• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda DLC and Expansions

Huh???!! Where was it confirmed that the additional clothing was a Switch Logo Shirt???!! I'm confused! I don't think it would make any sense to spend money for additional clothing, expecting the green tunic, just to be trolled with nothing but a Switch Logo Shirt. So yes, that would be cringing! But I didn't see it confirmed anywhere that that was the additional clothing. You're clearly just assuming things, based on the Switch hype. In other words, it's not confirmed. So you shouldn't treat such an assumption as fact. It just says additional clothing, it could be anything.

Anyways, I'm actually hyped that we're at least getting something Zelda related later this year, rather than nothing at all. I look forward to hearing more about the DLC at E3. So I'm excited for BotW being at E3 again. Even though it's for the DLC. And with this DLC, that means there is a chance we might see BotW at GDC as well, since Nintendo did confirm that they have a presence at GDC this year. I'm super excited about this game right now. :)

No, i clearly went to the official Zelda/Nintendo site and read that the additional clothing is a Switch branded shirt for Link to wear as part of the day one launch pack. Dont dare accuse me of assuming anything and going in half cocked, that's your style. Not mine.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Let's be honest, the only thing worth paying for is the extra dungeon in the second DLC pack and that should be around $5. The first pack is simply a money grab.
Nah fam, that extra dungeon is worth $3 at most. The story should be in the base game, selling a difficulty mode is ****ing EA tier, the goodies from initially buying the pass should be included as a preorder bonus, but we don't know what this Map Feature is.

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
Okay, wow. Chocolate Storm, you need to take a chill pill. I get that you're upset at Hard Mode being DLC. I am too. It's the Switch logo shirt that's got my undies in a twist. (****ing useless clothing, the worst kind of DLC :mad::mad::mmanger::mad:) But your talking like it's the end of Nintendo or like their going down the EA "all ur moniez belong to us" route. Nintendo have always had decent pricing despite the content looking like it's lacking, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Especially pack #2 with the story content and dungeon. (I'm also curious as to Pack #1's new map feature...) The game should already done and shipped to retailers as well, so there's nothing wrong with the timing either. There was an article recently on IGN about retailers getting their shipments up to 3 weeks prior to the game/system's launch.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay, wow. Chocolate Storm, you need to take a chill pill.
Nah fam, I will not take a chill pill. Nintendo needs to understand that this is not okay. But they won't because they have hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of people lining up to slurp the booty juice out of the company. They're going full EA with the content of the DLC1 and the fact that it's paid, regardless of price, is the real offender here. I will not pay for a pit of 100 trials - that **** should be coded into the game by default. I will not pay for a difficulty mode. I will not pay for a "map feature" whatever that means.

DLC2, all things considered, seems to make sense as paid DLC. Story and a new dungeon, that takes craftmanship. and craftmanship should be paid, right? I agree there. but DLC1 absolutely not. That should be FREE, full stop. Not even 50 cents USD.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
From the beast's mouth:

Starting when The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild launches on March 3, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for $19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year.

Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game's Great Plateau area. One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo that Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items.

• The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode, and a new feature for the in-game map.
  • The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story.
The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

Source: My Ass (http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/special-announcement-from-eiji-aonuma/)

Nintendo's got me ****ed up for real...

Honestly, I'm wondering if this is a fundamental shift in Nintendo's approach. They know that the people who love AAA Western developers won't migrate to the Switch anytime soon so they want to milk the loyal 3DS and Wii U players who make the Switch.

source.gif

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That GIF has me dying :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Nah but forrizzle, they know they're losing market share hard so they're just doing what everyone else does: ****ing over the consumer. And the problem with this is that BOTW is a NINTENDO title meaning it will never see a price drop. Beyond that, it will ship in low numbers and is guaranteed to go out of stock within the first week of launch. So even if one tried to get the game for cheap and just buy the season pass to even out at $60USD, it would be impossible unless you found some dumb **** soccer ***** who sold you the "nintendo" for $35. But good luck with that.

Oooh boy, I've been dreading this day for a long time. lately I've been quite skeptical for BotW due to the direction it's taken and to be honest the recent trailers has helped me warm more towards the game, but now Nintendo just comes and poops the announcement of this expansion pack...WTF Nintendo?!

Ok, First of all, why the hell would they announce this expansion pack 2 weeks before the game actually launches? It's now giving the impression to the fans that BotW is now an unfinished product. This announcement wouldn't have been too bad if they held it off until after the game launched. That would of made fans feel like they've fully experiencved the game, then look forward to seconds. But no, Nintendo had to announce it before launch and release part of it on March 3rd when the game becomes avaliable.

So on top of the £89.99 I have to pay for the limited edition of BotW, I would have to pay an extra £17.99 to get the DLC which brings the game to over £100. That is ridiculous. I've never paid that much for a limited edition game + DLC before!

Hyrule warriors + DLC for Wii U for example set me back £79.99, and that was with the Twilight Princess costume DLC and limited edition! With BotW we get 3 Treasure, 2 new dungeons, new story, new map feature and a new difficulty. Sorry but that is asinine considering that Nintendo delayed this game so many times to work on this title. After 2 years of delays, there's still work to be done after launch?!

Now I am fully aware it's additional content so you don't need to have it to complete the game hence the term Additional content, but for what they are offering, Nintendo had plenty of time to impliment the above ( 6-7 years IIRC) into the full ganme. maybe not so much the new story I'll admit that much, but the new map feature and difficulty definitely should of been included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom