• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda DLC and Expansions

Zachie

Moo
This DLC is everything that they promised it to be. Those of you who are complaining about it not being enough, they promised hard mode, improved map functionality & a new trial thing.. which we got, and then some! You guys got no grounds to complain. The next DLC is bringing the big stuff, which will drop in December while this one drops in August.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I like this DLC. I am surprised so many are disappointed. Hopefully less will be disappointed when this comes out.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
When Aounuma teased the DLC he posed with a Tingle plushie so having something related to him is not surprising.

Still it's not something I would pay for. Nor do i care for a hard mode. Difficulty settings should be included in the main game and not be something you have to pay for. Halo along with many other games come with at least 4 difficulties in the main game.

This is more than what i was expecting but its not all that exciting.

I guarantee the new map feature will make the map look like an utter mess so i'll probably refer to it from time to time and keep it switched off (if you can) for the most part, like i do with the HUD.

Not fussed with the Phantom or Tingle armour since i dislike both characters. Majora's Mask and Fused Shadow helm i'm fine wih though.

Korok mask will be helpful though Koroks have never been my priority in the game.

Trial of the Sword.... this one is an interesting one because we get to unlock the true power of the Master Sword (maybe it wont run out of power anymore) but i'm expecting the reward to probably be a souped up Spin Attack like the final hidden skill in TP.

Hard mode with enemies being a level above and regenerating health doesnt interest me because i'll probably never use it. Or if i do it wont be for a few years since i have no real intention of going back through BotW anytime soon.
The flying enemies mentioned are intriguing but i imagine they may just be giant Keese or something rather than an entirely new enemy.

The travel medallion is the best part. Aonuma let it slip that there was another way to travel around the world but i didnt read much into it at the time, i just assumed he meant you could warp to shrines as well as towers...
The medallion feels a little pointless given that there are shrines and towers next to every important landmark. Like there's always a shrine next to a stable. I can only think of putting the medallion in the entrance to The Sanctum of Hyrule Castle, that's the one and only place i'd probably put it.

Its a lot more than i was expecting which is good and it'll be fun to find all the new stuff, i just probably wont use it much.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not very satisfactory, but more than what I expected, so I can't say I'm disappointed.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
For those complaining a bit:

Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.

I noticed the OP didn't mention that the Master Sword will stay in it's glowy state permanently.

kinda sad the Air enemies are Hard mode only by the looks of it

Oh, i thought the aerial enemies would have been giant keese or something, not moblins on floating rafts.

Surely they'll be so easy to take out, just shoot the Octorok balloons and the fall damage would kill them.

How about some speculation on what the other new items do?

Here are my guesses...
Majora's Mask - Causes a blood moon to occur every night (possibly giving the moon a face as well).
Midna's Helmet - Lets you tame a wild wolf (possibly other wild animals) to set as a companion, similar to wolf Link.
Phantom Armor - Similar to Magic Armor, providing either higher than normal defence or complete protection, but with an additional cost (rupees, stamina, etc.) and weakening (or even disappearing) when it runs out.
Tingle's Outfit - Causes rupees to appear frequently in places they wouldn't usually in BotW, but would in past Zelda games (grass, pots, etc.).

Whats up with the timing of this announcement?

I expected them to detail it at e3 and release it after the presentation. But theyve detailed it on an unnotable day wih a release date of August which atm is 2 months away at least, bringing into consideration when in August means it could almost be three months away.

I guess its classic Nintendo to announce stuff far too soon.

Tingle's outfit has a cobra decal on the back. Interesting...
It's nothing new... it was first seen in Wind Waker and I don't think you could see his back clearly in other games, so it could be assumed that it was always there... I doubt it means anything special in BotW.

Not sure about y'all but when someone says "Summer", August is not a month i think of. I wonder if this early announcement is an attempt to push lackluster DLC sales.

The costumes and map feature seem neat, I'm curious for what they will do. Also I wonder how armor will work in the trial, if you get to keep it or if maybe you'll find new stuff in the trial.

I guess I'll have to shelve my hopes of them creating a bunch of new enemies like Poes and stuff.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Not sure about y'all but when someone says "Summer", August is not a month i think of. I wonder if this early announcement is an attempt to push lackluster DLC sales.

The costumes and map feature seem neat, I'm curious for what they will do. Also I wonder how armor will work in the trial, if you get to keep it or if maybe you'll find new stuff in the trial.

I guess I'll have to shelve my hopes of them creating a bunch of new enemies like Poes and stuff.

new enemies like poes? but Poes already exist, just not in BOTW, WHERE'D THEY'D FIT IN FINE, jesus i didn't think of that ^^ I want poes now

As far as enemies go, I doubt the summer DLC will go beyond the gold versions of monsters that have already been mentioned.

If they were to add new enemies, I think they would need a way to explain why they had not been seen before.
This would be easy with poes, as they could easily be invisible without a certain item, which could be added in the DLC (but I doubt this would be any of the items already revealed for the summer DLC).
On the subject of the undead, it's occurred to me that despite the increased variety of stal enemies, the more traditional humanoid ones are missing... so perhaps this could be the theme of the DLC dungeon... some sort of crypt or tomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom