a game called Hyrule Warriors where you play as loads of Zelda characters in Hyrule proper?
This is what I was thinking at first. I just assumed he meant something more traditional.

Granted Hyrule Warriors is an excellent game and I wouldn't mind it being a part of the timeline.

I've been pondering this one for a while. It's been done with Mario (many times) so why not? There's just so much material to work with it seems like a waste for them not to,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom