• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda As Main Character???

I was actually just talking to my friend about this yesterday. Yeah Zelda being kidnapped in how it's always been but why can't Zelda for once not do something to get herself kidnapped. Even having it as a small part of a game I think would be cool.

That would be cool. They could have a couple games at least if they actually made the Legend of Link

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Zelda as a main character, nah I'll pass. Remember they did try that once in one of the CD-I games and we all know how that turned out. Link to me, is the only main character that they should even mess with. All the others are just have supporting roles.

Nintendo Didn't Make The CD-I Games, Though. If They Made A Game With Zelda As The Main Character, It Could Be Great

Well, I guess they did already do that with one of the CD-I games, but those never happened. Anyways, I think it might be a little weird to see Zedla running around Hyrule with a bunch of different weapons and fighting bosses, completing dungeons etc.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Eh, that wouldn't be as awesome, I don't think. It would be an interesting game though, to have Zelda a main character, and have her be able to transform back and forth between Shiek and herself. It could be done in the same way Paper Mario is, in that you play through as Link, and then in between dungeons, you could have something to do as Zelda. That would have been awesome for OoT, to see how Sheik seemed to be EVERYWHERE at once....

It did work pretty well in Paper Mario, but one thing that attracts my attenbtion is how the Peach segments were more like interactive storybooks rather than games. Like old point and click games where the fun was more about seeing the story developing like a book, rather than being actively involved the process itself. That would actually be pretty far from the more gameplay-centric design that Zelda follows, so it would definitely going to come off as alien.

Also, it'd probably break the Link-player dynamic unless it was a game by itself. Would be fun to see, though.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
were more like interactive storybooks rather than games. Like old point and click games where the fun was more about seeing the story developing like a book, rather than being actively involved the process itself.

Also, it'd probably break the Link-player dynamic unless it was a game by itself. Would be fun to see, though.
I wouldn't like for a game where Zelda is the playable character to be like a story book, as it is too reminiscent of the CD-I games in my opinion. I'd like for Zelda to be a gameplay character, not for her to just "be there" so I can view the next cutscene. She already is a story character (the past games sans ST and CD-I games have featured Zelda exclusively as an NPC), to have her playable but still a story character sure would be 'normal', but a waste of time in my eyes.

The Link-player dynamic is already being broken with every new Zelda title. SS essentially has Link in love with Zelda though you can lie to your hearts content with the item check girl. Link is becoming more of a character than an avatar with each passing game. Allowing Zelda to be in between a gameplay character and a story character wouldn't be too much of a stretch, especially considering we're playing as a pre-established character instead of Link! xD

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I had an idea a while ago that link would die and then turn into a fairy... so zelda would have to finish link while having a green fairy follow her! (I wrote a thread a while ago about my idea..)

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Switcheroo!

:cat: I was thinking... what would a Zelda game be like if Link was the prince and Zelda was the hero? Like... I mean in a different universe of Hyrule or something, Link could be the prince that lives in Hyrule castle and stuff, and Zelda could be the hero! What do ya think? :cat:

I think it could work, maybe (like other people already said) as some kind of partner system. What I mean by that is that your main character to play with is still Link, but in certain situations you control Zelda. Maybe it could be a little bit like in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, where you also had Zelda or other characters as partners in dungeons for the sake of solving puzzles. She would need to have some original combat stile, though. Maybe she could be a spell caster, while Link is the physical fighter. Right now I'm even thinking that this could be great for a 2 player cooperative game. But please, not with any handheld to console connection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom