• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
I don't like this, it's almost as if you're begging for trust. I mean Thar role claimed yet we're lynching him - it doesn't automatically save you. Also, you can't play the "no one else has counterclaimed card yet" as, per rules of the game, no one can counterclaim today. Though Pendio, could you give us a hint of how Draco [your role] is linked to RoleBlocker?

I am asking for your trust. Why would I not?

Well, there was no exact connection between the role and the character in the role PM, but roughly it says that Dracomajora (aka. Leslie) is about 12 years old and a member of the resistance movement. The PM also describes Draco as a generally beautiful, fun and cool guy.

EBWODP:

Draco, is it allowed for players to counter claim somebody on a day that has already had a role claim (or two as this day did)?

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess we're best seeing what happens after Thar dies and the night. I think I'll die, so GDL, give your case and a name claim. You guys will have to somehow come to a mutual decision.

Kirino

Tatakae
Just like during the last day, the target was decided on rather quickly, and was lynched after some discussion. Initially, he resisted, but the combined force of the town put him down and captured him. Before he was executed, he had a few final words. "I guess my days of enforcing authority and banning blacks and trolls are over. They got me." he said. He winked at one of the members in the crowd, before was finally killed. These words had made it clear that he was a mod, but the members felt it necessary to determine which. They couldn't find anything on his body, so they searched his house instead. Inside, they found a laptop that had been playing League of Legends for many hours, as well as several letters from Juicie Edge. They also noticed that he was exchanging many messages with the other mods. He had once been the most tyrannical mods in all of ZD history, and was known for having gone mad with power and banning several innocent users. Everyone believed that he had previously resigned, but he was secretly still working with the others. They were ecstatic at this lynch, and went to sleep, confident that it would all be over soon.

Thareous was Axle the Beast, the Moderator Role Cop!

The Unbanned (4):
  • Heroine of Time
  • Pendio
  • justac00lguy
  • Go_Dark_Link

The Banned (17):
  • AvatarFlygon - Erebea, the Bulletproof Member
  • Erebea - Batman, the Member Vigilante
  • LittleGumball - Dan, the Member Bomb
  • Stitch - Atticus, the Member Doctor
  • musicfan - Viral Maze, the Member Desperado
  • findemaxa - fused_shadows, the Member Miller
  • Violet - justac00lguy, the Member Gladiator
  • Keith - Big Octo, a Cult Member
  • A Link in Time - A Link in Time, the Member Cop
  • Fig - MadameMajora, the Member Lover
  • Mido - PK Flash, the Member Lover
  • Viral Maze - Fig, a Cult Member
  • Atti-kiss - Locke, the Moderator Strongman
  • Dekunut - Thareous, the Double Voter
  • Big Octo - Mases, the Godfather
  • Ver-go-a-go-go - lazarusryu, the Cult Leader
  • Thareous - Axle the Beast, the Moderator Role Cop

Night 7

The day will end in 48 hours. All power roles, please send me your targets via Skype.

Pendio said:
Draco, is it allowed for players to counter claim somebody on a day that has already had a role claim (or two as this day did)?

I believe only one person claimed today; GDL stated that she was going to, but you beat him to it. To answer your question, no, since only one person can claim per day.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I tried telling you guys that I was Town, but nobody listened to me so I joined forces with the mods. Mases is the only one that listens to me. :(

But seriously, good game. There's nothing more annoying than a tenacious Town that bands together at the end, and usually all it takes is a fake roleclaim to climb out of the mire. However, you all proved that a player shouldn't rely too much on those, no matter how good (or bad...) they are at sticking to falsified information.

And Justa... Watch your back from now on. :nerd:

Kirino

Tatakae
During the night, there were only a small amount of people left to perform their actions. There was only one Mod left, and it was determined to crush the rebellion and establish its control over the members. This could be the mod's last night if things didn't turn out well, and it set out to kill one of the members who could hinder it. The mod went after the target, who was simply sleeping in its bed; it would have been an easy kill, and the mod lunged for it; however, before it went through, a mysterious force suddenly stopped the kill. This woke the target up, who, seeing the person after him, quickly made an attempt to escape. Annoyed at having failed at the kill, the Mod escaped as well before anyone saw it. The next morning, the members awoke, surprised to see that everyone was still alive and well. This would be the last day for all of them, and they couldn't afford to waste it.

The Unbanned (4):
  • Heroine of Time
  • Pendio
  • justac00lguy
  • Go_Dark_Link

The Banned (17):
  • AvatarFlygon - Erebea, the Bulletproof Member
  • Erebea - Batman, the Member Vigilante
  • LittleGumball - Dan, the Member Bomb
  • Stitch - Atticus, the Member Doctor
  • musicfan - Viral Maze, the Member Desperado
  • findemaxa - fused_shadows, the Member Miller
  • Violet - justac00lguy, the Member Gladiator
  • Keith - Big Octo, a Cult Member
  • A Link in Time - A Link in Time, the Member Cop
  • Fig - MadameMajora, the Member Lover
  • Mido - PK Flash, the Member Lover
  • Viral Maze - Fig, a Cult Member
  • Atti-kiss - Locke, the Moderator Strongman
  • Dekunut - Thareous, the Double Voter
  • Big Octo - Mases, the Godfather
  • Ver-go-a-go-go - lazarusryu, the Cult Leader
  • Thareous - Axle the Beast, the Moderator Role Cop

Day 8

The day will end on July 10 at 12:00 AM EST. With 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to reach a majority lynch.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I tracked Pendio and he targeted GDL, so this, with Mafia's lack of kill, means obviously that they were RB'd. Now I've worked out a few scenarios, Heroine can't be scum, so it's down to Pendio and GDL.

For Pendio to be scum:
He would have attempted to kill or role block GDL (as I can confirm his target); however that would mean GDL is the Role Blocker and he "blocked" Pendio. This doesn't sound right, didn't GDL just claim Watcher? Why would he lie, notice that he even put subtle hints of his claim in before Pendio claimed RB'er - GDL planned out that he was going to claim Watcher as he knew it would fall in line with my claim. Why would the Town RB'er subtly fake claim Watcher? GDL obvious thought that this role was the last Town associated role left.

For GDL to be Scum:
This is pretty straightforward, I targeted Pendio, Pendio targeted GDL, Mafia's kill and block didn't go through. Pendio also role claimed Role Blocker which falls perfectly in line with what happened.

---

Honestly at this point I'm just showing the two possible outcomes for reference, it's obvious what happened. Leggo.

Vote: Go_Dark_Link

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well then.

The evidence is overwhelming against GDL. After his unusual attempt to claim Cultist in the previous day period, my suspicions rose on him immensely, and this just makes it more obvious.

One thing that I want us to think about, though, before I vote, is... Why wasn't JC blocked this time? If Pendio is actually Town, I can't imagine he's been blocking JC all these nights, whch must mean that the mafia has a Roleblocker. In which case, who on earth did GDL target? Me? He already knows I can't do anything in the night period anymore... It's very strange.

EBWODP
Ah.

It just occurred to me that perhaps he couldn't Roleblock anymore because he had to perform the kill. That would make sense.

Pen

The game is on!
Well as JC said, I did roleblock GDL (it really was quite a logical choice), and since the night kill was prevented, I am certain he is the guilty one.

Vote: Go_Drak_Link

Also, there is either one or no Cultists left amongst us. If there is one, that is probably Heroine. I do not know if the game mod changes the win condition for the Cult of their Leader dies. Assuming Heroine is a Cultist, she will either share the victory with the Town after GDL's death, or we will have to lynch her tomorrow (if the game continues). I am just speaking my mind.

It just occurred to me that perhaps he couldn't Roleblock anymore because he had to perform the kill. That would make sense.

Yeah, either that or JC only targeted players without power roles (I do not remember who his targets throughout the game were so this might be incorrect).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
One thing that I want us to think about, though, before I vote, is... Why wasn't JC blocked this time? If Pendio is actually Town, I can't imagine he's been blocking JC all these nights, whch must mean that the mafia has a Roleblocker. In which case, who on earth did GDL target? Me? He already knows I can't do anything in the night period anymore... It's very strange.

Here's what I think happened, GDL killed me and RB'd Pendio. So what you said kind of makes sense to determine which block went through because remember a RB'er would block both actions.

Although, there is no possible way you or I can be scum, even if you disregard my results; it's between Pendio and Go_Dark_Link. I think the answer is obvious, but take your time if you like.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well it seems you guys played right into the mafia's hand, but I guess since you've voted there's not much I can do to convince you otherwise anyways.

In case anyone was still wondering I'm Nicole, the Town Watcher. I don't know her so I wouldn't be able to tell you why she connects to my role, all I was told is that she loves someone called Fifth Harmony and that she is always looking out for and helping other members.
As for my results, I watched JC but they failed last night quite obviously.

To me this seems like the safest and smartest move Pendio could've done to get me lynched. If he had killed someone it would have been JC or Heroine, if the latter he would've had to roleblock JC as well. Then today would have been spent arguing and it would have been a 50/50 on if mafia gets voted on or not, extremely risky.
On the other hand, JC openly stated yesterday he was going to track Pendio. So if Pendio roleblocked me and chose not to kill anyone, JC would see he went to me and I didn't die so I would obviously have to be mafia. It's an almost flawless plan and it seems it worked perfectly. Mafia doesn't lose anything from it as if they lynch a townie today then they kill another at night and they still win, with no risk of JC or Heroine choosing the wrong side of the coin on 50/50.

It's extremely frustrating to see it came down to this, but I guess there's nothing else I can do or say. I'm praying that you lied all along, either Heroine or JC, and that you have some kind of killing/protective role.

Vote: Pendio

Either way, it was a fun game :yes:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
On the other hand, JC openly stated yesterday he was going to track Pendio. So if Pendio roleblocked me and chose not to kill anyone, JC would see he went to me and I didn't die so I would obviously have to be mafia. It's an almost flawless plan and it seems it worked perfectly. Mafia doesn't lose anything from it as if they lynch a townie today then they kill another at night and they still win, with no risk of JC or Heroine choosing the wrong side of the coin on 50/50.
Well Pendio, if he was Mafia, couldn't have chose not to kill as the night scene says otherwise. Here's the part about the blocked kill:

Night Scene: The mod went after the target, who was simply sleeping in its bed; it would have been an easy kill, and the mod lunged for it; however, before it went through, a mysterious force suddenly stopped the kill.
See this clearly indicates that Mafia (you) went to kill [insert name] but it was blocked (Pendio). The only way you could have possibly turned this around would for you go got back on your claim and somehow convince us that you're the RB'er; however you've pretty much confirmed that you're scum now.

---

Heroine, you ready to hammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom