• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda As Main Character???

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I would support having Zelda as a main character, but under a certain circumstance.
If the game featured an official RPG start to the game, where you could CHOOSE EITHER to be Link or Zelda. Then I would support it. As long as they have the everlasting icon of Link as a main character, I would support that idea.
I dont think I would play a game with only Zelda as a main character. But an RPG where you could choose either or would be fantastic.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Like someone said earlier, that was alreay tried and it had failed. Doesn't mean that it could not work given the right staff and proper execution. They'd have to do it very well because they'd be taking a huge risk in the new direction.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
NO! This would remind me too much of the horrid CD-i games. I like it when Zelda is with Link as a Navi type role, but not when she is a main character. Maybe there could be a two player Zelda game where one person controls Zelda? Nah. Never mind.

Not if shes as she is now. With dress and stuff. Id prefer Link much more, and as far as I can imagine, I cant think of so much cool stuff with Zelda. It just dont.... man whatever.

Eh, that wouldn't be as awesome, I don't think. It would be an interesting game though, to have Zelda a main character, and have her be able to transform back and forth between Shiek and herself. It could be done in the same way Paper Mario is, in that you play through as Link, and then in between dungeons, you could have something to do as Zelda. That would have been awesome for OoT, to see how Sheik seemed to be EVERYWHERE at once....

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I think it is a good idea but must be executed correctly or else they risk ruining the chances of ever trying it again. They would be interesting, new, and a nice refresh for the series. They don't have to make her completely helpless without magic like normal. They could have her be Sheik or like some new warrior princess from the academy or something. I'm sure Nintedno would pull it off. She doesn't always have to be the damsel in distress.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I have no problem with Zelda being the main character in a game. I mean, I hope to Nayru that it doesn't end up like Super Princess Peach (not that I hate it) because I think Zelda would have a more, cool, awesome ninja-like style.... Adding Shiek in there couldn't hurt either...

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I don't really understand why people don't think Zelda could work as a main character. it is just because it would be change? Is it because she's a girl? To me, it seems like a great idea. I am very much for independent, badass women in video games (I.e. Chell from Portal) She doesn't have to be a main character, either. She could be an option at the beginning, or she could be a character you play occasionally in certain areas. I really liked the two character system in Spirit Track and I really would be hooked if they expanded on that idea.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I think Zelda could play a bigger role like she did in Spirit Tracks, but you have to control Link as the main protagonist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom